BlackHawkOo
+2|6245
I'm happy to say that there is a solution to this recent problem.
Appearantly PunkBuster are starting to use a new process called PnkBstrA.exe or PnkBstrB.exe - http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php
And this is very unstable right now because it's pretty new and like a BETA.
Removing this process have completely eliminated the connection problems for me.
So, IF you have that process running on your computer, and you suffer from the connection problem, then download this little program: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe , and use the uninstall option in it, and reset your computer.
That's it, it should solve the problem for you now

Last edited by BlackHawkOo (2007-08-03 02:07:21)

Fateless
+36|6249|Jennifer Connellys Pants
An excellent find mate. Good one.

Fateless.
userdv8
+0|6120
i just downloaded the file and ran it but it doesnt give me the option to uninstall, will reinstalling it help?
BlackHawkOo
+2|6245

userdv8 wrote:

i just downloaded the file and ran it but it doesnt give me the option to uninstall, will reinstalling it help?
maybe you dont have the process? did you check to see if you have? I dont think reinstall will help.
userdv8
+0|6120
i dont think i have the process running but what else could this connection problem be due to, its not that i get the problem in every server but 3 out of 5 i join I will have connection problems but not ever disconnect from the game they just happen every 3 mins or so.
BlackHawkOo
+2|6245

userdv8 wrote:

i dont think i have the process running but what else could this connection problem be due to, its not that i get the problem in every server but 3 out of 5 i join I will have connection problems but not ever disconnect from the game they just happen every 3 mins or so.
Well im afraid my solution cant help you if you dont have that process running. Probably the cause for the connection problem is something else, check other threads in here.
=TDD=Comrade
+0|6114|California
Ya I still have that problem where I get kicked out of a game due to Zero Packet Flow or something like that. I don't know if its the compatibility with Punk buster and Vista or not I don't know, any help would be appreciated.

=TDD=Comrade

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard