Poll

What do you think should be done about claymores?

Make the trigger radius smaller.20%20% - 65
Give only 1 to snipers.10%10% - 32
Take them out of the game.9%9% - 30
Stay how they are now.59%59% - 188
Total: 315
x=Rocko=x
Wubmo
+1|6126
Claymores are the most powerful weapon in infantry only servers.   Unless you're going to go engineer you WILL get clay'd at least 3 times a game.  I want something done about this!  If you've got any other ideas post them.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6481|P-way, NJ
They should allow commandors to spot them out, that would help maybe?
ednodes
Part-time Owner
+12|6542|Bath
I think they were put in the game for a reason, just because they are powerful on infantry dosent mean you have to play on those servers if you dont want, its all a matter of choice and sticking with the game. If you dont like it go play CoD or CS.

However i think there should be some meathod of dodging claymores or having to deploy them instead of just chucking them on the ground.

any other thoughts?
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6181|Wolverhampton
They should be wired so the sniper has to detonate them rather than let them explode automatically. That would mean the sniper would need to be near them for them to work and lay a wire limiting their retreat distance.

"Flick the safety and bang that sucker three times!!"
Stimey
­
+786|6118|Ontario | Canada
They should make them destructible like before.
Besides, I don't mind them, as long as they aren't spammed everywhere.
­
­
­
­
­
­
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

how about not changing anything? This game has been nerfed enough
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
TheGiantSE
+14|6469|Sweden
Why not do it in the same way it is in 2142?
You can get by them as long as you don't walk or run...
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
Firstly, It's a game...Get over it.
Secondly. Play on one of the many normal mode servers or servers that don't allow claymores.
Thirdly. Claymores, if anything are underpowered on BF2.
Fourthly. Take a different route. It's not hard to go around the side. I don't get blown up 3 times a round.
Fifthly. No more patches are coming out. So stop asking for additions/changes. Especially here.
Finally. Stop being a bitch.

Don't think I missed anything.
The_killer2
hai
+36|6173|North Carolina
The game is nerfed enough get over it.
maxwell777
+27|6264|Doncaster, UK
Who the hell is this guy, Rocko!?

Hes posted some crazy shit, in the last couple of minutes!

And btw Etcetera is correct.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!

jord wrote:

Secondly. Play on one of the many normal mode servers or servers that don't allow claymores.
Fourthly. Take a different route. It's not hard to go around the side. I don't get blown up 3 times a round.
Fifthly. No more patches are coming out. So stop asking for additions/changes. Especially here.

Nope, you pretty much covered exactly how stupid you are. Well done.
san4
The Mas
+311|6686|NYC, a place to live
Just get a medic to revive you and claymores are irrelevant. If claymores are a problem for you, it means you're not playing with a squad.

The other night on Karkand I was in the building between Hotel and Square with a friend. We had just come down from the roof when a sniper came in and dropped a claymore. I killed him but of course the claymore stays there forever after he's dead. We're not moving, just waiting, waiting, waiting... Until another sniper M95's me through the window and my body falls to the floor, triggering the claymore and killing my friend.
jord

I'm Jamesey wrote:

jord wrote:

Nope, you pretty much covered exactly how stupid you are. Well done.
Thanks for that. I'll make sure to not have an opinion in the future.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6717|Scotland
if sniper dies, instant claymore vanish.

None of this 40 sec crap.

EDIT: Oh, and I went on this server where it disallows clays for flag defence. Genius

Last edited by Airwolf (2007-07-30 08:21:29)

jord
Oh and my 6th point would of been try different maps. Nobody spams claymores on Mashtuur because it's so big.
Curtor
+6|6147|Canada
Just have it so that they are destructible by shooting them/throwing nades at them, and don't have it so that if you go 'There's a claymore there, I'm going to go around it', and I go way out of my way to one side, it blows and kills me.  I wouldn't mind if it just takes me down to half health even.  They could lower the damage dealt when you are far away from the claymore, and have the damage still kill those that run right into it.

Edit: also, if you look at them and try to spot them, they should come up as 'claymore spotted'.  I think that may change the game play around them a little.  Cue engineers where they are, prevent your unknowing teammates from running into them...

Last edited by Curtor (2007-07-30 08:28:32)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands

san4 wrote:

Just get a medic to revive you and claymores are irrelevant. If claymores are a problem for you, it means you're not playing with a squad.

The other night on Karkand I was in the building between Hotel and Square with a friend. We had just come down from the roof when a sniper came in and dropped a claymore. I killed him but of course the claymore stays there forever after he's dead. We're not moving, just waiting, waiting, waiting... Until another sniper M95's me through the window and my body falls to the floor, triggering the claymore and killing my friend.
Very good point mate. Btw its pretty easy to avoid clays, people generally use claymores in flag area's so join a squad and get someone to walk in front of you and keep some distance.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

you know you have been playing Oblivion too much, when you read this title and think big sword.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6542|Sverige (SWE)

max wrote:

how about not changing anything? This game has been nerfed enough
another change will only f..k everything up even moor
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6646|Norway
Trigger radius is fine, 2 clays are fine

Where are the option for smaller blast radius and make them destructible?
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6268|Germany, NRW
there is one option missing in the poll: Give 2 more claymores to snipers

but voted Stay how they are now. cause i think 2 claymores is perfect for snipers so they can defend themselves in 2 directions...IF they use them to defend not to hop and spam around^^
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6149|Some Pub in Valletta
No change needed... 2 Clays "At a time" per sniper is good.
I still remember the days when there was no limit of clays on the ground.
Back in the day 1 sniper could have dozens and dozens  clays on the ground at the same time.
But yeah the game didn't have IO back then either, maybe things we're a little better back then.........

Last edited by xXCortoMalteseXx (2007-07-30 09:40:13)

elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6451|USA
Nothing... Game is perfectly fine how it is.
san4
The Mas
+311|6686|NYC, a place to live

Echo wrote:

san4 wrote:

Very good point mate. Btw its pretty easy to avoid clays, people generally use claymores in flag area's so join a squad and get someone to walk in front of you and keep some distance.
The lowest ranking member of the squad should be the designated claymore clearer.
_1_MAN-ARMY.12
Banned
+1|6115|Southern California, USA
I doubt EA will do anything about this.

People just have to stop whining about it and work better in squads.

If anything EA/Dice/PB or whatever needs to focus on stopping and detecting hacks and hackers instead of babies whining about weapons in the game...

EDIT: I guess it would be a little nice if snipers only got one each, but that won't happen.

Last edited by _1_MAN-ARMY.12 (2007-07-30 10:06:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard