Herackles
+33|6628
This is why you don't download games of this kind.  It's just asking for trouble.  In any case, I hope it all works out for you.

Cheers.
capt. crunch
+8|6451|that place
All I can say is I feel your pain and have been through somewhat the same and even worse. Good luck tho!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK
*points and laughs*

o wait... my 2142 doesnt work either.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
same thing happened to my buddy. ea has to get their shit together. at least they have some consistancy when it comes to something. too bad that something is fuckups.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
Tyferra, being a mate I will get you a 2142 CD key. Sarrk, give tyf the link to your torrent.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
zomg torrent!!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

spawnofthemist wrote:

zomg torrent!!
Sadly, you still need a cd-key.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6398
there are many torrents out there ^^, well probably 1 or 2 good ones. lol cyborg i thought you were referring to giving him the actual game with a cd key for him... cause then i would've yelled out w.t.f. and spoiled ass brat in terms of money expenditures

but again, if you were giving, it means your caring

Last edited by i_dun_nV_u (2006-11-01 06:25:20)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

i_dun_nV_u wrote:

there are many torrents out there ^^, well probably 1 or 2 good ones. lol cyborg i thought you were referring to giving him the actual game with a cd key for him... cause then i would've yelled out w.t.f. and spoiled ass brat in terms of money expenditures

but again, if you were giving, it means your caring
I would buy a CD, then giving the CD key in the manual to tyf.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

No worries. Downloaded again and thanks to you guys' tips I have made a back up! Take THAT globalised-fuck-up corporation!

I'd add that I got 2142 for free anyway, but then I'd be afraid you'd withdraw all your sympathy.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6445

DonFck wrote:

So.. is it "Challenge everything" or "Make everything challenging"?

I feel your pain, Ty. From 17,198 km away.
lmao at the first thing. good luck with that ty, im afraid DonFck might be right about the motto :-/
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

Ty wrote:

Meh., Laugh all you want. It's better to laugh when shit hits the fan then to get showered in it though, remember that.

Grr. I'm going outside to kick a small animal in the gangooleys.
And now, I'm going to buy 2142 from the store.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

Ty wrote:

I'd add that I got 2142 for free anyway, but then I'd be afraid you'd withdraw all your sympathy.
rofl. i was just about to write that the first and missing part of your problem description was exchanging currency for 2142, but there you go. how did you get it free? gift, prize, theft?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Hey, more bad news. Tried installing my newly downloaded BF2142 - "CORRUPT! RE-DOWNLOAD!"
Fuck. It autodeleted everything I just finished downloading, and the backup showed the same error and self-destructed. Another, (checks,) nine hours 'till I can try again. Internet i acting btter today, but for referance, down here we're back in the stone-age in terms of broadband.

And oberst_enzian, I got given BF2142 by EA for throwing my Bf2s.com, (former,) status around and being a helpful Beta tester. Go me! Still, I think it's a crappy gift if all it does is suck up my bandwidth.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Ty wrote:

..Sarrk..
<3

Say the word and I'll hook you up with leet torrents.
Aro
+0|6112
The problem is that EA is more concerned about making their games pirate-proof than making them bullshit-proof

...because it's EA...
and they're really really good at being the worst company in the world
i hope an asteroid lands on their face.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6539|Chicago
Did Cryan hax Ty's account? Jesus, with the bitching.
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK

Aro wrote:

The problem is that EA is more concerned about making their games pirate-proof than making them bullshit-proof

...because it's EA...
and they're really really good at being the worst company in the world
i hope an asteroid lands on their face.
way to fucking revive a thread
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark
lolololool.

resurrection FTW!!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

Ty wrote:

Honestly, this is ridiculous.
I was playing BF2142 just before with my good buddy Sarrk. I had very recently, (ten minutes ago,) fixed my modem so I could play without 600+ ping, which was great, I was really enjoying myself. After one and a half games, BF2142 crashed.
No biggie at this stage, it happens all the time, Battlefield enthusiasts have been trained to deal with this.
Now it froze my computer so i had to turn it off and on agin. Still, no biggie.

Now when I had restarted I had the return of an old error friend: 'EC:5510'. I had dealt with this in the past thanks to, (shock, horror,) the EA FAQ. it involved deleting a key, uninstalling the game and re-installing. I was kind of pissed off, but no biggie.

I followed to process up to, "un-install game." Now, as some of you may or may not know, EA have just upgraded, (scoff,) their downloader which is now called "EA Link". When I went to re-install BF2142, (I got it from the downloader, yes I know, bad mistake,) I no longer had the option to re-install. What I had instead was a happy little cuddlebug called "Dowload Now!"

I have to download the WHOLE! FUCKING! GAME! ALL! OVER! AGAIN! (sentance fragment[s].)

So I am rightfully pissed off. If this crash happens again will I AGAIN have to download a 2+GB file over approximatly 13 hours?

So yeah. Although I remember using the word 'Fuck", it just dosn't quite fully illustrate the frustration I'm feelin right now. Anyone care to help?

Anyway, better go to bed. Work in the morning. In at nine, punch-out at five y'know. All I wanted was some exciting futuristic gun violence with my fine self at the helm for an hour or two and instead I have this headache.

Fucking craptacular.
Isn't it funny how swear words dont help vent anger anymore? There just not special.
I find throwing things helps a lot!
Get yourself an old toy or something you dont care about and keep it next to your desk. When you get pissed just know you can throw it at any time. Then when it really gets to you stand up, throw your chair back, grab that bitch and throw it as hard as possible at the wall.
Also, It takes you 13 hours to dl 2 gb? Wtf is your dl speed?
15 more years! 15 more years!
=VGF= Avantek
+2|6116
Well If thinking was a part of the process you would do what I did copy the instalation file to a separete folder so that when I need to install again I wouldnt have to download "the WHOLE! FUCKING! GAME! ALL! OVER! AGAIN!" ROFLMAO...

Just heads up to all of you.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6449|Boulder, CO
I find a large axe and a tree stump works wonders for frustration, though beware, wear tough shoes as i nearly cut my own foot in half once after i got really pissed of and somehow missed the stump (thankfully it only nicked my shoe and the leather deflected most of it just giving me a bigassed bruise).

Last edited by Noobeater (2007-08-05 16:32:51)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Burn your EA downloader folder to a DVD. The you should be able to rettrieve it. Even from another computer. Worked for me on teh 2142 demo.

EDIT: Be glad you don't have the same kinda connection as I have...

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-08-05 16:32:54)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Yep, uh, NINE months ago - coming on 10 months ago. Old news au, no point re-visiting this headache.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

spawnofthemist wrote:

zomg torrent!!
unbanthemist

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard