JaggedPanther
+61|6475

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

About the taunting:
It supposedly works by spotting a dead enemy you have just killed, but only if you have subscribed to the BF2142 veterans program and have BF2142 installed on your machine.

Since I don't have that game, I couldn't tell for sure.
If anyone is able to do the taunting in one way or the other, could you please tell me if you hear the evil laugh yourself too?
I have all those requirements and i can't get it to work no matter how many dead enemies i spot.
Be a commander and spot enemy's that are beside the blue and yellow dots. If they get killed within a second you get the errie laugh.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands
The sound on Kubra is creepy!
howler_27
+90|6688
I'm guessing that it's the "moaning" sound from the crane on Sharqi.  There are definately some cool sounds in game if ya slow down to listen to them, and as mentioned before, it seems that only the headphones pic them up.  Has anybody heard the Native Americans chanting near the Hangar Bays on Operation Midnight Sun?  Definately creepy, lol. It's very faint, but it IS there.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6223|Finland
I have made map's for bf2 and sf so i know this for sure...

There is many different sound in every map, different for every location you are at, while making map you can place any sound you want people to hear while being on that location (wind on tall buildings, music etc.)

There is also triggerable objects like birds and I'm not sure about frog but there is triggerable area, and place where that something happens & time to past so it happens again...

Like on karkand near hotel in alley you can hear nail's hitting the floor... (background sound)

If you have opened bf2 files there is also 3 different taunt sound files(and all other sound files), i don't know how to get it work except...
Kill enemy, spot his body, then everybody near you should hear the taunt effect(laughing) <----- I'm so unsure about it
but because you have those laugh files then that latest patch thing would sound good why would you need bf2142 to do it, i wonder. If someone knows about taunting please answer how it works or maybe this is the answer:

globefish23 wrote:

About the taunting:
It supposedly works by spotting a dead enemy you have just killed, but only if you have subscribed to the BF2142 veterans program and have BF2142 installed on your machine.

If anyone is able to do the taunting in one way or the other, could you please tell me if you hear the evil laugh yourself too?
Why to hear all kind of fancy stuff only throught headphones? because they are better and gives the sound closer to your ear

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2007-07-28 02:42:01)

PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6290|Pacific NW, USA
What is the BF2142 Vetrans program?
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
https://www.imagecoast.com/images/HeavyMetalDave/frog.jpg

Last edited by HeavyMetalDave (2007-07-27 11:30:03)

Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6127|So Cal

cospengle wrote:

... The first time I heard the laugh was after I'd had a few beers and I thought someone was in TS, so I ALt+Tabbed out of BF2 and there was no one else in TS, and the last person to leave was hours ago. So I actually took off my head phones and looked behind me expecting to see a guy in a hockey mask or something but of course there was no one there. Then I though I must have had a few too many and went to bed lol.
LOL....Yeah remember the first time I heard that. I thought it was somebody that hacked into the server somehow, I don't know what I was thinking. It did freak me out a little. Especially since my room was dark.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6591|California U.S.A

howler_27 wrote:

I'm guessing that it's the "moaning" sound from the crane on Sharqi.  There are definately some cool sounds in game if ya slow down to listen to them, and as mentioned before, it seems that only the headphones pic them up.  Has anybody heard the Native Americans chanting near the Hangar Bays on Operation Midnight Sun?  Definately creepy, lol. It's very faint, but it IS there.
yes I heard the chanting on Midnight Sun it's near the helipads somewhere i believe or between the scout and attack Helicopters, while you are facing the mountains northeast or so. And then there are the pack of wolves that howl too.
CoconutBlitz
wow I've played Mashtuur alot and never saw the frog nice screenie!

Which bridge is that excatly?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

zomg a killer froggie!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

Can you shoot the frog and get +2 Global?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6223|Finland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Can you shoot the frog and get +2 Global?
i think that frog is fcking hacking
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
yeah I've heard that sound all over the map usually with a dog barking in the distance which ticks me off cause I think my dogs are up to something.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

T1g3r217 wrote:

Is it when you're capping flags? Cuz I've heard music in Jalalabad when I'm capping the Junkyard or Fountain.
you do know there is background music right?
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
Its under the bridge that connects power plant to main city area....

Southwest of the Mosque(SP)...
CoconutBlitz

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Its under the bridge that connects power plant to main city area....

Southwest of the Mosque(SP)...
Thanks, I'm gonna go LAN and check it out. 
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6634|Sin City

Nice.......even the frogs wallhack in BF2
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6121

JaggedPanther wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

About the taunting:

I have all those requirements and i can't get it to work no matter how many dead enemies i spot.
Be a commander and spot enemy's that are beside the blue and yellow dots. If they get killed within a second you get the errie laugh.
wtf?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker

PigPopTart wrote:

What is the BF2142 Vetrans program?
http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … teran.aspx

As a Battlefield 2 player you have qualified for Veteran status in Battlefield 2142. For your heroic efforts in Battlefield 2, we are pleased to announce that you will be awarded an exclusive Veteran indicator next to your name in Battlefield 2142, so other players will recognize that you’ve had a tour of duty in Battlefield 2. You will also receive an immediate promotion in Battlefield 2142, which will let you choose an unlock. Finally, you will receive a new verbal taunt to use in Battlefield 2.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium

CoconutBlitz wrote:

howler_27 wrote:

yes I heard the chanting on Midnight Sun it's near the helipads somewhere i believe or between the scout and attack Helicopters, while you are facing the mountains northeast or so. And then there are the pack of wolves that howl too.
Yeah, and the magical wolves whose cries you can hear on the entire map even in a jet/heli 500 feet in the air.

Check the common_client zip file in EA Games > Battlefield 2 > mods > bf2  if you want to hear all the level ambient sounds.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Samtheman53.0000012 wrote:

JaggedPanther wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

wtf?
If you spot something and they're killed THE INSTANT you spot them, then your character person laughs.

It's generally really deep. Well, I've only had it happen as USMC, but still.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

I have noticed alot of ambient sounds in BF2.  Music near buildings, even the sounds of what would be similiar to standing outside a restuarant and a crowd of people in low conversations.

The Evil Laugh i have heard 3 times I think.  twice in one round of Warlord in SF.

Sometimes, those ambient sounds have muddled footsteps enough to where I couldn't make it out until it was too late...pisses me off.
CoconutBlitz

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

howler_27 wrote:

Yeah, and the magical wolves whose cries you can hear on the entire map even in a jet/heli 500 feet in the air.

Check the common_client zip file in EA Games > Battlefield 2 > mods > bf2  if you want to hear all the level ambient sounds.
I've looked through them before it's amazing how much sounds are in a level. I never noticed you can still hear those while in a jet/Heli.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

cospengle wrote:

Nappy wrote:

on devils perch you can hear a car, sounds like its just a single car driving off on a freeway, but the funny thing is devils perch is like 3 islands... lol
No, that was me capping your main
Dammit!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
Bloody hell! Creepy little subliminal messages in BF2! o_o

Now all I'm waiting for is the orly owl popping out, or Dan Forden popping out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard