Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I want the P90, but I'm not sure if I HAVE to unlock my reamining new 2. WTF ne one know?
someone PLEASE RESPOND!

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-02-03 21:30:06)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
i dont think you have to.

if you do, it doesnt make any sense.

im a sergeant major, so i have all the weapons unlocked.  when my unlock window popped up, it looked like the one in the original post.  so...people are saying i'd have to use my unlocks on two weapons that dont currently exist ingame?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
i dun f'in know
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
From this post at EA's forums: http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … 398#354924

Long Explanation: The next patch is going to give many players another weapon unlock at their current rank. In order to get the best testing results we are having GameSpy configure up the weapon unlocks now on their end. This allows us to test them in a true environment, which is rather effective. The side effect of this is that when this is first in place you are likely to see an empty placeholder message. It will look just like you received an award and will appear once for each unlock you’ve earned. This message would be telling you that you have received another weapon unlock, but we haven't patched the weapons in yet. So you will see this placeholder message which is harmless. When the patch is in place though, the stats system will think you already got your notification in- game. So you will want to hit the BFHQ tab and unlock your free weapon.
Basically, you'll see the notification once, per unlock. You will not be notified again about these unlocks. Once you install the patch, you'll be able to select them from BFHQ. Even after you patch the game. They'll be available in BFHQ after the patch.

I've looked at several player's unlock stats, and some have chosen their new unlocks, even though they don't see an image in their notification. The stats server is showing you have these weapons, so all that should be required is the patch.

I'm pretty sure no one will lose anything.. unless something major fucks up on Gamespy's end.
plaid_retina
+10|6696|Memphis, Tn
Yep, I got 2 freebies today as well!
Crunch1234
+4|6661
i used th unlocks but im almost to first sarg so im ok .... i think

Last edited by Crunch1234 (2006-02-03 21:50:32)

Chillay-14
+21|6680
ya same
emperorphoenix
+5|6776|Westeren Australia
lol new patch soon looks like
sneakbyte
+0|6699
It's being released Like <20 Feb i think
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6723|oregon
You know what is, is that Ea realizes that most poeple will never get to fifty thousand. They decided to lower the bar, im at the 8000 rank, and i got two new.
mpsmith
+5|6673
I crap 8000pts. Well, not really, but 8000 isnt much at all.
sneakbyte
+0|6699
Do Not Unlock the MP7 it's getting nerfed in the next Patch
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
darn, i unlocked the mp7 and left one space open......
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

Superior Mind wrote:

darn, i unlocked the mp7 and left one space open......
Don't worry.. once you hit 50K, you'll have them all.
-|NF|-Sir007*.*
Heavy Assault Officer
+0|6785|Beersel, Belgium
I used up both the unlocks - but in the BF2 original screen (not SF) and something weird happend, I unlocked 2 Jackhammers?????? - It was like WTF??
It showed that gun 2 times I figured it was once for the Mp7 (which I was going to take too) but I got NOTHING???

Well now I'm stuck with only Jackhammer and my second unlock has dissappeared. Will I be able to unlock 3 weapons on SGM or have I lost 1 unlock? - This is soooo confusing, I'm afraid I have lost the chance to unlock one final weapon now.
----Crap-----

Last edited by -|NF|-Sir007*.* (2006-02-04 09:40:11)

SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6717|USA
I got two new unlocks last night just out of nowhere. I didn't rank up or anything. Not sure why I got them. If you look at my stats I'm a first Sgt. and have all the weapon unlocks. WTF????
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
..this is some funny shit

Reading the first and last post in a thread. *shaking head*
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6742
I just took my unlocks now, cause I'll be getting to First Sergeant pretty soon anyway so I can take the other ones.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6660| United States of America
same thing here i took the MG36 and F2000
DakotaDoc64
+0|6793|Omaha, Nebraska

sneakbyte wrote:

crap i wasted 1 unlock i still got 1 left the only thing i havn't unlocked is the mp7 so i will have to pic between the p90 Or L96
Same here, but I don't feel I wasted 1 unlock.  I have been wanting to unlock the G36E for the support class.  The one i shouldn't have unlocked was the SCAR-L   I used it when SF came out for a short time then have gone back to the G36C BF2 unlock.  I rarely ever use the SCAR-L, so that was a waste for me.

Saving one to see if I want the L96 or the P90.  Not impressed with the MP7.
silentsin
+3|6699
well this sucks. i used my unlocks thinking it was just another glitch from ea! shit, now i have to wait till my next rank. stupid ea could have at least posted it on the main site!
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Im not gunna choose mine until the patch is out, cuz i heard you could lose them.

also, if the patch isnt even out, how did all these free unlocks get put into our game? we havent downloaded anything to do with the patch.

when i got to 8000 it asked me to unlock 2 guns. I chose the F2000. But i didnt unlock the other one, because i was waiting for the patch to come out so i could get a new gun. now it says i get 3 unlocks. Does this mean that there is a new rank in the patch between 8000 and 20 000?

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-02-04 11:56:57)

Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

sneakbyte wrote:

It's being released Like <20 Feb i think
how do you know? do you have any sources claiming that its feb 20th??
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

NM156 wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

We convinced one of my roommates to choose one of the empty looking unlocks... and he did. Nothing happened at all, so we're hoping when the patch comes out he'll have whatever unlock was there.
What's his PID? I'll look him up and see if he has it in his profile.
58029477 Suitcasejeferson
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

GotMex? wrote:

58029477 Suitcasejeferson
Yep, looks like he picked the P90.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard