B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

1995 Nissan Almera 1.6 SLX. Perfect geek ride...

funny to see that there are some americans and aussies/NZL that drive german cars...
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6808|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Volvo XC90 2.5T

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-09-22 05:24:05)

maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6807|Sunnyvale, CA
of course we all drive german engineered cars, they are all so cutting edge.

hmm, what i wouldn't give for a M3...

drooling, right now, by the way.

'05 Toyota Corolla - It gets the job done, and isn't a pain in the ass for gas.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6784
Gonna get a '87 VL Commodore when im of age.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6763
I ride the subway... The only thing I "drive" is the other passengers crazy with my loud iPod and constant gameboy fixation!

https://bf2s.com/player/44473411/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44473411/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44473411/awards.jpg
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
Subway...cool.  There's always a dramatic subway scene with movies these days.  Ever get scared down there?  I rode on the BART once out in Cali.  Sort of an above ground subway. 
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6814|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
1985 325 e by BMW
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Saturn SC2, baby, aaaalll riiiight.
https://www.ericharris.com/albums/saturn_sc2/saturn_right.sized.jpg

Actually, it's a really nice car -- and with only 80k miles on it (8 years old!) it's got a long time left on it.

However, most the time I take the 'subway' here in SF. (Muni)
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Scotlandsfinest wrote:

What is it with US people and big cars.....they would be really shocked when they come over to britain and see the biggest car we drive is a Range Rover eh ssj4gogeta??

LOL  Loving the cars though!!
HA, thats a laugh! Sure, there are a lot more compacts in the UK, but I was there 3 months ago and I saw plenty of big SUV's and vans.

Anyway, this sucks! I'm from the south too and I'm the only one who doesn't have a big truck jacked up real high. All my firends drive huge Ford F-350's and Chevy Silverados and big ass Dodge Rams. I drive an '04 Nissan Sentra 1.8S, but I drive my dad's '05 4Runner V8 Sport whever I get the chance.
B.Schuss

what is it about SUV's and trucks that Americans like so much ? is it the size ?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
hey i'm not hiding anything... take a look at what i drive. anyway, it's not the size as much as it's the towing capacity and how much that bad boy can haul.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6763|South Cybertown, Texas
Here's a pic of my toy! I don't drive it every day but it's all mine!

https://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2020/maxs928withmodel001a4zn.jpg

Yes the babe is Chopped in!
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

B.Schuss wrote:

what is it about SUV's and trucks that Americans like so much ? is it the size ?
Size Does Matter..
B.Schuss

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

Here's a pic of my toy! I don't drive it every day but it's all mine!

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2020 … 01a4zn.jpg

Yes the babe is Chopped in!
looks like an old porsche 924, 928 or 944

why did you put the girl in there though ?
-=S8M=-Phoenix
B.Schuss, 1989 928 S4, 50k on the clock, 5.0L, 32 valve, quad OHC, 320TQ / 320HP to the ground. This pic is an old one I already had downsized and hosted online from a Photoshop/Car contest. I guess I could have chopped in an kittin or a dog, but most guys like to see girls next to cars!

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2005-09-22 09:53:05)

B.Schuss

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

B.Schuss, 1989 928 S4, 50k on the clock, 5.0L, 32 valve, quad OHC, 320TQ / 320HP to the ground. This pic is an old one I already had downsized and hosted online from a Photoshop/Car contest. I guess I could have chopped in an kittin or a dog, but most guys like to see girls next to cars!
well, if it has only 50K on the clock, it sure has not been driven a lot. good condition, I suppose ?
-=S8M=-Phoenix
If your into stats, 50k on a 16 year old car comes out to 3,125 miles a year. So no it's not been driven much and is in great condition. It has spent it's non-driven days in a showroom (Previous Owner/Porsche Dealer ) or my garage.

However, when it is driven, it's driven as it was designed to be driven!
EMStorm
+2|6791|Rotterdam, Netherlands
I drive something like this only in silvermetallic

https://www.autoextrem.de/galerie/data/521/4176ax_02-med.jpg

Last edited by EMStorm (2005-09-22 11:13:48)

SmokeWithGrandma
+0|6765|New York
2001 hyundai tiburon...good stuff
fishrule
+0|6775
2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Gotta love it.
thinner44
+1|6780
I drive a little French number, and when I say little, I mean little. 1.4 Clio.... But I feel the same as 'ScotlandsFinest'. The fuel prices in the UK are nothing short of a rip off, I know it's global and I know there's real big demand, but I've 'downsized' from a 2.0L sports i. I don't think I want to downsize to a kart with pram wheels.

As for the rest... I love them big cars, makes you feel kinda secure.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6763

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Subway...cool.  There's always a dramatic subway scene with movies these days.  Ever get scared down there?  I rode on the BART once out in Cali.  Sort of an above ground subway. 
LOL, every day on the subway is drama.  Yesterday a guy pissed himself.  Twodays ago a man took it upon himself to do all the station announcements with a humorous tone.  About a month ago I saw an empty car as the train pulled up and I got all excited to finally get a seat only to find that no one was in it because some homeless person took a dump in it and smeared it all over the inside of the train car.  This morning I saw a fist fight between two women.  I could go on and on as I'm born and raised here in NYC but perhaps that's best left for another forum.  And yeah, it's always drama underground. 

P.S. I've also ridden (and loved the BART) as well as the london and paris tubes and the Washington D.C. subway- all nicer then what we've got here but certainly not as entertaining.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

MatRx9 wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

LOL, every day on the subway is drama.  Yesterday a guy pissed himself.  Twodays ago a man took it upon himself to do all the station announcements with a humorous tone.  About a month ago I saw an empty car as the train pulled up and I got all excited to finally get a seat only to find that no one was in it because some homeless person took a dump in it and smeared it all over the inside of the train car.  This morning I saw a fist fight between two women.  I could go on and on as I'm born and raised here in NYC but perhaps that's best left for another forum.  And yeah, it's always drama underground. 

P.S. I've also ridden (and loved the BART) as well as the london and paris tubes and the Washington D.C. subway- all nicer then what we've got here but certainly not as entertaining.
i was in NYC last X'mas and my 8 year old asked me what were those black spots all over the MTA platforms.. i grew up with chewing gum, so i knew what they were..she didnt, so she couldnt recognise gum stains (where i live, sale of gum is prohibited because it messes up the clean and spanking subway trains).

riding on the MTA as a tourist is fun, especially after finding out
a) entry and exits are sometimes on opposite sides of the road
b) some trains do not stop at certain stations (tried getting to Astor from Warner Centre..it was an experience)
c) you stand in front of the ticketing machine and all you have is a $50bill and no one has any change..not the station master, not the shops..
d) you can never find the subway entry points on Times Square, and you walk for miles and realising that you got onto the A line and not the C line
e) counting above ground stops in Queens became an exercise in futility as the landscape starts to look the same (missed the stop for MOMA Queens..guide book says you cant miss it..huge ex-Staples warehouse..right..)

you must have rode on the automated subway line in Paris..that is possibly the cleanest of the lines, and i can never understand why opening of doors are in the hands of the commuters..

damn tourists
Miakei
+1|6793|Los Angeles, CA
Mike, you're in Singapore?
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

Miakei wrote:

Mike, you're in Singapore?
Yes, Sir! and it is 1 Freaking am and I still cant get my sniper badge..but i have been a medic whore..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard