Poll

Do You Need Skill To Be A Flyer (attack Chopper)

NO- its who ever sees who 1st20%20% - 27
YES- it aint just aim and fire79%79% - 106
other specify0%0% - 1
Total: 134
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6237|United Kingdom

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

ZCaliber wrote:

You can deathlock. Take a turn the wrong way and suddenly the sky looks a lot more like the ground. *Pacman death sound*
Oh man i know, you can't eaaily roll them over, but heaven forbid if you do. Once they're upside down you will die. Unless you were very very high at the time.

And as for the missles locking on, i was messing about in singleplayer Suez Canal, and the missles really dont have to be very close to other aircraft for them to lock on. I fired mine about an inch away from the enemy gunship on the screen, and the missles still got him.
I won't
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

2nd ever flight in the gunship = going along that bridge on suez canal (under the walkways)
5th flight = going in between the columns and the middle building on shuia tiba.

With next to no flight experience in bf2.

'Nuff said.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
wow you flew under the bridge and through some columns. That does not indicate any amount of skill besides being able to hold the mouse steady the W key down. Skill is air to air combat and taking out entire armor columns, not flying along the ground or doing a slalom run.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

JimmyBotswana wrote:

wow you flew under the bridge and through some columns. That does not indicate any amount of skill besides being able to hold the mouse steady the W key down. Skill is air to air combat and taking out entire armor columns, not flying along the ground or doing a slalom run.
The fact that, with no previous flight experience in game, or in BF2, he was able to pull that off, indicates to me the amount of skill needed to fly in 2142
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA

fatherted13 wrote:

JimmyBotswana wrote:

The fact that, with no previous flight experience in game, or in BF2, he was able to pull that off, indicates to me the amount of skill needed to fly in 2142
Easy to fly with no threats mabye, get a skilled pilot on you and try flying all fancy, my bet is you wont make out from the bridge.  Easy to fly mabye, but flying in combat is something diffrent, never ceases to amaze me to watch gunships pilot not use sheilds or fly in a straight line to get away. Do all the fancy moves you want, ill just wait and shoot you down when your done.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6237|United Kingdom

fatherted13 wrote:

JimmyBotswana wrote:

He was fine because i (or any other skilled opposing pilot) was not present.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Dodging enemy fire is pretty tough, the AA's range is 20x that of BF2.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
i just think that the attack chopper is like a FAV that flies and has a few toys
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
Chopper is notoriously difficult to master, but still easy enough for a newbie to pick up and use to get a few kills.  Considering all the things gunning for you, and the lack of experienced combo pilot-gunners, it's tough.  Thing to remember however, is that mobility is key: kill a couple guys then get the hell away, more-so when they start bringing in SAAW's or someone is exceptionally gifted with the Pilum and trying to snipe you out of the sky.  Hit and run works incredibly effectively.  Also, when you go out of bounds, heres' a hint: Static AA EMP missiles will not track you for some reason.  good place to hide for a couple seconds.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia

Magius5.0 wrote:

Chopper is notoriously difficult to master, but still easy enough for a newbie to pick up and use to get a few kills.  Considering all the things gunning for you, and the lack of experienced combo pilot-gunners, it's tough.  Thing to remember however, is that mobility is key: kill a couple guys then get the hell away, more-so when they start bringing in SAAW's or someone is exceptionally gifted with the Pilum and trying to snipe you out of the sky.  Hit and run works incredibly effectively.  Also, when you go out of bounds, heres' a hint: Static AA EMP missiles will not track you for some reason.  good place to hide for a couple seconds.
Eh  ! Static AA doesn't track out of bounds !? Interesting....at least now I know that the moment they start using SAAWs , you're a real threat >_>";;
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK

Magius5.0 wrote:

well i didnt know that cool for suez
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6237|United Kingdom
yeah, cheers
=VGF= Avantek
+2|6116
It takes no skill to fly the ships in 2142 compared to BF2 jets where you actualy had to control your vehicle. Gunship auto stablizes makes rolls hard to preform but helps new players stay alive while flying.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA

=VGF= Avantek wrote:

It takes no skill to fly the ships in 2142 compared to BF2 jets where you actualy had to control your vehicle. Gunship auto stablizes makes rolls hard to preform but helps new players stay alive while flying.
Your kidding right?  Any noob can hop in a J-10 and shoot down several F-35s in a few seconds, doesnt take much flying ability.  Gunship does take skill, not as difficult to fly as the Helis/jets  but if your skilled with it(like me ) you can easily dominate the air and with a good gunner the ground as well.  Ive seen noobs fly the gunships, mostly into the ground or roll them upside down and bail because they cant recover.

Quick proof of skill
Lets say at 150m this happens
Noob= Gunship inverts it self, either he crashes with it or bails.
Skilled pilot= Floors thottle aiming skyward and eventully recovers
=VGF= Avantek
+2|6116
Dosent take skill to recover and dosnt take skill to flip it upside down eighter I can recover at an altitude of 40m and not crash it simple flor the throtle half way out of the loop release pitch down let the automatic recover system do it job. Yesany noob can take the J-10 and the Gunship and shoot down a couple of transports gunships and jets... Gunship can make loops easily and very tight going verticaly down without any thrust just unrealistic how slow it falls and is able to recover froma vertical stell in less then 20 m from the ground compared to the jet which will never do that.
Can you keep the J-10 alive the whole round that lasts an hour? Try to stall a J-10 do a negative pushover and recover right before you hit the ground. Try to hover with an Su-30 for 20 seconds and recover that takes skill.

For me the gunship is too easy to get kills with I can go 20kills without deaths without any problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard