ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Anytime popular Hollywood product goes political or gets vocal about this cause or another it almost always signifies the end of the said shows productive life. When Ellen Degeneres make her gay lifestyle a part of the show, the rates died and she was off the air the next year.

Now that the producers have made being green not only a part of production but seem to hint they are going public with making people aware of being " carbon neutral " they have joined the ranks of the loud Hollywood ballywho following Al Gore like some neo-shaman.
This is usually followed by the implosion of the writing and quality of production and death of the show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 02057.html

Not that I'm against saving energy.  But you watch, the next season of 24 will suck and they think they are buying favor by being politically vocal about a trendy issue because they know they are making a dud, when in reality they will end up in the dustbin of history just like so many failed attempts at entertainment/indoctrination before.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Hopefully they won't make the show bad. I'm all for greener stuff; regardless of what causes global warming or if it even exists, it's a good thing to not pollute so much.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

I think 24 sucked anyway, and this does not help either.

Save energy by watching TV...................lawl
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
I didn't watch 24. But when they started talking about Middle Eastern evil people nuking places, didn't it get political then? Or, something like that. I dunno, I don't watch 24. It does seem like another Propaganda show. I'll go to Iran if I want some vomit-inducing propaganda thank you very much. I'll stick to Top Gear.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6140|North Tonawanda, NY
The death of another show.  Oh well.  The real shame is how reality TV will take its place.
Balok77
+28|6158
dunno season 6 was terrible gave up half way thru.....so im not supprised the next one will be bad

Shame cause 1-4 where all very good
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

Mekstizzle wrote:

I didn't watch 24. But when they started talking about Middle Eastern evil people nuking places, didn't it get political then? Or, something like that. I dunno, I don't watch 24. It does seem like another Propaganda show. I'll go to Iran if I want some vomit-inducing propaganda thank you very much. I'll stick to Top Gear.
Basically...  If the new season bombs, it will be because it will stop telling people what they want to hear.  That's how entertainment works...  People want to be amused and frightened, but they don't want any preaching unless that preaching is patriotic or religious.

Personally, the only TV shows I tend to watch are on Comedy Central, because you just can't beat the Daily Show, South Park, and The Colbert Report.

If I want drama TV, I'll watch Six Feet Under on DVD.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

I always wanted to watch 24 but never got round to it, I always expected that a few episodes would be Jack Bauer (that's the one right?) sleeping seeing as each episode is an hour in a day lol.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

M.O.A.B wrote:

I always wanted to watch 24 but never got round to it, I always expected that a few episodes would be Jack Bauer (that's the one right?) sleeping seeing as each episode is an hour in a day lol.
Jack Bauer needs no sleep.
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live
I agree with the OP. Shows frequently suck when they are trying to accomplish something. Like the last episode of most shows sucks because it is trying to tie up lots of loose ends. The writers focus on getting the plot finished instead of writing a good screenplay.

24 was great for the first few seasons and I watched every episode. I stopped watching halfway through the last season because it sucked. It looked like an attempt to cater to a wider audience by making the show more like a soap opera than a suspenseful action-filled drama. I bet next season will be worse.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Maybe they'll bring back Firefly now.

ATG wrote:

Not that I'm against saving energy.
But Al Gore is against it...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-05 21:01:11)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France
I didn't see the first 23, so I thought if I watched 24 I'd be lost.  Just like the movie Malcom X.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

Pug wrote:

I didn't see the first 23, so I thought if I watched 24 I'd be lost.  Just like the movie Malcom X.
Or The Madness Of King George III.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

The beginning of the end of 24 came with episode 4 of this past season. Having the climax of a season 4 episodes in is not the brightest idea. I was hoping it would end soon anyway, before it gets too watered down and lame. Oh well, the first 5 seasons were awesome, so the next few should suck and then it'll completely die.

My big complaint with all this is that everyone gets so pretentious and thinks they're all that because they're "green". My message to them: shut the fuck up and move on with your life! No one should care or make a big deal out of it. Congratulations, you save energy, now be humble about it and move on. I recycle regularly, but I'm not throwing it in everyone's face and making a big deal. No one cares whether I recycle or not, so why should we care that some celebrity is a hippie?

Last edited by mtb0minime (2007-08-05 22:39:35)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
24 was ridiculous and pathetic anyway. It was essentially propaganda to desensitise people to the use of torture. They tortured some fucker every second episode!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

CameronPoe wrote:

24 was ridiculous and pathetic anyway. It was essentially propaganda to desensitise people to the use of torture. They tortured some fucker every second episode!
Pffftttt.........watching it was torture.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6531

ATG wrote:

Anytime popular Hollywood product goes political or gets vocal about this cause or another it almost always signifies the end of the said shows productive life.
Tell that to the West Wing, with all 2 Golden Globes and 26 Emmy awards.

Minus Reality TV, its seems the majority of shows are getting more political.

If anything, 24 will tank cuz Sutherland doesn't wanna do it anymore. He is 24.

Last edited by Protecus (2007-08-06 14:51:28)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6751|OctoLand

Balok77 wrote:

dunno season 6 was terrible gave up half way thru.....so im not supprised the next one will be bad

Shame cause 1-4 where all very good
I know fucking karate
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6383|Kyiv, Ukraine

ATG wrote:

Anytime popular Hollywood product goes political or gets vocal about this cause or another it almost always signifies the end of the said shows productive life. When Ellen Degeneres make her gay lifestyle a part of the show, the rates died and she was off the air the next year.

Now that the producers have made being green not only a part of production but seem to hint they are going public with making people aware of being " carbon neutral " they have joined the ranks of the loud Hollywood ballywho following Al Gore like some neo-shaman.
This is usually followed by the implosion of the writing and quality of production and death of the show.

Not that I'm against saving energy.  But you watch, the next season of 24 will suck and they think they are buying favor by being politically vocal about a trendy issue because they know they are making a dud, when in reality they will end up in the dustbin of history just like so many failed attempts at entertainment/indoctrination before.
Well good, going a bit Green may help them make up for giving the Cheney administration's ridiculous pro-torture arguements some street cred.  Karmic retribution can be a bitch sometimes, maybe the writers are feeling a bit "heavy".
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6656|Peoria
I never watched 24. I don't see a point in capitalizing on fear. That seems counterproductive.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

ATG wrote:

Well good, going a bit Green may help them make up for giving the Cheney administration's ridiculous pro-torture arguements some street cred.  Karmic retribution can be a bitch sometimes, maybe the writers are feeling a bit "heavy".
Zomg, l33t thinker.
ReDevilJR
+106|6361

CameronPoe wrote:

24 is the shit. It's a TV show, it's entertainment. I happened to find it simply the best. Jack Bauer is such a badass.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

ReDevilJR wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

24 is the shit. It's a TV show, it's entertainment. I happened to find it simply the best. Jack Bauer is such a badass.
24 is a classic Western, 21st-century style. Root for the good guys, good guys do bad things to beat the bad guys, good guys win. Simple as that.

I do admit that this past season sucked the big one, but I'm not the only one, seeing as how this is the first season so far it hasn't been nominated for an Emmy, so maybe that'll tell the writers something.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

Jack owned any of your pussy ass political agenda wannabes.  He would take GWB and rip his fucking heart out, and then force feed it to "I really suck dick" Cheney.  Then he'd give Condi a little of what she really wanted, but was too stupid and ugly to get.  He'd pop that dumb cunt Ann Colter, just for lack of better things to do, and make that little jackass Rush Limbaugh watch...then Rush would get a lead enema and enjoy it just before he died.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
24 sucks.  Watch Lost.  (There's an Iraqi who is actually cool and can snap peoples necks with his hands tied)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard