Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

They are switching to Crysis now. They gave up on the BF series long ago.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!

r2zoo wrote:

Regardless if his friend is "in the know" EA will stop supporting eventully, get used to it, all games get their support cut off at one point or another, be glad we got support as long as we have, the second BF2 came out support for BFV died that week,  BF2 stats are not run by EA, they are run by Gamespy, 2142 stats are on EA servers though, so they'll probaly last a while longer.

If you think about EA is pretty damn good at support, given the fact that a majority of their player base whines and bitches constantly over ever little issue in the game, and then when EA tries to fix something, instead of contructive commentary they get people wanted to destroy their companys and damning the company.  If I ran EA I would have stopped providing support long ago, but thats just me.
Find another company that has the cheek to still sell an FPS game that has more bugs than features.
Panther0071
+5|6213
i got this from the EA forums
Ricerckt93
+69|6644
Well, if they are smart, they better make sure they have strong support with a new game BEFORE they kill BF2 completely.

Look how much hype there was for BF2142, and still so many of us didn't by it.

We prefered the BF2/expansions/boosters.

BF2 is still going strong.

I'm not too worried about it right now, but like it was said earlier, it will eventually come to an end.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
Same ol' story, just a different thread. In my opinion EA never supported the BF series in the first place. Sloppy patches, poor communication with the community, and an overall disregard for the people who keep EA in business. I've said it before and I'll say it again: EA DOES NOT care about its player community and they never will. EA is a company in the business of making money and that's it. They create a new game, make a lot of money, string it along for a couple years until purchasing is on a steady decline, then drop it to focus on the next money-maker. By anyones standards it's a very lame thing to do, but from a business standpoint it's perfect.

It doesn't matter how many people complain, whine, bitch, cry, and swear never to buy another EA product. They'll buy it without hesitation every time. Their hope is that the next game will be better, when in reality it's just going to be the same rushed game, full of bugs and exploits, and never truly out of the Beta stage. EA knows this. Why spend a lot of money and time on game production and support to make the fans happy, but not make as much money, when you can hastily throw together a game in minimal time and string it along for a while with a few patches to hold people over, and in the long run make a whole lot more money.
HSG
+23|6466|British Columbia, Canada
There not gonna stop supporting bf2 for a while. The've made so much money off bf2 and look how many people play. EA cant do that.
Panther0071
+5|6213
yeah so like EA said its open season for the cheaters for bf2 and bf2142.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6319|105 RVK

David.P wrote:

If they cut off support how will we get our stats? Will some other company take it over and institute a pay to play scenario? It's been discussed before.
If u had any brains you'd know GameSpy takes care of your BF2 account and stats. Mr.KnowItAll
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

Wow. Im sure you all like bf2 which is a good thing but damn it you people are a bunch of whiney runts, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT EA HAVE GIVEN YOU STOP PLAYING STFU. im honestly sick of people tearing EA to bits over a game they made for you, now you can say that they did it for profit but isnt that why and company does anything? for profit?. so remember folks get what your given and like it.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
There have been these rumors at least three times before. All false.
psH
Banned
+217|6375|Sydney

A41-darkmanX wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

EA never supported BF2 tbh.
ROFL ... thats funny as hell!
Yes funny...but true.

In fact does EA even know of the word support? well i guess they meant something else when they named the kit...
fabiator14
+7|6143|Normandy - France
bullshit as usual ! !

If there is a problem like stats issue, they will support.
No more patch : that's surely right. They won't put their staff on a 2yo game for several years...
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land

Ashlite wrote:

A41-darkmanX wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

EA never supported BF2 tbh.
ROFL ... thats funny as hell!
Yes funny...but true.

In fact does EA even know of the word support? well i guess they meant something else when they named the kit...
yeah...

generally, if the newer players complain about something then EA will try to make them happy because if the newer players are happy then any new players will be happy and tell any of their friends to buy the game

pandering to newbies, if you will
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria
this is just another stupid bit of "news"! lol
Many people play BF2, see the ranked servers on game monitor, EA gets $$$ for those ranked servers!! SO, BF2 is a great game and will live on!

Of course, it's an electronic game and will not last forever, nothing in this world lasts forever, hehe.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6554|British Columbia, Canada

Darkfire wrote:

Greenspan wrote:

The only reason they keep pumping out this crap, is because we all eat it up and they make assloads of money.
see they suck you in by sugar coating this crap, making it look like something you'd want. Then you buy it and realize its not at all what they promised it would be
If you want Proof of sugar coating, look at the back of your case, half that shit isn't even in the game..
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6817|Netherlands
yeah     gimme a source to..
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6610|InGerLand

Ryan wrote:

They are switching to Crysis now. They gave up on the BF series long ago.
nah it'll be crysis then a few expansions and boosters from 2142 then crysis 2 and then another BF game, then maybe crysis 3 or they will move onto something else, the battlefield series moaned and complained about though it is has been played by millions, EA isn't going to give up a money machine like that easily.
Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|6123

The_Killer wrote:

BALTINS wrote:

Right now there are more than 24'000 people playing Battlefield 2 and more than 11'000 playing 2142. There are 2842 ranked bf2 and 1676 ranked 2142 servers. I'll say, this game ain't dead and thats not gonna change for at least another year.
lol out of the 24,000 people playing bf2 90% are playing strike at karkand.
LOL seriously.. why i dont play I/O much anymore
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
I love Bf2 coz its a modern combat fps with vehicles....is there a game what has the same ? (COD4 maybe)
We have tons of WW2 FPS and futuristic ones like UT 2K4
I want more support for BF2 IF they dont want to give the access to the community and we will make our own PLA city map and our ideas will be included in this wonderful game...
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6505

RDMC wrote:

Fuck EA, ever since the beginning of this game they only made it worse. Well not entirely, untill patch 1.03 they were doing fine, after that they only fucked up.
ummmmm.... 1.12 u mean
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
Dont you guys remember that DICE actually patch the freaking game? EA just publish it...go yell at DICE FFS.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria
EA bought DICE some time ago, in case you don't know. So, now DICE = EA.
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine
I honestly think that if DICE did new expansion pack ( like SF , not those poor booster packs ) and EA released it on DVD they'd get shitload of money because a lot of people still play BF2 and half of them will buy huge expansion pack with new armies , maps , guns , vehicles , unlocks(maybe) for sure . They just failed to understand it so they give up on supporting BF2 . And their booster pack idea fails ...
Stizz
+8|6241|New Jersey
Ea did support this game exactly as they were asked to.  People whined for this to be taken out or this to be less powerful, so on and so on, and thats exactly what they did.  Half the people posting in this topic probably didnt even start playing this game till some of the later patches like 1.3.  Like someone said above, they were doing pretty good on the patches in the beginning, but then they gave into the whiners.  As soon as they started to do all that, more bugs appeared.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6577|Seattle

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Wow. Im sure you all like bf2 which is a good thing but damn it you people are a bunch of whiney runts, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT EA HAVE GIVEN YOU STOP PLAYING STFU. im honestly sick of people tearing EA to bits over a game they made for you, now you can say that they did it for profit but isnt that why and company does anything? for profit?. so remember folks get what your given and like it.
sure "get what your given and like it" im sure a lot of people will laugh at whatever you settle for in life. i suppose if the ceo of EA asked u to bend over ud still be likin' it, eh? lets limit our posts to intelligent thoughts only.

ea patched the game plenty of times but it was always with new content nobody had asked for and no solutions to the known bugs.

i doubt the game will be patched again, and in answer to the OP, yes, the amount of cheating is exploding. It used to be very rare to find someone that appeared to be cheating, now you see one in almost every server. Which is still better than the 2-5 hackers that you find in a full CSS server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard