Doommarine23
+0|6697
ok i dont know if every one is getting it but how come i dont see those random unlocks yet its been 2 or so days since this started and happened with every one but still i dont get the random pop up what gives?
caek
Someone who can!
+4|6722
If you don't have SF, I don't believe you will get the unlocks.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6736|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
doommarine, put your glasses on, there are now 2816381673 topics on this, before you there were 2816381672 its for the new guns in the patch
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6699|Sydney, Australia
i think it is because you hgave to be at a certain rank in the first place to gt them - like you, i have not gotten any random unlocks, but that may change when i hit the 5,000 point mark, giving me an upgrade for the original, and possibly another unlock for the new patch. most of the people getting 1/2 new ones are at 1st/master sargeant levels....
Doommarine23
+0|6697

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

doommarine, put your glasses on, there are now 2816381673 topics on this, before you there were 2816381672 its for the new guns in the patch
dude i know i SAID HOW COME I HAVEN"T GOTTEN EM YET
RebelCorvette
+-1|6724
gunnery seargent and the one right below that gets em too, dunno about lower than that tho
Chaos81
+5|6729
Regular old sergeant get's them too. I wasn't expecting it, but I recieved two unlocks when I logged on yesterday.
SupRspi
+0|6700
Corporals get them, at least I did.  I belive Cpl is the cuttoff, as another newb friend of mine at L.Cpl didn't hasn't got them yet.
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6698|perv
i got 2 yesterday it just popped up without any promotion anyway i chose MG36 & SCAR-L
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6884|Bryan/College Station, TX
Source: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jsp … 398#354924

We have a small heads up announcement regarding the next couple of weeks in BF2. Things are rolling along for the patch and the booster pack, and as expected you'll likely see them later this month. The patch will come first, and be well in place in time for the first Booster. That said, we want to inform you of a small oddity you may see in-game while we get the various aspects coordinated.

Short explanation: At some point in the next couple of weeks, you will see an empty in-game window pop-up, just like you received an award. This is just GameSpy detecting now that when the patch comes out you will get another weapon unlock. You should only ever see it once or twice, depending on how high your rank and how many unlocks you’ll have coming. Once the patch is out, your weapon unlock will be available in the BFHQ tab and you can make your choice.

Long Explanation: The next patch is going to give many players another weapon unlock at their current rank. In order to get the best testing results we are having GameSpy configure up the weapon unlocks now on their end. This allows us to test them in a true environment, which is rather effective. The side effect of this is that when this is first in place you are likely to see an empty placeholder message. It will look just like you received an award and will appear once for each unlock you’ve earned. This message would be telling you that you have received another weapon unlock, but we haven't patched the weapons in yet. So you will see this placeholder message which is harmless. When the patch is in place though, the stats system will think you already got your notification in- game. So you will want to hit the BFHQ tab and unlock your free weapon.

Thank you everyone for your attention, and we hope you all enjoy the upcoming new content! Game on.

- Shawn
Producer, Battlefield Live
EA Online
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6697|Arlington, MA
umm i thought everyone got em im a master sargent and i got one but now that i think of it i signed onto my friends account (cause he saved it on my comp) and he is only sum small lance corpral and he didnt get one so idk?
Ryle
+1|6792|Seattle
I got my 2 random unlocks last night. :E
ReVmAn
+0|6713|Where politics is not needed
Got them today. Got the G36e and the M-95, they work in -game already. Played with them right after the unlock

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard