slimer
+0|6713
Why can't I type "owned you noob". When I kill someone, whitout some over sensitive admin WARNING me or KICKING me from the room. It doesn't hurt anyone. Same thing goes for curse words. It should just get you more pumped up if the other team is talking shit.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6785|United States
It's not sportsman-like.  You don't see people in the Olympics saying "Dude I pwned you at 300M dash, noob."

Talking shit = Starts an argument = Disruptive = Annoys admins = Kick.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6727|The Lou
i agree with bert ^^
I2elik
+12|6796|Perth, Western Australia
Here's a fact, it's a GAME, no one takes shit seriously, unless you're an idiot.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6745
It may be a game, but I'd rather not have to listen to the continuous shit talking of idiotic players with too much ego. Besides which, if you dont take the game seriously, why do you feel the need to verbally abuse the players you kill?
slimer
+0|6713
Its not the olympics. And if you compare it to regualr sports. People talk shit all the time in sports. But this is a game and getting the other team mad by talking shit is fun, just to get under their skin.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6813|Human Meat Shield
It gets under peoples skin?? Young kids saying ' I pwnd j00 ' I laugh at, because it's usually when they finally did something; and it's either in a jet or a tank. But totally agree with BERT10099; it's very unsportsmanlike -- and people will leave the server and that's why they will kick you -- They pay hard earned cash to keep servers alive and work hard to get people in them and be darned if you're immaturity is going to ruin that. People don't like playing with others that constantly type crap like that.
slimer
+0|6713
ITS JUST WORDS. And if you can just laugh it off than thats good for you. But alot of people get really mad and thats why people do it; just to piss people off. So when you are playing a pickup football or basketball game with your friends, you talk some trash? You know in the end its just trash talk. Its makes it more intense. People are so sensitive.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6745
I find that killing the other team is a much better way to get under their skin. In my experience the players that feel the need to shout insults are the same players that populate the lower half of the scoreboard.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6818|Noizyland

I talk shit, but not at people. Abusing people isn't cool, but typing "FUCK" after you were shot should be perfectly accepted.

Don't mock people when you shoot them, that's just stupid. If someone skilfully shoots me, I congratulate them, (if it's a worthy shot,) and I get quite a few compliments myself. To those who mock me when they kill me, I make it my mission to hunt down for the rest of the round. Taunt me at your own risk, (there should be an 'evil' smily in these forums.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723
Your not taking something into consideration . Perhaps the owner of the server has his\her kids playing and don't want them exsposed to such language . Taking crap is kind of fun but under such restrictions you can't do it . Oh well , find another server then .
imdead
Death StatPadder
SOoo.. BF2 is now a Sport? Unsportsmanlike = Respect. It's a game anyway; I don't have time to look up except when I write stuff like ' why isn't anyone going after flags??' So write away young skipper.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6818|Noizyland

Maybe so, but everyone at some stage of their lives will be exposed to swearing, violence and pain. The only thing to do is to either get used to it, or block your ears and wince every time you see/hear a sear word.

If you learn to not say them in repectable company, then you should be free to use them when fully appropriate,
(sorry to say to all of you guys, but when you're playing BF2 wiuth me you're no longer respectable. )

I suggest ICONZ arena servers for those in Australia and New Zealand who like to swear. No swear filters, and I don't think I've ever noticed an admin being there. If so they're fairly inactive, but we also don't get any arseholes.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Arkane
+1|6727

slimer wrote:

Why can't I type "owned you noob". When I kill someone, whitout some over sensitive admin WARNING me or KICKING me from the room. It doesn't hurt anyone. Same thing goes for curse words. It should just get you more pumped up if the other team is talking shit.
Wouldn't bother me if I could filter it out.  Imagine if everyone was typing that.  Jesus, it's bad enough now.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6753|th3 unkn0wn
I honestly don't care if I'm called a noob or get some crap like "you just got owned" on a server. I'm too busy enjoying myself to bother replying. In fact I laugh it off and kill them several times over to show them who's the REAL noob 
Hessy<diablo>
+0|6704
it annoys me whenn people talk shit because they are uncreative. 

they say fuck and bitch.

how un original

make up a fun insult which will make the insultee say "woah that guy is good"

for example use insults like "overmasturbated penis wrinkle" or "dung covered stub for penis"

these are creative and new and gives everyone a good laugh rather than pissing people off and getting yourself kicked

also i agree with tyferra when saying fuck it is ok if it is just after you die an embarrasing death or something of that matter

also i agree with skruples in that people whom talk trash usually do populate the lower half of the board and because of this lack of skill they try to make uip for it by constantly spewing garnage out of their gaping lips. 

heehee   

rant completed

hessy
imdead
Death StatPadder
Poop! *Kicked*
Crap! *Banned*
Fuck! *Warning*
slimer
+0|6713

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

I honestly don't care if I'm called a noob or get some crap like "you just got owned" on a server. I'm too busy enjoying myself to bother replying. In fact I laugh it off and kill them several times over to show them who's the REAL noob 
yes exaclty, prove him wrong and type right back to them.

Last edited by slimer (2006-02-03 23:13:37)

cocoasdad
+0|6786
Lets see, you TK someone because they stole "your" tank.

Now you think talking shit and swearing is fun.

Maybe tomorrow you can get really, really big orange letters and type so it goes across the whole screen. WOW that would be fun!

Then next week you can do the TK rampage thing "just for fun".

Then you can do the tank glitch thing, you know, "just to try it out".

Finally you can just get the hacks to "see if they really work".

In between games you can think of a whole lot more ways to try to ruin it for other people because its no fun to just go play.

Grow up.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6801|Longueuil
I say that only if i knifed someone that was trying to shoot me with a grenade launcher !!!
Owned you noob LOL
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6761|Riva, MD
I know this stupid cuss and shit-talk warning bullshit has seriously got to stop.  IT'S A FUCKING COMPUTER GAME FOR FUCKS SAKE, SPORTMANSHIP DOESN'T MATTER, THANKS FOR ALL THIS BULLSHIT ANYWAY EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-02-04 06:33:04)

slimer
+0|6713

cocoasdad wrote:

Lets see, you TK someone because they stole "your" tank.

Now you think talking shit and swearing is fun.

Maybe tomorrow you can get really, really big orange letters and type so it goes across the whole screen. WOW that would be fun!

Then next week you can do the TK rampage thing "just for fun".

Then you can do the tank glitch thing, you know, "just to try it out".

Finally you can just get the hacks to "see if they really work".

In between games you can think of a whole lot more ways to try to ruin it for other people because its no fun to just go play.

Grow up.
Everyone on this game tries to act like a perfect gentlman. But in real life, your playing a game with your friends, your going to talk some shit and they will go back at you. Its all in good fun. Maybe i'm talking to alot of British people.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6745
Its one thing if my friend calls me a noob or any other insult.

It's another thing when some random asshole online starts verbally abusing me because I killed him too many times. These are the people that have too much invested in the game, not the people that dont like seeing a continuous stream of profanity erupting from players like you. You should ask yourself why you care so much that you just "owned that noob," and why you care what he thinks about you. The need to shout insults has been the mark of hotheads and morons for as long as online gaming has been around, and I have almost never seen a truly professional player that felt the need to degrade his fellow players. Guess what that makes you slimer ---> a noob.

I hope I see you online sometime. I've got a special place on my victim list for you...
Esker
+1|6771
To be fair shit talkers/complain whores generally suck at BF2, otherwise they wouldn't need to do either.

If you feel the need to shit talk, join a chatroom. I get sick and tired of seeing the same damn shit in the chat window. If you can't take the heat press escape and disconnect from the server. If you think you're too good and can "pwn" these "n00bs" and feel the need to brag, why not join a server with more experienced players? If you're that insecure why not post some screenshots of you owning the bots?

Last edited by Esker (2006-02-04 18:33:11)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6753|th3 unkn0wn

Esker wrote:

If you're that insecure why not post some screenshots of you owning the bots?
ROFL

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-02-04 19:49:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard