GunnerTim
+1|6124|Wisconsin
Does anyone have a good definition of what the Rising Star Rank is?  A friend of mine just created a promotional account for our clan and his has a rank of -1.  My account which is much older has a rank of 79,846.  I didn't find this statistic anywhere on bf2s but you can view it here: http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … =106382048  You have to check under Information & Misc Stats.  My account is here: http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … t=78358573  (Just for comparison).  I didn't see anything in the Wiki or the forums about what this is so it makes me kinda curious.  Any ideas?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6529
The Rising Star rank is calculated using a Voodoo magic formula and does not follow any sort of logical pattern as everything else in BF2.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6301|The | Netherlands
This is pure spam

nah it's something with your promotion, how quick you get those, correct me if I'm wrong.
baggs
+732|6202

3lmo wrote:

This is pure spam

nah it's something with your promotion, how quick you get those, correct me if I'm wrong.
that would make sense in fact.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

It ranks you according to how many points you've gained in the past week relative to everyone else. If you don't play a lot, you're rising star rank will be pretty low. If you create a new account, they have no old data to compare so you get a -1. If you play all week and score a lot of points, you'll get a good rising star rank for the week.

Make sense?
syndicat111
+39|6676|UK

chittydog wrote:

It ranks you according to how many points you've gained in the past week relative to everyone else. If you don't play a lot, you're rising star rank will be pretty low. If you create a new account, they have no old data to compare so you get a -1. If you play all week and score a lot of points, you'll get a good rising star rank for the week.

Make sense?
So basically who can get the most points in that week comparitive to the amount of time played / time since account was created, hence why so many privates / corporals etc are all at the top

Last edited by syndicat111 (2007-07-30 09:12:23)

GunnerTim
+1|6124|Wisconsin
Yeah that makes sense.  Is there any purpose to this except to look at it and get your jollies?
baggs
+732|6202

GunnerTim wrote:

Yeah that makes sense.  Is there any purpose to this except to look at it and get your jollies?
yeah, i hear the lucky winner gets the choice of anal gang bang or being a cum bucket for the DICE team.
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6268|Germany, NRW
It definitly makes sense, but what is with _1_MAN-ARMY.17 ? He plays about 3,7 hours a day and earns about 3000-4000 points but he is only rank 41,258 in the category rising star. So there is a conflict again.

Edit: Account creation / Enrollment date was 2007-06-09

Last edited by Roughshod (2007-07-30 09:21:28)

tomfoster
+12|6128
Its a percentage increase so even though he may get a lot of points, it isn't much relative to his total score so he won't be too high up on the Rising Star leaderboard. Hope that helps
weasel_thingo
+74|6324
i have always wanted to know as i was 13th for a while but i didnt play much on my first week as i didnt have the game i think it was my 2nd week that i played more.

Last edited by weasel_thingo (2007-07-30 23:39:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard