Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
https://www.hardspell.com/pic/2007/8/1/d1de06aa-59e1-45ed-b9d1-a982af1aafde4501200.jpg

I feel so offended
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

lol, i don't see any asians
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6119|Scotland
Too true.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

OmniDeath wrote:

lol, i don't see any asians
My friend's black so it makes me black
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6119|Scotland
Never seen an Asian guy trying to be black. Weird.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6449|Sheffield-England

Bruce-SuperNub wrote:

This count?

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/354511278_9c9ca13d04.jpg
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6098|817---->907
Marbury is teh g4y
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6623|pimelteror.de
lol

this commercial fails. even when it is not intended - some will really have racist associations and thats not what advertising is about.
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6119|Scotland

stkhoplite wrote:

Bruce-SuperNub wrote:

This count?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/3545 … a13d04.jpg
Hax, thats against the law of nature.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
Sorry, but just how is that Ad racist?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
Hahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh my god rofl.
thats awesome.

+1
15 more years! 15 more years!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Maximizing power from your employees. Sounds like teh slaveries!
Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Maximizing power from your employees. Sounds like teh slaveries!
Only if you're already a racist.
Balok77
+28|6118
I dunno there is a white man in the centre and they all seem to be bowing down to him.....
Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

Balok77 wrote:

I dunno there is a white man in the centre and they all seem to be bowing down to him.....
Or there's some nerdy looking geek in the center... Surrounded by powerfull athletes, in the blocks, ready to wipe the floor with his ass...

It's all about interpretation... if you're racist, you'll see racist connotations... if not, you won't...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah, this is played out.  You should quote a source instead of playing it like you thought of it when you didn't.
Scardaddy
+37|6362|UK
Wow I don't really know what to say here.  It's all about associations, and what you associate to mean what.  I see it and I think it is raciest, and I think that the raciest content is almost unavoidable.  I guess I can't call you a raciest for not seeing it, just ignorant.  Then again advertisement is also about the audience you a advertising to.  For most major countries, (that's who I imagine this ad is for) it is insinuating that black people are the employs and white people are the employers.  How come all the employs are black?  How come they are all runners.  What is performance only encompassed by a black runner?  How come there aren't any white runners, or would that be raciest?

Does anybody see what I mean?

It is virtually impossible to have to different classes of people (by that I mean one holding a position higher then another), and attempt to advertise that without coming across as a raciest, unless you diversify the people involved.  I cant believe advertisement agencies haven't picked up on this yet.  Well I guess they get paid anyway and in the long run it is better for them to produce an ad that gets rejected then they get paid to make another one.  Pretty weak if you ask me and am thoroughly unimpressed with Intel.  Kinda on topic thought did anyone see the Dutch ad that Sony did for white PSP.  It was a white chick beating up a black chick, in an attempt to show that white PSP was better.  I mean wow have we learnt nothing over the last 25-30 years or are Nazi's taking over advertisement agencies?

For KEN-JENNINGS:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King, Jr
This is a very very very wise quote and I don't think even the most humble of men could attest to being completely just in all causes and on all fronts.  However, I hope that every man tries to achieve justice in some way shape or form.

Though I would agree with you scorpion, there is multiple opportunities for the advertisers to allow diversities and destroy stereo types, however they do not and that makes your argument void in my opinion.

Last edited by Scardaddy (2007-08-01 09:36:16)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
We, as a species, will only be free of racism, when nobody anywhere thinks twice about this Intel ad, or the white PSP one.

They are not, in and of themselves, racist.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6599|Mexifornia, USA
What if it was a bunch of white guys bowing to a black guy? I guarantee that would not even cross anyones mind as being racist.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6540|United States
I hear that Asians are good at math...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California

BeerzGod wrote:

I hear that Asians are good at math...
I'll prove you wrong.
xgloryx
+3|6191

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

We, as a species, will only be free of racism, when nobody anywhere thinks twice about this Intel ad, or the white PSP one.

They are not, in and of themselves, racist.
LOL.  We, as a species, cannot be free of racism as long as differences exist between races.  As for you BS about "you only see racism if you are a racist" let me spin that another way for you: a true racist will NOT see racism in this ad because to him there is nothing wrong with black folk bowing down to a white man.  See what I did there?  Generated some bullshit, just like you.

Interpretation is not predication.

Last edited by xgloryx (2007-08-01 13:56:14)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

It's not racist, it's retarded 
Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

Jibbles wrote:

What if it was a bunch of white guys bowing to a black guy? I guarantee that would not even cross anyones mind as being racist.
Exactly.

Well, I'd reword that as "What if it was a bunch of white runners in the blocks and the other guy was black?"

But the point remains the same - everyone is screaming "RACISM" because they are black, not because of what the advert actually shows, and that, in and of itself, is inverted racism.
confused
+10|6364|British Columbia

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Well, I'd reword that as "What if it was a bunch of white runners in the blocks and the other guy was black?"
That would be useless as an ad because white guys aren't fast so they couildn't help a business improve.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard