Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK
Watched Outlaw the other night. Pretty cool.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Dog Soldiers

A bunch of British soldiers go en manoeuvre, and get attacked by werewolves. Lots of blood and funnies ensue.

4.5/5, It r be mah favourite movie.
I've seen it on SciFi several times.

Watch 300! I finally got to see it today after buying it the first day the film is released.
CC-Marley
+407|6830
Aside for the bad Boston accents, this is great movie to see.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boondock_Saints
Plus check out the new Battlestar Galactica. get the DVD's . It's the best show on TV.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2007-07-31 18:21:44)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
25th hour
The station agent (although with the type of people on this site, I doubt anyone will like this. It's more of an intellectual movie.)
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6524|the Netherlands

paranoid101 wrote:

Ok as the Title says if you have seen a cool/good film that might be less well known than the usual blockbusters, then if you like post about it here and if possible give it a quick review, links and a score out of 5.

Heres my first quick Review........

Last night I finally got round to watch a film called the 9th Company.

Heres a link to the films website - http://www.9thcompany.com/

My thought on this movie, well I can safely say its a cross between Full Metal Jacket and Platoon only in Russian, its set in the Afghanistan war in the 80s and its really interesting to see this conflict from the Russian point of view.

The only main problem I found with this film, its a little bit long, but the acting, action and budget seem really good and they must have had Russian military help in making it, because of all the hardware including tanks, planes, Apc's etc involved.

I give it overall a 3.5 out of 5 well worth a watch.
worth looking i guess dont see this action often

some oldies worth looking : siege of firebase gloria , beast of war ...

Dog soldiers was mentioned ...Dog Soldiers 2 is coming out very soon

henno13 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

dude i love that movie
noone has ever seen it tho =/
'cept me
ive seen it  
sooo fucking funny
i loved Spoon

i loved the way he took on that wolf in hand to hand combat
he was winning
but the werwolves unleashed cloning hacks and killed him
i loved the way he spat in its face and said somthing like
"fuck of you pussys"
]

think he said : i hope i give you the shits ... i think

Last edited by Tjasso (2007-07-31 18:35:17)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Doctor Strangelove Or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) 99/100

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (1966) 98/100

Dirty Harry (1971) 98/100

The 3 best movies of all time. I would have said best IMO but they are just the best. Ever.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2007-07-31 18:34:42)

NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6134
If you have Comcast you can watch Doctor Strangelove in the free movies section.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6765
The Pianist is my favorite movie. I recommend it to anyone interested in history. It's a Roman Polanski film set in Warsaw under Nazi occupation. It won Academy Awards and is quite well made. I'd write more but I've had the longest day ever... if you'd like more information either Google it or Xfire me!
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium

NateWiese wrote:

If you have Comcast you can watch Doctor Strangelove in the free movies section.
Yeah, but if you don't know jack about the Cold War, if you don't know the background and the mentality at that time I think you won't find it that funny. I however laughed my ass off with this movie. Finally found it on DVD while browsing in a shop in Amsterdam and I've probably watched it 5 times in 2 months
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire
Bad Lieutenant - Harvey Keitel's best performance in a lead role (he's a horrible prick in it).

Irreversible - Groundbreaking rape-revenge movie from French 'enfant terrible' Gaspar Noe (WARNING: EXTREMELY VIOLENT!).

Dead Man's Shoes - It's funny, it's gritty, it's sad, it's brilliant and it stars the fantastic Paddy Considine.

I Went Down - imo opinion one of the best Irish movies ever made, brilliantly acted and totally hilarious. It's a gangster road movie reminiscent of tarantino and the Coen bros. (WARNING: THICK IRISH ACCENTS!)
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Schwarzelungen wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

"no mans land"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283509/

its an amazing film about the conflict in Bosnia between the serbs and bosnians.
humorous at times, others...not so much.

i was very happy with this film...
i believe its in czech though....so get ready to activate subtitles
5/5
That movie where the guy is trapped on a landmine? And the UN guy tries to defuse it?
yup, thatd be it.  seen it? its pretty much amazing. the ending surprised me as i was ...well..i'll leave it at me being surprised
hehe good choice
It won an Oscar for best foreign movie. And its in Bosnian (since the movie is Bosnian) and not Czech

And yeah even though the movie is serious, it gets very humorous at times. Specially for us (Bosnians) since the main character was one of the characters in a ex Yugoslavian Sketch show. It was our version of Monty Pythons
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla
Shooter  - 4/5
Fight Club - 5/5
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
Whatever you do don't miss a film called Grosse Point Blank, starring the one of the best actors in the world John Cusack

Its one of my all time favourite films and gets a 5/5 from me
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Here is one of my favorite movies "Secondhand Lions"
Absolutely amazing movie with Michael Cain and Robert Duval. One of few movies that I gave 10 out of 10.

Who likes foreign movies can check this one out - 13 Tzameti
That movie made me stand up and watch it.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA
Pathfinder. Mildly cheesy but overall pretty good.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
The King of New York starring Christopher Walken is also a fantastic film, its a bit dated now but still worth a watch.

Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_New_York
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
Just watched a film called Right at your Door about dirty bombs being set off in Los Angeles.

Its a small budget film with limited locations, with most of the reports of whats happening coming from the radio, but I must say its a scary realistic  film with a great twist ending, not for those with paranoia

4/5

-  Trailer

http://www.rightatyourdoormovie.co.uk/ -  weblink

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard