Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6398
Wouldn't people just ask for other people to breathe in the thing. Of course you won't buy the car then but knowing people?

Nevertheless if it saves lifes I'd be good.

Last edited by Komet.nl (2007-08-04 10:41:05)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Komet.nl wrote:

Wouldn't people just ask for other people to breathe in the thing. Of course you won't buy the car then but knowing people?

That's what I figured.  I think this idea is well intentioned, but it really doesn't fully prevent drunk driving.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6487|UK
yes
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

yes
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA

Turquoise wrote:

Komet.nl wrote:

That's what I figured.  I think this idea is well intentioned, but it really doesn't fully prevent drunk driving.
I believe the Nissan solution samples the air of the driver while you are driving...how it does this with the windows down I don't know.
Dersmikner
+147|6499|Texas
Hell fuckin no.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6131|North Tonawanda, NY

Turquoise wrote:

Komet.nl wrote:

Heh, yea.  It's a good idea, but people can already get by them by starting the car sober and letting it idle while they get trashed.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

I would IF-
The breathalyzer was accurate ALL THE TIME
It strictly sampled the driver's breath
The cost of installation/maintenance was cheaper short-term than insurance rebates
It would only stop the engine from turning on if the driver was over the legal limit
My results were not made public, even in the case of DUI/DWI etc.
The breathalyzer was able to differentiate between passenger/driver
The breathalyzer allowed another driver to blow into the device to start the car
The#1Spot
+105|6541|byah
give the technology about 15-20years before all new cars (US most likely last) have it and about 30-35years when its a requirement that delay alone will cost million+ lives will be lost. Cars also need built in roll cages especially convertibles. I want to know who the fuck made convertibles legal yet euro cars with 40-65mpg aren't in the US.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
How many people died because of driving while intoxicated?
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK
I can say I think I've only ever stalled my car once since I passed my driving test but what happens if you stall it do you have to breath into it again and wait! I imagine in somewhere like London people wouldnt be too happy.

Edit: but on topic I would do it if it meant cheaper insurance.

Last edited by Milk.org (2007-08-05 03:32:30)

0akleaves
+183|6614|Newcastle UK
yeah i would but what about the passengers.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Harmor wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Komet.nl wrote:

I believe the Nissan solution samples the air of the driver while you are driving...how it does this with the windows down I don't know.
I see...  That is pretty weird...  That would make it more effective.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard