GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

What about Abdul Rahman?
what about him?  Im unfamiliar.
The CIA armed him. He blew up the WTC in '93 and is a senior member of Al-Qaeda. Him and Bin Laden have worked together a lot.

Currently safely under lock and key in the US.
hes got 5 million dollar reward on his head by the FBI.  I dont think hes under US control yet.
IRONCHEF
+385|6489|Northern California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

conjecture and heresay.  what history tells us is that the CIA gave a few hundred stinger missle to the mujahedeen in afghanistan fighting the soviets.  Hostory also says that the CIA never made a direct contact with Osama Bin Laden.  Bin Laden was a small time player at the time compared to the rest of the mujahedeen.   ALso, turns out, those stingers we supplied them with were not that effective, or at least as effective we hoped they would be or made out them to be.  The fact that existed was pretty much all they accomplish, made the soviet pilots nervous.  Bin Laden never had direct contact with the CIA,  the taliban, yes.  Bin Laden, no.  Bin Laden had a connection with Iranian intelligence at the time.  Iranians hated godless soviets more than they hated the United States. 

ofcourse I dont have resources to prove what Im saying.  You could belive me or not.  I dont normally type shit I dont personally believe myself but I have my sources for this info and it was believable at the time.
What about Abdul Rahman?
come on expert, git it right.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

ofcourse I dont have resources to prove what Im saying.  You could belive me or not.  I dont normally type shit I dont personally believe myself but I have my sources for this info and it was believable at the time.
Neither do I.
You could also believe me or not.
Neither do I.
And so do I.
And so was it.
I guess we're at an impasse.  on other news- my daughter was born last week.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine2005 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Of course you (america) did.

You armed, trained and supplied Bin Laden to get rid of the Soviets.
I am so sick of you Euros thinking your shit does not stink.
We're not the ones that think our shit doesn't stink.

We're happy to admit our shit stinks.

And you know what, yours does too.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Oh bullshit.  Never ever have I seen this stuff below mentioned on this forum.  Only US stuff and you know it.

----------------
Did you know that in 1986, Margaret Thatcher welcomes Abdul Haq, an Afghan rebel leader who admitted that he had ordered the planting of a bomb at Kabul airport in 1984 which killed at least 28 people?

Did you know that same year MI6 begins supplying Afghan mojahidin groups with ‘Blowpipe’ shoulder-launched missiles, some of which are used to shoot down passenger airliners?

Also that same year Mujaheddin leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar is invited to London. Margaret Thatcher hails him as a "freedom fighter". He is known to have trafficked in opium and thrown acid in the face of women who refused to wear the veil.

In Pakistan, mujaheddin training camps are run by the CIA and MI6, with the British SAS training future al-Qa'ida and Taliban fighters in bomb making and other black arts. This continues long after the Soviet army withdraws in 1989.

---------------
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

*glares*

My shit does not stink thank you!

It's like a video game though.  Whenever I'm owning noobs in an RTS game, I'll lay off for a while and let them build up so it's more of a challenge.  It's more fun that way.

...though I guess there would be quite the ethics dilemma behind that, considering that we're toying with human lives... but as long as the rich and powerful are having fun it's all good right?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
In both cases you did.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-08-01 16:18:40)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

lol marine.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

The CIA armed him. He blew up the WTC in '93 and is a senior member of Al-Qaeda. Him and Bin Laden have worked together a lot.

Currently safely under lock and key in the US.
hes got 5 million dollar reward on his head by the FBI.  I dont think hes under US control yet.
So he's not in jail in Colorado?

They must've been very careless.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-08-01 16:20:19)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
were talking about the same dude?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/teryasin.htm
JG1567JG
+110|6586|United States of America

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

no. says who?
Says history. It went via Pakistan, but, ultimately, Bin Laden was armed by the US.
conjecture and heresay.  what history tells us is that the CIA gave a few hundred stinger missle to the mujahedeen in afghanistan fighting the soviets.  Hostory also says that the CIA never made a direct contact with Osama Bin Laden.  Bin Laden was a small time player at the time compared to the rest of the mujahedeen.   ALso, turns out, those stingers we supplied them with were not that effective, or at least as effective we hoped they would be or made out them to be.  The fact that existed was pretty much all they accomplish, made the soviet pilots nervous.  Bin Laden never had direct contact with the CIA,  the taliban, yes.  Bin Laden, no.  Bin Laden had a connection with Iranian intelligence at the time.  Iranians hated godless soviets more than they hated the United States. 

I watched an episode on the History Channel that said the same thing about Osama.  He was a small time player at the time the Soviets were in Afghanistan.  This is when Osama first came on the scene.  They portrayed the stinger missles as being quite effective against the Soviet helicopter pilots.  The first one or two that were tried ended up being duds and the CIA agents thought the afghan fighters were going to kill them but they were able to convince them to give them another try and they worked with great success.  This is what I remember from the episode on the History Channel.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

The guy I'm talking about, Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman, got locked up in '95.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

I'm sure everyone's going to tell me that this is propaganda, bias, a myth and completely untrue, but here it is anyway:

http://www.plp.org/misc/oblncia.html
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine2005 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Oh bullshit.  Never ever have I seen this stuff mentioned on this forum.  Only US stuff and you know it.
We're not saying that none of that happened.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

the blind dude, thats right.  I saw the movie.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Dauntless wrote:

I'm sure everyone's going to tell me that this is propaganda, bias, a myth and completely untrue, but here it is anyway:

http://www.plp.org/misc/oblncia.html
coming from this website

http://www.plp.org/

I cant be bothered to read it man, sorry.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Oh bullshit.  Never ever have I seen this stuff mentioned on this forum.  Only US stuff and you know it.
Ya but it is never mentioned is it?

Look thru some older threads about Afghanistan, all you see from UK people is "we are cleaning up your mess."  Well, it appears to be your mess also.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Exactly, I love how the response is, "well you did bad stuff too"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Dauntless wrote:

No, that is not the response.  You specifically said the US supplied bin laden....... without mentioning your own country.  That is what I called out.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Dauntless wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

nobody is clean.  but people like to make it seem that the United States is responsible for all the puppies in the world getting hit by cars.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-08-01 16:29:07)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

usmarine2005 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

No, that is not the response.  You specifically said the US supplied bin laden....... without mentioning your own country.  That is what I called out.
The OP's question was did "we" (meaning america) arm the bad guys.

The answer was yes.

Europe wasn't mentioned in the question, so why should I mention it in the answer?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

the blind dude, thats right.  I saw the movie.
Yup, the blind Sheikh.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

nobody is clean.  but people like to make it seem that the United States is responsible for all the puppies in the world getting hit by cars.
You trying to claim they're not?

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-08-01 16:33:57)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Dauntless wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

The OP's question was did "we" (meaning america) arm the bad guys.

The answer was yes.

Europe wasn't mentioned in the question, so why should I mention it in the answer?
Perspective
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine2005 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ya but it is never mentioned is it?

Look thru some older threads about Afghanistan, all you see from UK people is "we are cleaning up your mess."  Well, it appears to be your mess also.
Maybe the reason is that when it is mentioned, we say "Yep, we screwed up too" and that's the end of it. But mention any time that the US screwed up and half the Americans on the forums get all "No! Not True! We never screw up! God Bless America!".
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6576|Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Neither do I.
You could also believe me or not.
Neither do I.
And so do I.
And so was it.
I guess we're at an impasse.  on other news- my daughter was born last week.
Congrats my friend, hope she is doing well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard