Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6283|Outside your Back window
Is it just me or do people who play internet games and use game forums talk like complete plebs? A few examples i have found whilst just looking through some posts:
'I can has wake?'
'Sends lolz through the internet'
'lulz teh mitosis'
'internets'
'There is Teh n00b'
'I Iz teh L33t'

What the fuck, sometimes i read these little phrases and think...wow what the fuck am i part of. I usually associate this with people from TOP i dont know why but i feel that clans that seem to "rebel" against the BF2 rules often think they are really cool and so come up with stupid little sayings like "ZomG PwnT"

I also associate this type of bull with kids aging from 12 to 16.
kingofkolt
+17|6232|Boston, MA, USA
I think those quotes are from people making fun of kids aged 12-16. Kinda like the whole lolcats/Caturday thing. For example, my sig says "Battlefield 2 pwnage"... it's not that I actually talk or write like that online, I'm doing it for the humor of it.
Aids
+4|6168|Adelaide, Australia
I dont believe that many (if any) people actually talk like that. it's usually used for comedic purposes or to lighten the mood
stef10
+173|6491|Denmark

Aids wrote:

I dont believe that many (if any) people actually talk like that. it's usually used for comedic purposes or to lighten the mood
yea
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

It's done for the same reason anything else is done in the world...

... for the lulz.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6576|NYC / Hamburg

u r teh n00b, dat is teh 1337 way of writing
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
Lol Pleb.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6399

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

It's done for the same reason anything else is done in the world...

... for the lulz.
Come to IRC, we make great use of such language to emphasise certain points.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-08-06 05:08:46)

kingofkolt
+17|6232|Boston, MA, USA
This seems like an appropriate time to introduce...

THE LOLCAT!

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105 … freeze.jpg

(Image edited out to avoid ban-age.)

Last edited by kingofkolt (2007-08-06 10:50:43)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Is it just me or do people who play internet games and use game forums talk like complete plebs? A few examples i have found whilst just looking through some posts:
'I can has wake?'
'lulz teh mitosis'
'internets'
'There is Teh n00b'
'I Iz teh L33t'

What the fuck, sometimes i read these little phrases and think...wow what the fuck am i part of. I usually associate this with people from TOP i dont know why but i feel that clans that seem to "rebel" against the BF2 rules often think they are really cool and so come up with stupid little sayings like "ZomG PwnT"

I iz offendud. I are reply s00nz.

In my opinion, it's not "talking like that", but "making fun out of people who talk like that". Lolcats have also a big influence on the recent uprise of this type of talk.

Your examples explained:
'I can has wake?'  - Derived from lolcats. See also: http://www.icanhascheezburger.com (but do NOT post them here)

'Sends lolz through the internet' - lol, of which lulz is a corruption. You know what it means.

'lulz teh mitosis'- See above. Teh is a meme/netslang (also lulz and lol are) which comes from a typo cause by pressing the correct keys at the wrong time. Used to emphasize a sentence for comedic value.

'internets' - Also known as "Interwebs", or "the Google". Used often to point out that people act smarter than they are. See also: "Series of tubes"

'There is Teh n00b' & 'I Iz teh L33t' - Leet speak. Used on these forums to make fun out of people who have a lack of social life and actually like to 5p11k li3k th15.

Used in the wrong context, e.g. in "Debate & Serious Talk", the use of the above leads to ridicule from other members.

In my opinion.
I need around tree fiddy.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6565|Kent, UK
can i's be ask1ng whys ur leik so against t3h internats?

Srsly though, if you don't like it, don't read those posts. You know what i hate more than 1337 speak? it's fecktards and smackheads who make whiny fucking posts about everything without searching. Guess that's you then
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6206|Winland

Well, if you've somehow missed Happycat, the I can has cheezburgr cat, I can tell you, that at least I find that phrase, togheter with that poicture hilarious. I can has XXXXXXXX has became a web "jingle". It's just such a classic. I often type stuff like iPwn or pwnd ingame, but it's just for the thing. pwn have became so usual, since it's common people trying to type own, type pwn. And of course, people don't walk around IRL talking like

j00 d00dz i r teh pwn3r of tihz hauz! gtfo omma g4rd3n u fkin k1dz!

JayZeroZero DeeZeroZero
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

I use it for giggles amongst the other eu guys, makes things sound funnier for some reason.
baggs
+732|6213

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

'I can has wake?'
'lulz teh mitosis'
'internets'
'There is Teh n00b'
'I Iz teh L33t'

its all about making a connection with another person, sometimes a little bit talk like that can set the mood, popping a sentence in containing some lolcat caption can turn even the most morbid situation into some giggles.

what does it matter that people want to talk like that? you can opt out, why do you think everyone else should?
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6363|West NY
Yeah I'm pretty much mocking it when I do...seing as how I only do it for a comical purpose.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6741|St. Andrews / Oslo

DonFck wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

'I can has wake?'
'lulz teh mitosis'
'internets'
'There is Teh n00b'
'I Iz teh L33t'

I iz offendud. I are reply s00nz.

In my opinion, it's not "talking like that", but "making fun out of people who talk like that". Lolcats have also a big influence on the recent uprise of this type of talk.

Your examples explained:
'I can has wake?'  - Derived from lolcats. See also: http://www.icanhascheezburger.com (but do NOT post them here)

'Sends lolz through the internet' - lol, of which lulz is a corruption. You know what it means.

'lulz teh mitosis'- See above. Teh is a meme/netslang (also lulz and lol are) which comes from a typo cause by pressing the correct keys at the wrong time. Used to emphasize a sentence for comedic value.

'internets' - Also known as "Interwebs", or "the Google". Used often to point out that people act smarter than they are. See also: "Series of tubes"

'There is Teh n00b' & 'I Iz teh L33t' - Leet speak. Used on these forums to make fun out of people who have a lack of social life and actually like to 5p11k li3k th15.

Used in the wrong context, e.g. in "Debate & Serious Talk", the use of the above leads to ridicule from other members.

In my opinion.
True Dat.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
B1GBUD
+17|6605|Under an Artillery Shell
Freezer, I has wot you wantz..... @ 1680 x 1050, 6xAA, 16xAF and maxxed out at 100fps!!!

Lick my noodle!!
kingofkolt
+17|6232|Boston, MA, USA
What is antistropic filtering and where is the option to change it in BF2? I've never seen such an option...?
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6654|Ohio
I can haz teh internets back, plz?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6653

It's called a joke.
B1GBUD

kingofkolt wrote:

What is antistropic filtering and where is the option to change it in BF2? I've never seen such an option...?
It's best to force it via your NVIDIA / ATI CCC advanced display settings.

Otherwise it's texture filtering in BF2 video options.

If you don't know where to find the advanced display settingslet me know
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6206|Winland

B1GBUD wrote:

kingofkolt wrote:

Texture filtering is AF, if I remember it correctly.

I just need a new mobo. I have a 7900GT.

/derail.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-08-06 05:57:29)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6662|pimelteror.de
teh thr3ads r teh st00pidz.

it´s about fun. that´s all. why do people take things too serious?
B1GBUD

Freezer7Pro wrote:

B1GBUD wrote:

kingofkolt wrote:

/derail.
Yeah, like I said, either force it on in your display settings or via in game video options!!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6565|Kent, UK

B1GBUD wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

B1GBUD wrote:

/derail.
Yeah, like I said, either force it on in your display settings or via in game video options!!
quit talking like a retard all of you! Don't you know this is teh intarwebs?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard