C&C|Chong
+1|6117
Any base. Any time.
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

DrunkFace wrote:

If your going to have a no "baserape" rule you must clearly define what 'baseraping' is.
[*]How large is the base area.
[*]Are infantry in this area destroying assets, vehicles and/or people considered base rapers.
[*]Does the rule only apply to certain vehicles (such as jets only or jets and attack choppers only) or everything and/or everyone.
[*]Have a structured discipline system where everyone gets treated equally (especially admins). If admins break the rules and are not treated equally no one will take your server seriously.

Basically just saying 'no base rape' is way to subjective and exploitable. And a 16 person wake server sounds terribly boring.

On some maps there are uncappable flags. These flags cannot be captured and are indicated on your map by a large red circle with a line through the center. These rules apply to the immediate base area around these flags. Anything outside of this is fair game. To make it easier to understand the actual area, on your mini map at furtherest zoom, anything under the red circle is covered. In addition, the ENTIRE carrier on any map is classed as an uncap...all of it. It is not to be attacked anywhere (except the AA's) with vehicles.

- Players may engage the opposition at an uncapable flag with their kit weapons only. The use of aircraft or vehicles is not permitted.
- Aircraft may engage ground based Anti-Air weapons within an uncapable base - This includes ground and vehicle mounted AA. Failure to move out of the uncapable spawn after the AA has been destroyed will be considered spawn camping.
- A plane, or chopper, that has returned to the airspace above its uncapable flag is not protected under the spawn camping rule.
I usually play with these rules and they make games more interesting and fair.
That's what a serious effort to have fair rules looks like. Kudos for making the effort, but it's ugly. It's impossible to enforce such complicated rules properly unless your admins are attorneys. In fact, it's impossible to enforce any rules fairly because admins can't see everything.

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

The only rule I would have on a server is no hacking/glitching. That's it.
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6121
yes. always, they should spawn else where or cap a flag if they dont like it
Balok77
+28|6150
The clan I'm in owns a 42 man wake server and has been running it for almost a year now...originally base rape was on but we found that china had and even larger advantage over the USMC so we had to get rid of it. Turns out it doesn't really change a thing, j-10s just wait til ur of the carrier then rape u. But it helps a little and stops alot of whining.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6235|Albion
baseraping should be allowed as long as the teams are A)random per round (with no switching) and B) locked. That way, the baserape is unlikely to be repeated round after round and the rats can't flee the sinking ship so they damn well have to start bailing with everyone else.
IonYou
+3|6636

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

[AH1z]PJ wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I would allow it. I hate servers that don't allow base-rape because...

A) If the team is stupid enough to start to get base-raped, it's their fault and they deserve it.

B) The team that is getting base-raped can always cap another flag. (Which they should have in the first place.)

C) It becomes unfair if you just say no base-raping the carrier because, saying this is wake, the Chinese can get their jets/helis stolen/base-rapped while the US is untouchable on the carrier and always has 2 jets and 2 helis.
go study the differences between legal and illegal(or w\e u wanna call it) baseraping then come back
Is there some base-raping law I have not heard of? No. No there is not. It's not in the ELUA, ROE is gone, nobody cares about the "new" ROE or EA's "game police". It's a fucking game and I'm going to do whatever the code allows me to do. If EA didn't want base-raping then they should've did what POE2 did and have an enemy kill radius around uncappable bases.

The only rule I would have on a server is no hacking/glitching. That's it.
What he said. Every word of it. I couldn't have said it better.

A team that allows itself to get baseraped would lose whether the no baserape rule was in effect or not. They just plain SUCK for not going out and capping flags from the beginning of the match.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6393|fÄking denmark
1st, change the map if it's a 16 player server.

2nd, don't allow it.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6481|Vancouver, USA
Okay thanks for all the input guys, I'm going to allow it.  And I might think about changing the map
dboy
+3|6736|*MDK* is ours, fight ya for it
i think its fine with vehicles just no arty for godsake.. lol
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
Dont allow it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SteikeTa
+153|6750|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Allow it. Plain and simple.
joker8baller
+68|6669

Cobra4545 wrote:

So I have a little dilema on my hands.  Me and a couple of my clan mates have bought a server.  It has 16 slots in it (we are too poor for anything else) and it is currently running Wake Island.  Here is my question:  Should baseraping the carrier be allowed?  We currently allow it because in the beggining of the round, the U.S. can easily capture a base by means of jet drops.  But sometimes, actually, most of the time, the U.S. fails to get off the carrier and the baseraping commences.  In a 16 slot server, this can really cramp the U.S. from doing anything.  But I would like to hear your guys' opinion.  If you own a server, share your thoughts on baseraping, even if you dont own one.

Btw, this is not a poll because I just want to hear peoples' opinions, not just debating two options.
Thanks, Cobra4545
People cry too much.

If you suck that much that you can't take a flag, base rape's your punishment.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6532|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Allow it.
I love it! A good deal should deal with it very easy, IMHO.
Yeh I noticed on EF today..Damn you and your EU obsession
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California
FULL base raping should be allowed on any map.  If you don't want it, switch teams or quit spawning...or, try to be a little quicker when you spawn..don't stand there looking towards the sky!

I look for no-rules servers as opposed to the little emo servers that have all these conditions for playing like "no claymore spamming" "no attacking uncaps" or "no arty uncaps."  It shows that the server owner is just a weakass and can't stay alive..ever.
RECONDO67
+60|6638|miami FL
baseraping it's either  fun or frustrating
Skexis
+6|6461

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I would allow it. I hate servers that don't allow base-rape because...

A) If the team is stupid enough to start to get base-raped, it's their fault and they deserve it.
You must enjoy an empty server, then.

Good luck with all of that.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I say don't allow it. The Chinese team already has an advantage in the J-10. Yes, I know, "I shoot down J-10 noobs all the time", however, one has to realize that not everyone who flies the F-35 is leet like you. More often than not, the J-10 will win in a battle against the F-35. Besides, if it's a 16-man server, then that means there's 8 people per team.

Let's do the math:
2 X J-10 (one pilot each)
1 X WZ-10 (one pilot, one gunner)

That leaves four people in non-aircraft (well, there's the Skycow, but yeah).

The same applies to the USMC team (albeit with F-35Bs and the AH-1Z), which means that they're numerically equal. However, because China has the J-10, it gives them an advantage in air superiority.

Allowing baserape only prevents those 4 remaining Americans from getting off the carrier and doing what's important: getting off the Essex and capturing flags on the island proper. The other 4 people on the Chinese team will probably be armed with tanks and FAVs in order to hold back the Americans. The Americans will need every last ticket to fight their way past those tanks, and onto the island.

Of course, chances are, those 4 people will have spawned at the Airfield, hoping for an air vehicle, which gives the non-F35 or AH-1Z flying Americans precious time to capture a flag and get a foothold on the island.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
.Sup
be nice

cowami wrote:

Allowing baserape only prevents those 4 remaining Americans from getting off the carrier
Exactly
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51
Baserape = ghey.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA
The Essex DOES have guns. Two of them, in fact, each with 8 heat seeking missiles and an unlimited supply of explosive rounds. If people are too busy trying to get "their" jet and don't want to even try to cap a flag when all the vehicles are gone, then they deserve to be killed.
joker8baller
+68|6669

Jibbles wrote:

The Essex DOES have guns. Two of them, in fact, each with 8 heat seeking missiles and an unlimited supply of explosive rounds. If people are too busy trying to get "their" jet and don't want to even try to cap a flag when all the vehicles are gone, then they deserve to be killed.
QFE...

Don't play with noob rules...
nlsme
+48|6417|new york
I say allow it, it is the only chance at the U.S, claiming air superiority right off the bat. The people who take the f35 right from the get, just to bail at first oppurtunity should be shot.
.Sup
be nice

Jibbles wrote:

I'm a newbie in a plane but still i can eliminate Essex before it sees me.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Jibbles wrote:

While I agree, there's only one problem.

AA missiles have really, really short range. If anything, if the plane's in visual range, it should be within lock-on range. This way, you'd be able to at least deter attacks on the Essex.

That, or make the CIWS capable of doing it's main job: point-defense against missiles and bombs.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
too_money2007
+145|6310|Keller, Tx
I say any base is acceptable to attack at any time, just no spawn killing like a fag. I usually get stuck on teams, Wake of course, where they cannot hold a flag and I'm forced to take it up the ass due to the dicks in the J10's strafing the carrier. IMO, it takes no skill to rape any base and it shows you lack class. But, on the other hand, if all the enemy is stranded on the carrier, it's boring to wait for them to do something. Thats why they need to revamp Wake and give the US a flag on the beach or something. That, or fuck off. Wake is a piece of shit now anyways.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard