Poll

What do you think should be done about claymores?

Make the trigger radius smaller.20%20% - 65
Give only 1 to snipers.10%10% - 32
Take them out of the game.9%9% - 30
Stay how they are now.59%59% - 188
Total: 315
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Simple solution.  Don't walk on claymores.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6540|United States
I enjoy the noobs who run the same exact path 2-4 times and get claymored 2-4 times then have the nerve to bitch about claymore spamming and/or how noob the claymore placer is for using them. It's like the rednecks out west how spend their whole lives rebuilding their house because a tornado hits them every other year or so. Incomprehensible.
Fateless
+36|6212|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Well, at the time of my post its 64% for leave them as they are, which is how i voted. If your going to take away am important piece of kit, how about Engys mines, or Spec's c4 etc etc. If anything is taken away from the sniper (any?) kit, it leaves it lacking severely.

That said its a game, and late as it is, its not going to change.

Fateless.
Skylands91
+2|6085|New Jersey
If you ask me, ilike claymores.
Even if im  getting killed by them

They're not to hard to notice so if you see one, make sure your facing the way it doesnt explode in your face...its pretty much that same thing as getting c4'ed, you gotta be careful.
RECONDO67
+60|6606|miami FL
I must admit I love claymores they are designed for the unaware soldier that runs into buildings without checking first.

and they were design to aid the sniper in close combat were he is in disadvantage.
Seaneroo
+12|6628

x=Rocko=x wrote:

Claymores are the most powerful weapon in infantry only servers.   Unless you're going to go engineer you WILL get clay'd at least 3 times a game.  I want something done about this!  If you've got any other ideas post them.
I think grenade spamming is much more annoying than the occasional claymore, especially in IO servers.  What say we start there?
Evangium
Hmm...Increase my killing power, eh?
+1|6081|Brisbane, Australia
Would've been nice to be able to recover your own claymores, rather than have to leave them for that one team member who assumes that the red skull means "Opportunity to Punish for TK".  Other than that, like everyone else has said, don't take the obvious routes.  Instead of charging straight down the guts, make the enemy work hard for those tickets.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616

jord wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

They're not needed in IO, limit or take them out of IO at least.
Stop being such a pussy. Who are you to decide what is and isn't needed in a game?

I'm glad there's no more patch's so people like you can't kill this game.
In other words you think patches fuck with BF2, yet claymores themselves were fucked with in a patch.

Honestly claymores were just fine before 1.2. FF on and destructable.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord
Null Vote; not enough options.

I'd like to see them destructible again, so if a player/squad is careful they can often disable them before having to trigger one 'in person'. It would make the snipers who want to use them in certain ways have to put in a little more effort for those kills, instead of just being able to drop a clay in the middle of a room or to the side of a door and walk away, guaranteed at least one kill per.

And given how few bullets snipers are given I'd like to see this accompanied by them having 4 again, or more grenades than the other classes (6 sounds about right). IFF still a server setting of course.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6136|Germany
IMO 1 clay is enough for the sniper...
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6589|Manitowoc, WI

jord wrote:

Keep suggesting things like someone from Dice actually visits here and will decide to make a new patch.
OK, first of all, we know that Dice doesn't come to this site, we know we aren't going to make a difference, we're just talking about a possible way to fix what some of us feel is a problem.

In all honesty, when you lay down a claymore you are almost guaranteed a kill.  You can't destroy them.  The only option of getting past a claymore is to send a squad mate in as a meat shield and then revive him.  That's just retarted that the only way past it is to give someone their free points.  The sniper doesn't care that you still go by because as much as you say you are laying it down to protect a base, you're just doing it because you know you will get the kill.

And the "be an engineer so you don't have to worry about it" doesn't work.  Most of the time claymores are placed so it's impossible to get behind them so the are completely immune to everything.

What needs to happen with claymores is that you can get past them if you go slow.  They are a trap, and traps are meant to kill someone who's not paying attention is running blindly.  If you see them, you should be able to get around them.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2007-08-05 16:13:22)

Evangium
Hmm...Increase my killing power, eh?
+1|6081|Brisbane, Australia
Yep you're guaranteed kill.  Problem is that it doesn't discriminate between enemy or friendly if you play FF off.  Recoverable and command detonated would've been the way to go.  Might've even better promoted the concept of the sniper pair.  But after browsing through the forums, I'm left with the impression that no matter how you employ a claymore there will be someone who'll bitch about how it unbalances the gameplay.  Unless of course it gets 'improved' so that it kills you and gives the points to those who you were trying to blow up in the first place...
Smitty5613
+46|6496|Middle of nowhere, California
they need to take at least 10 seconds to set up..... if they did that, then that would cut down on the claymore whores a lot.....
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6795|Netherlands
Leave um as is.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6514|Sverige (SWE)

BabySpinach wrote:

Simple solution.  Don't walk on claymores.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6385|...
maybe servers should turn ff to 100%...
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6700|Michigan
Null vote.
I think each kit should have 10 claymores each and ff=off.
LOL, nobody would do anything!!!
1s1k_hellspawn
+5|6170|in the woods of maine

spacebandit72 wrote:

Null vote.
I think each kit should have 10 claymores each and ff=off.
LOL, nobody would do anything!!!
lol hahaha spit coffee on keyboard
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6507|Chicago
You should be able to shoot/grenade them to detonate them remotely.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6755|Anaheim, CA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

GuliblGuy wrote:

Claymores are fine, if they are used correctly.  The most annoying thing is when there is a sniper on the ground you're shooting at, and he is bouncing around and throws a gaymore down before you kill him so that it will kill you. 

In our servers we only allow snipers to place them to protect themselves while sniping (i.e. at the top of a ladder if they're on the roof (which is honestly where most snipers should be)).
TBH, in your servers I have only seen that rule enforced if it pertains to Admins.  Pretty much same for all the rules you guys have.  I still think your servers are awesome, though.
Well, it's hard to know when it's happening to other people because stuff scrolls so fast, so obviously if it happens to us we take care of it!  If you are having issues and an admin is on, tell him/her and they will take care of it!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

GuliblGuy wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

GuliblGuy wrote:

Claymores are fine, if they are used correctly.  The most annoying thing is when there is a sniper on the ground you're shooting at, and he is bouncing around and throws a gaymore down before you kill him so that it will kill you. 

In our servers we only allow snipers to place them to protect themselves while sniping (i.e. at the top of a ladder if they're on the roof (which is honestly where most snipers should be)).
TBH, in your servers I have only seen that rule enforced if it pertains to Admins.  Pretty much same for all the rules you guys have.  I still think your servers are awesome, though.
Well, it's hard to know when it's happening to other people because stuff scrolls so fast, so obviously if it happens to us we take care of it!  If you are having issues and an admin is on, tell him/her and they will take care of it!
No issues really, it's just something I've noticed.  I don't even really mind claymores.  Sure, they are bothersome, but I don't like when people complain about the way a weapon is used in game.  If I pick sniper, I should be able to use the weapons of that class anyway I like.  That being said, I also choose to play in your server fully aware of the rules you guys have in place.
too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx
Only thing I hate about them in the radius. I've literally been killed by more than one over 10m away. Not sure what the deal is, but it's total b.s.!!
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

be able to destroy them with either a nade or just shooting them.

OR, give the all the kits a "triggerable" object and you can throw it in front of the clay to make it detonate without hurting you.

LOL 1 man army got bannzored XD
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6716|Mexico City
Clays are OK
snipers should have at least 4 clays.

Is not our fault there are a lot of retards than can think of anything that running straight without looking, throwing nades and medic packs.

what´s the problem if the clay is used as an offensive weapon???,  think of it as an "intelligent" nade.

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2007-08-08 12:03:33)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

While we're at it:

- Put a delay on healing from health packs to simulate patching up time.
- Put a delay on ammo packs to simulate packing time.
- Limit Medics to 6 health packs.  Resupply only from crates.
- Limit Medics to 6 defib attempts.  Recharge only from crates.
- Limit Support to 6 ammo packs.  Resupply only from crates.

Keep them the way they are.  God, the biggest complainers are the medics.  Odd, considering that they would benefit the most from reviving dead team mates.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard