sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina
I mean Pakistan has real nukes and tbh Musharraf doesn't seem in control of the country.  I don't say Obama is right, but why is everyone so obsessed with invading Iran and a few people care about Pakistan.  I think Pakistan is the worst threat in the Middle East.  If Musharraf is removed the Taliban will have the nukes.  That is pretty dangerous if you ask me.
PureFodder
+225|6320
FOX 'news' told them to.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6655|London, England
Agreed. Basically speaking, I'm more worried about AQ getting control in Pakistan than Iran getting nukes. I can't see Iran supplying AQ with nukes, and i definatley can't see Iran going "public" and just firing a nuke at Israel (cmon, not even India and Pakistan fired nukes at each other, no government the world is that stupid, terrorists are because they don't have a state or anything) especially since Israel has nukes too (and so do pretty much all its allies) so no proper government or state would nuke them. No matter what shit they say.

Musharaff will eventually fall to extremists unless he does some brutal shit. And you just have to hope that he himself either destroys all nukes at the last moment (doubt it) or that the US/India bomb all stations as soon as it happens before they get their hands on them.

I don't know, the country is messed up. Way more than Iran will ever be. Infact, even Iran wouldn't want AQ having nukes. Nobody would.

Unfortunately, the US sucks at choosing most of its allies. And Pakistan is on "our" side.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-08-04 05:25:19)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6616|SE London

I find the whole idea of Pakistan suddenly falling to extremists a bit far fetched. It's not likely to happen anytime soon. You're more likely to see someone like Benazir Bhutto get voted back in than to see any sort of extremist Islamic government there.

There is no doubt there is an extremist element in Pakistan, but they are in a minority and certainly not in a position to win any elections.

Certainly Pakistan is somewhere to keep a close eye on, but I don't think there is any realistic concern about Pakistani nukes falling into the hands of terrorists anytime soon - but the potential is there.
BVC
+325|6730
More importantly, despite the last world cup result I think we should live in fear of Pakistan's fast bowlers!  Those guys can get up to 160km/H with EASE!!!  If that can't cause mass destruction I don't know what can!!!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6257|Escea

Pakistan is the Middle East? I thought it was classed as Asia.
Fen321
+54|6532|Singularity

sergeriver wrote:

I mean Pakistan has real nukes and tbh Musharraf doesn't seem in control of the country.  I don't say Obama is right, but why is everyone so obsessed with invading Iran and a few people care about Pakistan.  I think Pakistan is the worst threat in the Middle East.  If Musharraf is removed the Taliban will have the nukes.  That is pretty dangerous if you ask me.
As others have already mentioned Iran has been smeared via propaganda for the last couple of years. So its of no surprise that we see them as the "enemy." While Pakistan would seem like a "logical" target -- one must quickly make note that we have been aiding them for a very very long time. So this begs the question of who really is the terrorist? Iran whom we call the terrorist nation or Pakistan whom we support -- especially now when we have at least one Presidential candidate advocating military incursions unilaterally again as if it were some kind of fucking benign move on his part.

Think about it -- look at how you describe the country. "Worst threat in the Middle East" WTF does that even mean!?!?

P.S.

Don't take this as a personal attack I'm simply addressing the statement
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6439|North Carolina

sergeriver wrote:

Agreed...  I would say that Obama is right, but I'm sure that, since he's a Democrat, some Bush-supporters would still say he's wrong even if he said the same things as Bush.

The point is, Pakistan is likely to become the greatest threat to the world if Musharraf falls.  We should be focusing our troops on Afghanistan right now instead of Iraq.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6563|Global Command
Because they are loud and inyerface.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

M.O.A.B wrote:

It can be classed as Asia and Middle East.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6616|SE London

M.O.A.B wrote:

The Middle East is part of Asia.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6514|Sheffield-England
iran's easier to say
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

Fen321 wrote:

Think about it -- look at how you describe the country. "Worst threat in the Middle East" WTF does that even mean!?!?
So?  What part don't you understand anyway?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-08-04 13:18:13)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

sergeriver wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

It can be classed as Asia and Middle East.
Not really. 

To be honest, Pakistan isn't as much of a threat as people think.  They are far too modern to allow extremists to overtake the government.  I've argued this before... http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1571251

Iran seems to bitch and moan a lot through state-sponsored channels, whereas the danger in regards to Pakistan is small pockets of extremist elements.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-08-04 13:23:45)

Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6798
Because the people in power don't want to see Iran gain significant control of a large portion of the Middle East and the oil supply there.  Truthfully there are a lot of dangerous countries out there and I view them all as a potential threat; and friend.  Everything in this world is subject to change from one century to the next, heck even one decade to the next.
Madison B.
+4|6145

sergeriver wrote:

Pakistan is as far from a threat as Bush is from pretzels.

For starters its predominantly Sunni; the President wouldn't do ANYTHING whatsoever do undermine his power and ties (even as much as threaten an attack anywhere). The people of Pakistan aren't as.... I can't find a nice word to use without insulting... but we don't have to worry about national Pakistanis.

Iran on the other hand is showing drastic signs of improvement in many areas of the sciences. They have the capabilities and enough secrecy to build.. plot.. attack. Here's the big whiff: Iran is predominantly Shia/Shi'ite. If they were to attack, not only will they attack the west, they'll also attack Sunni states (holy or unholy) such as Saudi Arabia & all the middle east. Another thing with them is that they are being slick with the way they maneuver and gain power elsewhere... Iraq death squads ring a bell? The armament of Shi'ites in Iraq ring a bell?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

Madison B. wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

For starters its predominantly Sunni; the President wouldn't do ANYTHING whatsoever do undermine his power and ties (even as much as threaten an attack anywhere). The people of Pakistan aren't as.... I can't find a nice word to use without insulting... but we don't have to worry about national Pakistanis.

Iran on the other hand is showing drastic signs of improvement in many areas of the sciences. They have the capabilities and enough secrecy to build.. plot.. attack. Here's the big whiff: Iran is predominantly Shia/Shi'ite. If they were to attack, not only will they attack the west, they'll also attack Sunni states (holy or unholy) such as Saudi Arabia & all the middle east. Another thing with them is that they are being slick with the way they maneuver and gain power elsewhere... Iraq death squads ring a bell? The armament of Shi'ites in Iraq ring a bell?
Have you heard of the Taliban?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

Jews
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

Jews
Do you really receive karma for posting these nonsenses?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Jews
Yes...but only from one person.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Jews
Your other account?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Your other account?
I don't have another account.  Mine get banned unlike some people on here.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Your other account?
I don't have another account.  Mine get banned unlike some people on here.
Did you get banned?  I didn't know that.  What did you do?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

sergeriver wrote:

Did you get banned?  I didn't know that.  What did you do?
I have been banned a few times.  I meant my other accounts get perma banned, unlike some people.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-08-04 16:57:35)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6439|North Carolina

Madison B. wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I really don't worry about the Shia as much as I worry about the Sunni extremists.  Most Sunnis are normal people, but their extremists are worse than the Shia ones.

For example, Al Quida is made up of Sunni extremists.  As you said, most of Pakistan is Sunni, and in certain areas of Pakistan, Al Quida and the Taliban have a lot of support.  If Musharraf proves unable to handle them, we have no choice but to intervene.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard