mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6717|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Psycho wrote:

Found this just now, pretty amusing: Politically Correct Little Red Riding Hood
What... The... FUCK?!?

Seriously, what the hell is this world coming to?
This is what happens when the Fluffy Reality Patrol (read: fucking retards who think that if we simply don't acknowledge that violence/differences between people/etc. exists in the world and we destroy any record or suggestion of it, it will just go away) rolls into town.

Last edited by mcgid1 (2007-08-03 22:40:49)

TuataraDude
+115|6523|Aotearoa
How did the wolf open the closet door without an opposable thumb? That's what I wanna know?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

jsnipy wrote:

... and when the wolf got to grandma's house "grandma fainted" and "the wolf put grandma in a closet".

I distinctly recall when I was a kid that the wolf ate grandma and later the wood cutter cut the wolf's belly open to free grandma.
Actually that was on one of those random twisted fairy tale movies. The whole aftermath was being investigated by a giant frog.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704
I'm pretty sure the original meaning of that fairy tale was referring to sexual predators, so it's definitely been 'prettied' up over time.
SmkenRez
+10|6365|The other side of world

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Psycho wrote:

What... The... FUCK?!?

NO SHIT
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

golgoj4 wrote:

David.P wrote:

Damn Liberals... What who else would it be?
Oh i dont know, stupid people like the ones who blame 'liberals' for everything? There's a start...
Why would we change littel red riding hood? Oh yeah lib's do deserve the blame they have been slowly eroding our my right to carry a weapon and defend myself against some asshole protected by them and their train of thought. Like say a meth addict who they tell it's ok to be what he is because of blah blah blah i dont give a shit! He's high in Meth he tries to rob me i shoot him point blank he's still alive and now you're letting him sue me for attempted murder? Seriously wtf?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
What? no murder death kill?
Zodiaccup
+42|6547
Whoever is responsible for this, the Grimm's will turn over in their graves.
jonsimon
+224|6496
This thread is so incredibly stupid. The maker of the book in the OP wrote it that way so as not to offend PARENTS. They are afraid of offending parents, who purchase the books and have had a past record of irrational individuals liberally applying the civil court system to solve problems. They do not write the books that way for the children. Besides, what is wrong with that? Is it destroying your oh so precious American tradition? Are the terrorists going to win? Are you children going to grow up to spineless simply because something in a fairy tale was less violent? Do you show your kids disney movies? Because those are about as dumbed down as you can get.

Oh, and that "politically correct little red riding hood" was not politically correct, it was a joke. Anyone who took it seriously is a dumbass.

Zodiaccup wrote:

Whoever is responsible for this, the Grimm's will turn over in their graves.
Like they hadn't been spinning already? Their stories have already been watered down for generations, THIS IS NOTHING NEW!

Last edited by jonsimon (2007-08-04 08:04:23)

jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

jonsimon wrote:

This thread is so incredibly stupid. The maker of the book in the OP wrote it that way so as not to offend PARENTS.
Well, as I am a parent and it is not the same version I grew up with, how would changing the story spare me from offense?

Spare us from any further stupidity and tell us exactly how we should think.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-08-04 08:40:27)

jonsimon
+224|6496

jsnipy wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

This thread is so incredibly stupid. The maker of the book in the OP wrote it that way so as not to offend PARENTS.
Well, as I am a parent and it is not the same version I grew up with, how would changing the story spare me from offense?

Spare us from any further stupidity and tell us exactly how we should think.
You're not the intended audience. But you know full well there are parents out there that are sheltered enough, paranoid enough, and concerned enough to try and shelter their children from the most minute offenses. You are not the motivation for the change, parents that are overcautious are.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

jsnipy wrote:

... and when the wolf got to grandma's house "grandma fainted" and "the wolf put grandma in a closet".

I distinctly recall when I was a kid that the wolf ate grandma and later the wood cutter cut the wolf's belly open to free grandma.
The original Brothers Grimm tales were very disturbing.  They were sanitized by groups like Disney for mass consumption by conservative families.

Granted, I suppose this isn't such a bad thing....
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
ITS TO violent for kids LOl
oChaos.Haze
+90|6439

David.P wrote:

You kidding me?  Liberals are against censorship brosef.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

CommieChipmunk wrote:

David.P wrote:

Erhm.. conservative Christians would have been a more logical answer...
Nah, liberals is the most logical.  I've never heard of conservative Christians trying to change standard fairy tales, only PC nutters.  The PC crowd would would want lil' red to have two daddies and grandma as a tranny for the sake of "diversity" and hand the book out in kindergarten.

oChaos.Haze wrote:

David.P wrote:

You kidding me?  Liberals are against censorship brosef. **as long as you agree with them**
Fixt.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Can't we go one topic without shitting on Liberals or Conservatives.

Can't we all just agree that the people that changed this story are a bunch of twats whose child will grow up in a bubble, only to end up being;

One of the guys in a double penetration video
The girl in a double penetration video
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6131|North Tonawanda, NY

jsnipy wrote:

Hogwash!  This paranoid sheltering the children bullshit needs to end.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Mekstizzle wrote:

Can't we go one topic without shitting on Liberals or Conservatives.

Can't we all just agree that the people that changed this story are a bunch of twats.
QFE.

(the rest of his post, I'm not so sure about)
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway

SmkenRez wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Psycho wrote:

What... The... FUCK?!?

NO SHIT
You do realize that is sarcasm, right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard