Poll

Do you listen to music when you play BF2?

Yes.30%30% - 59
No.62%62% - 120
I can only kill to Satanic Metal!!!!6%6% - 12
Total: 191
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6537|Adelaide, South Australia

Only when Tanking and Chopper flying.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6709|Devon, England
Sometimes...

If I do, and am in the true mood for playing, I will have it on, but low. Sometimes I just think "Fuck BF2 sounds, time for some music" and then drown out BF2 with music...

I just put Media Player on random
spuddy1981
+10|6380|england
I think servers should be playing music for every1 playing on it.  It would set every one into the same mood.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6160
Never.  I like to hear everything and music gets in the way of that.  I'm just glad BF2 doesn't let you change your name because then we'd have to put up with all those people with dumb names like blahblah.mp3 -- it's a pre-emptive excuse for dying.  Oh I was listening to music.  Look at the ".mp3" on the end of my name etc.

The only time I would consider listening to music is when in a jet, but I'm not a big enough jet whore to do so
The_Jester
+52|6509|Italy

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Never.  I like to hear everything and music gets in the way of that. )
What he said.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.
When i'm pubbing yeah. If its srs time then nah.

Bf2 isn't a sound intensive game like some.
Longbow
+163|6664|Odessa, Ukraine
Never . I hate not to hear enemy steps behind me . Getting knifed ftl .

Last edited by Longbow (2007-08-04 02:29:52)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6664

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Because lock on sounds aren't important.
Bia_Bf
+1|6151|London, England
Nope, I either end up listening to the music or only concentrating on BF2 so pretty pointless for me.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

I have a radio channel on in the background. IF there comes any good sonng, I just move my headphones a little off to hear it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6370|uk

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Because lock on sounds aren't important.
Yup, and because the red lock on indicator isnt obvious enough

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-08-04 07:03:48)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6755|Oxferd Ohire
i have never listened to music while playing, thought about it but never actually did.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
cablecopulate
+449|6756|Massachusetts.
I listen to instrumentals when I play sometimes. I'd rather have a good beat to play to than listen to someone singing. I keep it low so it's just a background noise.
Anewgirl
+12|6171|Vermont U.S.A
I have a XFI card , and the game sounds great !  Plus with eax you hear foot steps coming from all directions in the headphones .
Then I would be miss out on jacking sneaky fools .

Last edited by Anewgirl (2007-08-04 07:46:22)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6430|Belgium

Anewgirl wrote:

I have a XFI card , and the game sounds great !  Plus with eax you hear foot steps coming from all directions in the headphones .
Then I would be miss out on jacking sneaky fools .
Lol, with my crappy soundcard I can hear footsteps but I can never determine the direction.
Ey3
+5|6168
Johnny Cash ftw..!!!!!!!!!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

Anthrax's "Caught in a Mosh" would fit in perfectly during those heated Karkand meatgrinder battles.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6183
yes
NaytdawgUK
+7|6216|essex, UK
I dont listen to music when playing bf2, ET i do, dont really need to listen for footsteps as much

and when it is itson random, thru my 40 something gigs of mp3, from bethoven to the cheeky girls, abba to slayer, and a loada soundtracks and comedy too
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6331|Netherlands
No , if I would my PC would crash even more
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6166|San Antonio, Texas
Practically all the time. I prefer 80s music, but I also have themes (Ghostbusters, PotC, HP, Indy, Psych) and other music. Had to remake my playlist because it wasn't exactly war-zone material.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6207|Canada

I don't listen to music while playing online, I listen to the sounds around me and It's easier to talk and listen while on teamspeak.
williedyna
+7|6663
Just the sweet song of my AK 

SERVING UP TURKEYS LIKE IT"S THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

;p
KnifeyBoy
+5|6134
Always usually Metal and Hard Rock

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard