Poll

Would you?

Hesitate24%24% - 39
Engage without hesitation75%75% - 118
Total: 157
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6664|Little Bentcock
I wouldn't hesitate, to tell you the truth I wouldn't even notice it was a woman until I examined the body later. If I see a gun and she isn't on my side, I wouldn't have time to look to see if it was a guy or a girl, I would shoot. Simple as that.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6760|Melbourne, Australia
its you or her .. so yer id shoot
zeidmaan
+234|6456|Vienna

I would like to pretend that I'm a 1337 mofo like most of you guys and that I would bust a cap in her ass, but I think I haven't evolved past my basic instincts. Maybe with training I would shoot instantly though.

Than again, I'm quite a pussy
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6662|Gold coast, Aus.
Shoot her in the face, then have sex with her.
Ssandstorm
+73|6776|Perth, Western Australia

gene_pool wrote:

Junk Drawer is awesome.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6694|pimelteror.de
and all those fantasy rambos in here, too.

"yeah, i am a tough mofo, who´s killer instinct is trained by first person shooters and i would kill anyone with an instant headshot, so teh other team would be liek zomfg wtf j00 hax!"

as long as you are not drilled to kill - ALL of you would hesitate!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6826|Perth, Western Australia

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

and all those fantasy rambos in here, too.

"yeah, i am a tough mofo, who´s killer instinct is trained by first person shooters and i would kill anyone with an instant headshot, so teh other team would be liek zomfg wtf j00 hax!"

as long as you are not drilled to kill - ALL of you would hesitate!
QFT +1

Except of course those on here that are actual real soldiers (Gunslinger etc). They're trained to shoot, and whats more they are probably closer to experiencing a situation like this than any one else here, so really it should be them we're listening to... not just us armchair warriors that think we're well hard
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6700|BC, Canada
no hesitation, do what needs to be done...
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6553|Gold Coast
Yea, Id hesitate, any sane person would.

But if like someone said, we had time to identify the person was a woman, and was holding a gun, I think that there would be time to do something, whether its negociate or shoot her in the foot etc. But there is also the fact that she is holding a gun, war is war and is probably gonna shoot anything that comes past her door...if she has one. But you also have to think tactically. Id flash bang the room then go in before knocking the bloody door down, making a racket and giving someone that extra 2 seconds to lock and load and shoot that fucking door. Im kinda mixed....
And still, is she pointing the gun at you? Or just holding the gun pointing downwards? If it was pointing down, Id try to negociate, with teammates backing me up just incase the shit hits the fan and moves. If it was pointed at me when I get through the door, well Im probably dead anyway. Shed blow my brains to the wall before I got through the door...if that was the situation. So really, I dont know what Id do. First intention is of course hesitate, but war...shit I dont know.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
gene_pool
Banned

Ssandstorm wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Junk Drawer is awesome.
Shit, didn't realise this was D&ST. Just clicked on the recent threads thing.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6414|Kyiv, Ukraine
As a vet -
1) Is the weapon aimed at me, or is she just "holding it" like you say?

2) If aimed, whip back out of the room. 
If she's already squeezing the trigger, you're already fucked anyways. 
If she's not, it means she hesitated, and you just disappeared as a target.
Tell her to throw down her weapon, whether she shoots or not.
If she refuses, cover the door and wait for backup, then take appropriate action.
If she complies, tag her and bag her.

3) If she's just holding, its her right anways (1 AK per family for personal protection allowed, last time I was in)
Ask her to drop her weapon and step away.
Follow up depending on mission/op order.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6504|meh-land
there is a problem with this however

if you walk in, see a woman holding a gun, and it is pointing at you, and you engage as a threat

if that person dies, and you can't say 100% that person had intent to kill, you risk getting caught in the meatgrinder of the politicians, and you can end up going to jail

that is one of the problems, you want to hesitate because if you don't you could could end up in jail for many years...
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6694|pimelteror.de
ok.. if everyone can present his superhero fantasies, i´ll present mine, too:

"i wouldn´t hesitate to... kick a hole in the wall first, to distract anyone, who is in the house. i would immeadatly jump on the roof and sneak in form the behind. after searching her room for used underwear, i would go downstairs, to give her a "flying elbow" in tony jaa style..."

DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6411|QUT, GP.
Tl;dr, so I might be saying the same thing as people in pages 2,3 and 4. So a woman you've walked in on who is armed. For those who don't hesitate, did you happen to notice that in the original post there was nothing about whether or not she was even an enemy? Are you going to shoot an allied soldier just because she's armed?

That aside:
a: If she was obviously an enemy
b: If it was a war situation

I would increase her iron intake 100-fold without hesitation. Why? Your life is the cost for not pulling the trigger, that and I've never felt guilt for anything I've done to a non-innocent.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6174|Carnoustie, Scotland
If you think about it, you're in a different country, you're probably a bit malnourished, you're probably too hot, if you see someone pointing a gun at you, you will shoot without thinking.
Funky_Finny
Banned

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

What's the song?
gene_pool
Banned

Funky_Finny wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

What's the song?
I think* its Aeternal by Paul Oakenfold.

Although it seems slightly remixed.
Funky_Finny
Banned

gene_pool wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

What's the song?
I think* its Aeternal by Paul Oakenfold.

Although it seems slightly remixed.
Well, is Aeternal by Paul Oakenfold the origional? Because I've heard it before, but never got the name.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6564|the Netherlands
I read you

Engage without hesitation!

They wouldn't hesitate to kill you , they all ready decided that by holding a weapon pointed at you

D'oh!  women can be bad ass b*tches , kids are even worse ,give 'em guns and they start shooting

Woo some kick ass moves in that video men !!!! nice 1

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Leej46WGkQk

never seen this one but can this guy kick some sh!t or what ... awesome !!!

Last edited by Tjasso (2007-07-30 05:00:11)

Orrish
+4|6167|Liverpool, Merseyside
Kill her simple as .
Commie Killer
+192|6428
Id hesitate and get my ass wasted. Hell, a ex-girlfriend once thought I was cheating on her(she was wrong) so she slapped me like 20 times, I just stood there, I cant hit a girl or a woman.
SmkenRez
+10|6406|The other side of world

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

As a vet -
1) Is the weapon aimed at me, or is she just "holding it" like you say?

2) If aimed, whip back out of the room. 
If she's already squeezing the trigger, you're already fucked anyways. 
If she's not, it means she hesitated, and you just disappeared as a target.
Tell her to throw down her weapon, whether she shoots or not.
If she refuses, cover the door and wait for backup, then take appropriate action.
If she complies, tag her and bag her.

3) If she's just holding, its her right anways (1 AK per family for personal protection allowed, last time I was in)
Ask her to drop her weapon and step away.
Follow up depending on mission/op order.
only person that said it the right way
from what my dad tells me from when he was in Nam he had to shoot women and kids or die
some of the things my dad told me about that war was in so many ways fucked but you do what you have to too live no questions asked.
btw read the quote at the bottom of my sig 1st line

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard