Madison B.
+4|6121

Kmarion wrote:

I swear if we start talking about real estate/property taxes and the federal reserve I start swinging the ban hammer..lol. J/k of course. I just took an exam Thursday on them (Explains my absence the last couple weeks if anyone was wondering).
LOL  I love Economics I love exams! I love Accounting! (I HATE term papers... I can't talk about psychology or philosophy because I'm still recovering form 8 classes worth of term papers totaling over 100 pages of double spaced 12 pt. times font with .5 inch margins.

I also love chemistry... english...biology...physics..math...history...phil... pol sci...psychology...

And that's why I have 6 majors! Biochemistry; Psychology; Political Science; English; Accounting; Math. I made philosophy and math and economics my minors. Its also why I spend all day in school.. I actually decided on a break this summer! First summer off since High School...

I am such a geek. I can't wait to be a housewife at the age of 26 in 2010 and home-school my 3.5 kids...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

Madison B. wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Madison B. wrote:

Didn't "Republican" candidate Ron Paul address this on the *oh so popular* Colbert Report?

That guy seems to care about nothing.. as a matter of fact he has the most ambigious arguments.. I'd give him my vote if I wasn't scared shitless of a republican from texas in office for another 4 years.. He's too loose. (wow.. and I'm a republican..)
I'd sooner vote for Ron Paul over any other Republican.  I may disagree with some of his economic policies, but the man's consistent and isn't actually corrupt unlike 99% of politicians.
Yes but the man wants to get rid of EVERYTHING.... Federal Reserve? For crying out loud... I don't think that man took an economics class.. scratch that a HISTORY class.. Maybe he doesn't know why we have the federal reserve...
Hence... why I said that I don't necessarily agree with all of his economic policies.  The Federal Reserve is quite corrupt, but yes, the problems we faced before its formation were even worse.

Madison B. wrote:

He's consistant.. yes.. but he's consistant with empty promises.. I love it how some politicians state "I want to do this.. I want to do that.." but they don't throw in the part that they actually NEED congress to agree with them.. And seriously.. if he gets rid of the federal reserve (which won't happen thanks to the fact that everyone wants to protect their $$$ in banks.) and if he gets rid of the Estate Tax & all the other stuff.. where on earth does he think he's going to get paid from?! Sure ain't my pocket since he's gonna "lower taxes".. I'm thinking that Ron Paul has bigger fish in the sea... Like.. "get rid of the estate tax.. and INSTEAD.. we'll make a Property of the Deceased Tax" .. He seems to be saying all this just to get the popular vote... then he can spend the next 3 years doing nothing.. & dude what kind of politician pays to go on The Colbert Report to score some votes?? I really smell something going on.
Well, if you think about it...  he's perfect in one respect.  He wouldn't back down no matter what...

He'd FORCE Congress to agree with him on most issues by vetoing anything with political pork.  They'd have no choice but to keep from adding little riders to each bill that whisk away our money for ridiculous projects that have no worth to our nation as a whole (like the infamous Alaskan bridge to nowhere).

He's called "Dr. No" for a reason.  He's voted against the vast majority of bills he encounters.

At this point, we need a true small government advocate, because both parties have proven to be big government whores....

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-08-04 19:10:58)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Madison B. wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I swear if we start talking about real estate/property taxes and the federal reserve I start swinging the ban hammer..lol. J/k of course. I just took an exam Thursday on them (Explains my absence the last couple weeks if anyone was wondering).
LOL  I love Economics I love exams! I love Accounting! (I HATE term papers... I can't talk about psychology or philosophy because I'm still recovering form 8 classes worth of term papers totaling over 100 pages of double spaced 12 pt. times font with .5 inch margins.

I also love chemistry... english...biology...physics..math...history...phil... pol sci...psychology...

And that's why I have 6 majors! Biochemistry; Psychology; Political Science; English; Accounting; Math. I made philosophy and math and economics my minors. Its also why I spend all day in school.. I actually decided on a break this summer! First summer off since High School...

I am such a geek. I can't wait to be a housewife at the age of 26 in 2010 and home-school my 3.5 kids...
It was lame.. (Irrelevant) formulas we now have "magical" calculators to do for us. I was given 60 hours of reading in seven days . The Fed reserve controlling the circulation of money was kinda interesting. However, finding NOI/EGI to find maximum investment with a basic functioning calculator and applying the taxes was just boring. The toughest part was just staying conscious zzz.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Madison B.
+4|6121

Turquoise wrote:

Madison B. wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'd sooner vote for Ron Paul over any other Republican.  I may disagree with some of his economic policies, but the man's consistent and isn't actually corrupt unlike 99% of politicians.
Yes but the man wants to get rid of EVERYTHING.... Federal Reserve? For crying out loud... I don't think that man took an economics class.. scratch that a HISTORY class.. Maybe he doesn't know why we have the federal reserve...
Hence... why I said that I don't necessarily agree with all of his economic policies.  The Federal Reserve is quite corrupt, but yes, the problems we faced before its formation were even worse.

Madison B. wrote:

He's consistant.. yes.. but he's consistant with empty promises.. I love it how some politicians state "I want to do this.. I want to do that.." but they don't throw in the part that they actually NEED congress to agree with them.. And seriously.. if he gets rid of the federal reserve (which won't happen thanks to the fact that everyone wants to protect their $$$ in banks.) and if he gets rid of the Estate Tax & all the other stuff.. where on earth does he think he's going to get paid from?! Sure ain't my pocket since he's gonna "lower taxes".. I'm thinking that Ron Paul has bigger fish in the sea... Like.. "get rid of the estate tax.. and INSTEAD.. we'll make a Property of the Deceased Tax" .. He seems to be saying all this just to get the popular vote... then he can spend the next 3 years doing nothing.. & dude what kind of politician pays to go on The Colbert Report to score some votes?? I really smell something going on.
Well, if you think about it...  he's perfect in one respect.  He wouldn't back down no matter what...

He'd FORCE Congress to agree with him on most issues by vetoing anything with political pork.  They'd have no choice but to keep from adding little riders to each bill that whisk away our money for ridiculous projects that have no worth to our nation as a whole (like the infamous Alaskan bridge to nowhere).

He's called "Dr. No" for a reason.  He's voted against the vast majority of bills he encounters.

At this point, we need a true small government advocate, because both parties have proven to be big government whores....
But then you would have to ask yourself... Why does he label himself a Republican?  Republicans are pro most of the stuff hes against...

Is it a cheap shot for vote? If in fact it is than he would have been better off calling himself a Democrate since republicans (most at least) won't vote for him due to his stand on certain economical issues.

But It looks like he is trying to get votes by all of which he's doing (tv time w/colbert.. repub) I guess by calling himself a Republican he's gaining more attention.. Everyone wants to hear why a texan republican is on the ballot lol... I was suprised believe it or not.. Now its clear that he's doing it to get the attention of voters. I can't blame him. I actually give him props for it. Slick and Smart.

But i still don't think he has such a big chance against Clinton/Guiliani/other big names...

UNLESS..... we rally for him.... he'll get even more popular and if more people hear his argument he might get more votes..

But right now i'm more worried about our economical stability & i'd rather be safe with the likes of Clinton (because her husband took us out of debt.. then again how can you trust a women with no self respect? stayed with her husband AFTER he had a relationship with another women? makes me think.. did she do it for the sake of the Clinton name?... (gosh whats up with my paranoia today?) But guilianie was good with clearing crime from NYC & took us out of a budget deficit... so.... maybe he's the one?

Oh I don't care anymore! lol It's all making me paranoid. If I don't vote I can't complain...lol
Madison B.
+4|6121

Kmarion wrote:

It was lame.. (Irrelevant) formulas we now have "magical" calculators to do for us. I was given 60 hours of reading in seven days . The Fed reserve controlling the circulation of money was kinda interesting. However, finding NOI/EGI to find maximum investment with a basic functioning calculator and applying the taxes was just boring. The toughest part was just staying conscious zzz.
LOL at least you were allowed a basic functioning calculator.. At my university you aren't allowed to use ANY sort of calculator on ANY exam (including calculas) unless it was for any math higher than linear alg

Once I tried to sneak in a scientific calculator for an exam... Ended up being too chicken to take it out and use it when the prof & his proctors weren't lookin. Sick I tell ya
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

Madison B. wrote:

But then you would have to ask yourself... Why does he label himself a Republican?  Republicans are pro most of the stuff hes against...
Because the Republicans aren't really true conservatives or for small government anymore.

Conservatism in America more closely resembled Libertarianism before the Religious Right got ahold of it and fucked it all up.  After that, the warmongering of the Left spilled into it and produced the dysfunctional neoconservativism we have today.

Meanwhile, the Left learned some hard lessons about interventionism and became less interventionist for a short while before going right back to it....

We need isolationist liberalism in America at this point, but neither party really represents this.  Both parties can't resist the lure of military adventurism.

Madison B. wrote:

Is it a cheap shot for vote? If in fact it is than he would have been better off calling himself a Democrate since republicans (most at least) won't vote for him due to his stand on certain economical issues.
The support Ron gets is mostly composed of conservatives that truly stand for smaller government and liberals who desperately want an isolationist candidate.  I fall into the latter category, but I'd be just as happy with Nader (if not more so).

Madison B. wrote:

But It looks like he is trying to get votes by all of which he's doing (tv time w/colbert.. repub) I guess by calling himself a Republican he's gaining more attention.. Everyone wants to hear why a texan republican is on the ballot lol... I was suprised believe it or not.. Now its clear that he's doing it to get the attention of voters. I can't blame him. I actually give him props for it. Slick and Smart.
Just keep this in mind.  Paul is not new to this.  He first ran for president in 1988 as a Libertarian.  He's played this game before, and like other second tier candidates, he's not really playing to win.  Neither is Nader.

Longshot candidates are there to galvanize support for issues and positions that the major candidates aren't supporting.  They force the big guys to address said issues, and every once in a while, it manages to change one of the big players in a direction that resembles the position that the longshot guy mentions.

This is why I like people like Ron Paul.  If he gets enough attention, he'll force the big players among the Republicans to move more towards smaller government.  People will start to ask the right questions, and they'll have little choice but to change (or at least pretend to).

Madison B. wrote:

But right now i'm more worried about our economical stability & i'd rather be safe with the likes of Clinton (because her husband took us out of debt.. then again how can you trust a women with no self respect? stayed with her husband AFTER he had a relationship with another women? makes me think.. did she do it for the sake of the Clinton name?... (gosh whats up with my paranoia today?) But guilianie was good with clearing crime from NYC & took us out of a budget deficit... so.... maybe he's the one?

Oh I don't care anymore! lol It's all making me paranoid. If I don't vote I can't complain...lol
*shrugs* I like Bill Clinton for the most part, but his wife is kind of crazy.  I'd rather Obama or Edwards gets in there.  Edwards is really the best electable candidate the Democrats have, but I think he'll play second fiddle to either Clinton or Obama by the end of all this....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Madison B. wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

LOL at least you were allowed a basic functioning calculator..
Whoopee...lol We were given a piece of scratch paper. The math wasn't the problem. Writing it out under the time constraint might have been. It's ok I'm a solid B student..lol. Good enough for work and maintaining a life. Ninety percent of that crap isn't worth the paper it is written on IRL (In terms of practicality).

I'll stop derailing now... Sorry serge... I drifted.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jonsimon
+224|6505
Iran starting to sell oil in Euros, just like Iraq switched, and Pakistan isn't.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard