Raphi
Banned
+354|6267|Basel, Switzerland

leetkyle wrote:

This coming from a person who creates guides on promotion of underage drinking? I mean yes, it is bad that someone beat up someone (it happens). I'm not afraid to admit, shamefully, that I probably would not have stopped the attacker like those other 50 people. It is just who I am. If it were two kids, then yeah I would, because as quite a weak person I could probably actually do it, but not in this case for these two people.
Underage drinkin does not mean that we're retarted. I was scared to say something, but I felt bettter after I did it.
ReDevilJR
+106|6360

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

they must have been American, only Americans do things like that.  so odd to find crime in other countries...
I hope that was a joke.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

ReDevilJR wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

they must have been American, only Americans do things like that.  so odd to find crime in other countries...
I hope that was a joke.
Gunslinger was a US soldier in Iraq...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6456|Boulder, CO
if i was in your shoes with my mate then we'd probably each grab an arm and drag her away then just leave her a couple of hundred meters down the street, mind you some old women are just scary as hell.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Everyone's too afraid of legal action being taken against them to interfere in fights. "None of our business." People here drive past schoolyards that have rings of kids kicking the shit out of smaller kids with no more recognition than "oh, so they're fighting?" "I guess so."

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-27 12:14:25)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6299|Éire
I've seen that happen a few times in Ireland and actually had it happen to me twice. Luckily enough on the first occassion it happened to me someone who knew me eventually saw what was going on and jumped in and kicked some ass (but that was after about 5 minutes of beating ...which is a long time when you're being beaten up, count 5 minutes to yourself and imagine being kicked full force in the head repeatedly while you're doing it.

As a result of this if I see someone in bother who doesn't look like they're asking for the trouble they're getting from someone I am more inclined to intervene, if the guy who intervened for me hadn't done what he did I may have ended up in the morgue and not the hospital.
ReDevilJR
+106|6360

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I hope that was a joke.
So odd to find crime in other countries? That's total Bull! Just look in our entire world's history, There's crime EVERYWHERE!
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6487|Communist Republic of CA, USA

ReDevilJR wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

I hope that was a joke.
So odd to find crime in other countries? That's total Bull! Just look in our entire world's history, There's crime EVERYWHERE!
He was kidding Red, he was making fun of Europeans who tend to have that opinion of the US.  He's a very respectable person, and has served his time overseas in the Sandbox.

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2007-07-27 12:27:49)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6535|Milkystania, yurop
Catfights is teh shiet get your camera out and film that shit son thats some youtube material right there,

but seriously thats fucked up, if you see somebody in trouble you try and help them , but you also have to look out for yourself cause nobodys going to thank you when you get a knife in you.
ReTox
+100|6508|State of RETOXification
I watched a news show on this odd behavior not too long ago.  Seems most people, when in a crowd or group, will not do anything when they see a "problem".  It's the same behavior we see when people walk right over a homeless guy passed-out bleeding on the sidewalk.  I bet if everyone searched their local news they'd find instances where similar occurances have taken place.

It makes me wonder if this is the same kind of behavior we see in the wild when a gazelle is being chewed on by some lions and the rest of the herd is only meters away watching. 

Pretty fucking sad of us as the "enlightened ones" if it is.
ReDevilJR
+106|6360
Ahh Alright, wasn't sure. I kind of figured that's what he mean't.

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2007-07-27 12:40:44)

trippy982
+34|6406
Now that boxing is becoming an extinct sport wathcing fights on bus will have to do.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6849
to be honest if I fixed the spelling mistakes and add a lil more excitement I could make it pass my english class for a short story
Raphi
Banned

A-Unit64 wrote:

to be honest if I fixed the spelling mistakes and add a lil more excitement I could make it pass my english class for a short story
No wai.

I hate people who flame about the English of the OP but can't even give an own opinion to the theme.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6709
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA
Everyone is afraid of getting sued.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6535|Milkystania, yurop

Harmor wrote:

Everyone is afraid of getting sued.
.............In America that is
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6559|CH/BR - in UK

Heh - yeah, crime is skyrocketing in Switzerland - lots of people blame the immigrants. Many people believe that since the law isn't branded into immigrants' cultures as much as in Switzerland (honestly, we fear cutting our grass on Sundays, and wouldn't dare to break that law).
It's ridiculous. I was beat up in a bus full of people once, and people only watched and cheered me on when I managed to defend myself. Weird.

But that is nothing compared to the drug consumption of minors around these parts. Half of the people you meet who go to school smoke weed, drink and are very proud of both. After secondary school, a couple move on to ex and heavier drugs.

If I could choose which to fix, I'd definitely fix the latter of these two. Too many people I know have had alcohol poisoning and OD'd.

-konfusion
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6661|pimelteror.de
a crowd will let you die in front of them, because everybody hopes, that someone else will help. you have to pick them personally to get them moving, like "you sir! please call the police!"...

i had the situation once, that a group of albanians started to pick up a small freak to beat him up. they did search for a victim, not an opponent, so just standing up and telling them to stop, did end the situation, because they didn´t knew, what type of guy i am...

you don´t have to fight - in most cases, it is enough to tell them to stop and draw everyones attention to them..
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Um, no that's not normal.
Actually, yes it is.  The more people there are the less chance someone will do something.

As KEIOS said.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6661|pimelteror.de
same goes for car accidents:
i saw a car, that has gone off from the autobahn and layed upside down beside the road. it was there for some minutes, because the driver did already got out slowly and was crouching to the street. there were a lot of cars passing by, but none actually stopped there. they did only slow down to have a long lookout on the scene. it´s cruel, but it´s reality... people always will find a reason, not to help you.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

We (and I mean nearly everyone on this planet) are so self-serving that we don't care about the well-being of others.

Then again what the hell do you expect. We live in a society where people can rape children and get away with it, where they can rape three women then kill them and brutally batter a man, then torch their house and only get 10 years in prison (I swear to god if those guys get anything less than the death sentence or a REAL life sentence in Supermax prison, as in they're there till they die).

Ridiculous. I'd like to say that I'd help out in situations like these and hell, if I knew I wouldn't get killed or seriously hurt I would.
Raphi
Banned

Hurricane wrote:

We (and I mean nearly everyone on this planet) are so self-serving that we don't care about the well-being of others.

Then again what the hell do you expect. We live in a society where people can rape children and get away with it, where they can rape three women then kill them and brutally batter a man, then torch their house and only get 10 years in prison (I swear to god if those guys get anything less than the death sentence or a REAL life sentence in Supermax prison, as in they're there till they die).

Ridiculous. I'd like to say that I'd help out in situations like these and hell, if I knew I wouldn't get killed or seriously hurt I would.
This sucks. Raping 3 girls and killing 2 of them. The 3rd were closed in for 5 years. She wrote a letter and placed them on the way into the forrest, where she got raped and murdered. An adult has found the letter and shown the police. What happend to this raper?

14 or 15 years prison.

Politics and the rest of the rules here sucks.

Last edited by Ersguterjunge (2007-07-28 08:14:17)

irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6171|Houston, Texas

Locoloki wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

you have to remember, America is huge, each state could be considered a country
Republic of Texas FTW!!!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570

Hurricane wrote:

That's not it.  They just sort of............don't think to help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard