officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6238|Switzerland

mcminty wrote:

Umm...

"Berry best", in my mind, is just a play on words by the safeway marketing team. It is harmless because the pies were fruit pies... they most likely had berries in them.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Fucked off Turd Dealer?!
Anyway, "Debate and Serious Talk" is for serious talk and debate. The seriousness of this thread can most easially be judged by the reactions and comments of the community as a whole, and I don't think anyone can take a reaction such as this to the play on words "Berry Best" seriously, especially since I am unaware that there is such a speech impediment that replaces Vs with Bs - possibly though some accents pronounce it this way I have no idea, but regardless I doubt any such pronunciation would be considered by anyone on earth as a disability.

Good day sir.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6399

close?

Also, spoonerisms aren't a disability.  I say them all the time.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-08-05 03:14:48)

cryptofcolumbus
+18|6224|Eugene, OR

Ty wrote:

Fucked off Turd Dealer?!
Anyway, "Debate and Serious Talk" is for serious talk and debate. The seriousness of this thread can most easially be judged by the reactions and comments of the community as a whole, and I don't think anyone can take a reaction such as this to the play on words "Berry Best" seriously, especially since I am unaware that there is such a speech impediment that replaces Vs with Bs - possibly though some accents pronounce it this way I have no idea, but regardless I doubt any such pronunciation would be considered by anyone on earth as a disability.

Good day sir.
Are you saying I can't care about something you don't have the emotional magnitude or intellectual ability to care about?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6756|The United Center

some_random_panda wrote:

Close?
Also, it's obvious this is meant as a joke.  Please don't use the D&ST forum for posts like this.  Thank you.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

I think so, yes.
(If you do want to discuss and debate the treatment of the disabled I suggest you start a thread specifically addressing that issue. However I'd refrain from mentioning this incident if I were you CoC.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6730|Sydney, Australia

cryptofcolumbus wrote:

mcminty wrote:

cryptofcolumbus wrote:

When I see a person in a wheelchair, I always approach them and say kindly, "I know you're not disabled on the inside."  ... friend of the Disabled, as I like to call myself
If I was confined to a wheel chair, I would still like to be treated as an equal. I would resent that statement, as it sounds patronising.
Are you disabled?  Are you a FotD?
No. I am fully 'abled'.

I know people who are confined to a wheelchair. For example, when I used to do archery, one of the members I occasionally shot with was an Australian Paralympian. Apart from getting his arrows out of the target (which can be hard for those who can use their legs), we treated him like on of us -none of this patronising crap. He appreciated it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Debate's over Minty, or did you just want to get the last word in?
[Blinking eyes thing]
mcminty
You closed it while I was in the "write post" screen. That being said, I'm happy to get the last word in.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
Actually I closed it.

Ty just likes taking credit for my awesomeness.
mcminty
It was actually a double mod action by the two of you...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

mcminty wrote:

It was actually a double mod action by the two of you...
Most definitely not.

I closed it first, for sure.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Cut it out you two.
TMo closed it first Minty, but point #1 is it doesn't matter, and point #2 is that I will always be just that little bit more awesome than TMo.

Ty wrote:

I will always be just that little bit more awesome than TMo.
QFT!
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard