Poll

Will the U.S. bring back the draft in a time of war?

Yes65%65% - 62
No34%34% - 33
Total: 95
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Lol

In the case of a massive WW3 conflict. What would be the point of needing more infantry? Walk out into the field, KABLAMMO, nuclear fireball. Everyone dies instantly. Rinse and repeat until everyone is dead.

That's the good thing about nukes. They prevent this kind of shit from happening. I pray that all the Major countries keep nukes forever, and that there will never be a way to fully stop a nuke from hitting its target. It's the only way you'll prevent full scale WW2 style conflict.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6298
I do not see why we would need a draft.

90% of the troops are below 25.

Everyone volunteer's.

But I don't see why they would need to bring a draft back unless it is very needed to.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6726|Michigan

lavadisk wrote:

If they do I'm gonna be a 'draft dodging pussy' and move to Canada.

I don't care enough about America to fight for it.
Then get out.
trackstarr
+18|6697|Swing and a miss

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lol

In the case of a massive WW3 conflict. What would be the point of needing more infantry? Walk out into the field, KABLAMMO, nuclear fireball. Everyone dies instantly. Rinse and repeat until everyone is dead.

That's the good thing about nukes. They prevent this kind of shit from happening. I pray that all the Major countries keep nukes forever, and that there will never be a way to fully stop a nuke from hitting its target. It's the only way you'll prevent full scale WW2 style conflict.
I hate nukes
I feel its just so inhumane
But its better them then us
agent146
+127|6383|Jesus Land aka Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lol

ya but i prefer ww2 style is more then "send nukes to enemy- receive enemy nukes- winner are the last one standing."
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6722|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
Russia and iran are pussyshit snd we could win without draftees. China is the only country that could potentailly destroy us.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England

agent146 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lol

ya but i prefer ww2 style is more then "send nukes to enemy- receive enemy nukes- winner are the last one standing."
Thing is nukes are so dangerous that nobody in their right mind would use them in fear of getting some sent back. Mutually Assured Destruction has pretty much prevented what would've otherwise been certain war between the US and the Soviet Union.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-07-29 13:34:10)

Balok77
+28|6144
a major war in the 21st century would be a technological one and therefore no.

anyway because of the Nuclear Deterrent, a major war is very unlikely
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6826|Denver colorado

spacebandit72 wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

Then get out.
Lolz.

Kay, I will.
My senior year of high school I'm becoming an exchange student to japan.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6690|The Ville
If they need to they will do it in a heart beat.
Commie Killer
+192|6383

lavadisk wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

Then get out.
Lolz.

Kay, I will.
Sounds good, I get kinda pissed when people like you look at people over their noses. Return of the royalty you could say. Pathetic.
SmkenRez
+10|6361|The other side of world
aint we at war now with no draft
btw wouldnt need a draft if we got invade i hope and belive every American would defend the US.
p.s. if you dont like America GET THE FUCK OUT or DONT COME HERE!!!!!!

Last edited by SmkenRez (2007-07-29 21:49:58)

trackstarr
+18|6697|Swing and a miss

SmkenRez wrote:

aint we at war now with no draft
btw wouldnt need a draft if we got invade i hope and belive every American would defend the US.
p.s. if you dont like America GET THE FUCK OUT or DONT COME HERE!!!!!!
We are not fighting a conventional war right now
we don't know who the enemy is, kind of like Vietnam.

Nukes are a terror weapon, and we do not want to launch nukes for the fact that there will be a strike back.
We would still have the need of infantry to hold captured land.

I believe we not have a draft
because most of us will be pissed off on a attack on the U.S.
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6126
I hope they bring back the draft...just think of the huge pool off "HARD CORE WAR GAMERS" they would have....Haaaaaaa....Haaaaaaa...
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6358|Vancouver

Commie Killer wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

Then get out.
Lolz.

Kay, I will.
Sounds good, I get kinda pissed when people like you look at people over their noses. Return of the royalty you could say. Pathetic.
How is lavadisk looking "at people over [his] nose"?

Anyway, all Americans are welcome to stay at my house, in Vancouver, if a draft ever arises. I'll hide you in my basement from the Mounties. Just be warned, you'll be eating a lot of bulk maple syrup...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Ill go cause i dont want to be stuck at home at a desk job eating 99 second rice dinners and bottled water... I want fucking thrill in my life. So with thrill can come the risk of death. Oh well. I say no. The reason we did that in WW2 is cause we lacked technology. Now we can nuke shit and be like, PWNED! Er sumthin..
I wish/hope prospective US soldiers (or soldiers of any army for that matter) give a little more thought to the major decision of signing up than what you stated above... I'm not trying to insult you, it's just that many countries start wars for very cynical reasons and the dirty deeds of people in office are carried out by the brave and often fool hardy soldiers on the ground ...it may be thrilling when you're there but you may have to live the rest of your life living with the demons because some fat cat had his own nefarious agenda.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640
all the people that say you would go if there is a draft....why wait?  unless you aint old enough ofcourse.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6636
Well, I'd fight anyways since I'm joining the Air force. We have enough people to fight. No need for it really. Our guys are more combat ready than most countries anyway.

Last edited by thareaper254 (2007-07-30 16:25:17)

Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6126
The Army don`t want or need a draft for now...they believe they have a better Army without draftee`s.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6636

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

The Army don`t want or need a draft for now...they believe they have a better Army without draftee`s.
Yea, draftees would be like Iraqi soldiers helping the Army.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6282|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
For Korea, no. Eventually, Korea will fall on its own. The only thing keeping the economy alive is the hatred of Americans.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA
I have no problem being drafted for a major war.  Problem is that if we had a major war it will be Nuclear and it might just be the end of well...mankind.
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6126

thareaper254 wrote:

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

???????
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6126

Harmor wrote:

I have no problem being drafted for a major war.  Problem is that if we had a major war it will be Nuclear and it might just be the end of well...mankind.
We are in a major war ...."The Forever War Of Terrorism".
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6636

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

???????
Iraqi soldiers are untrained and suck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard