McPwned
Canadian Ops
+0|6813|Canada
A guy did that to me.  I asked him what he was doing but refused to respond.  He didn't go back to pick up anyone, though.
thinner44
+1|6779

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

I have found some people will just don't get the hint "BAIL-OUT"!

Dilly, you might be a great gunner, but who knows this? If a  player were to join my Squad and type back to me saying they can handle the job, I would give that person a chance. Maybe better communications would help solve this issue?
Communication is the key, problem is, not everyone speaks English and even if they did, there are some really selfish people out there.
I can't fly an attack heli, I'm a crap gunner, I can't fly the jets (still using mouse and KB), so I don't bother trying to hog either.
I played on a sever yesterday where people were just too damn polite 'can you fly?', 'after you', 'please can you drive'. It was all a bit scary.

You are right though, communication is the way.
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6782|UK
If people are just using this to kill teammates, then it's need fixing - Chopper damage please EA.
Sharken
+0|6782

thinner44 wrote:

I played on a sever yesterday where people were just too damn polite 'can you fly?', 'after you', 'please can you drive'. It was all a bit scary.
What server was that, it sounds like Utopia
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

Honestly, I agree with Chuy... For the most part people are horrible at gunning and it is so incredibly frustrating when I am trying to line people up for a tv guided missile and they don't even know it exists. I try as much as possible to stick with the people I know when flying in the chopper, they are reliable, and we work together much better (especially if it is afro or chuy since I can throw stuff at him if he doesn't see a tank or something... )

All in all having competent pilots in the air is better for the whole team, so if I fly with some random guy and he proves to me that he has no idea what he is doing you bet I am going to do my best to keep him from wasting our chopper any more.
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6782|UK
You see that's the pilot attitude I'm talking about
I do feel it tho. - nothing worse than hovering waiting for your gunner to discover the hellfire.
Sharken
+0|6782
Or sitting in the gunnerseat watching that Antitank enemy lining up the shot, while your pilot is trying to cap a flag, and doesnt worry about anything else
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
I've tried the TV...just can't get a knack for it yet.  Even the guns sometimes cause difficulty.  I think I made an outline of an enemy foot soldier up against the building he was standing in front of once without hitting him once!  I pilot better than being gunner, usually.   I was pilot once with BloodySky as my gunner.  Man, he's good.  He had those TV's taking out enemy choppers, tanks, and everything else they had.  Nice shootin' Tex! 
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6763|South Cybertown, Texas
Honestly, I agree with Chuy... For the most part people are horrible at gunning and it is so incredibly frustrating when I am trying to line people up for a tv guided missile and they don't even know it exists.
I second that!
MCM13276
+1|6765
i am still looking for a clan to join, but not sure which one. How do i know , or go aabout doing this the right way.??
Also, was playing the other night and some guy in my team was in a cobra and kept on killing me a the tv station. but he was not loosing points...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Honestly, I agree with Chuy... For the most part people are horrible at gunning and it is so incredibly frustrating when I am trying to line people up for a tv guided missile and they don't even know it exists. I try as much as possible to stick with the people I know when flying in the chopper, they are reliable, and we work together much better (especially if it is afro or chuy since I can throw stuff at him if he doesn't see a tank or something... )

All in all having competent pilots in the air is better for the whole team, so if I fly with some random guy and he proves to me that he has no idea what he is doing you bet I am going to do my best to keep him from wasting our chopper any more.
Of course I'm on the opposite side of this. I actually can gun rather well and I always attempt to use the TV Guided missle when hunting armor. However my pilots never seem to give me the chance to line up a shot. They are always going in for a Hellfire strike themselves without even waiting. I guess either they don't care that I'm there or they are so used to gunners that don't have a clue as to how to be a good one that they simply go in for the kill themselves so they don't have to worry about it. *shrug*
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

kilroy0097 wrote:

Of course I'm on the opposite side of this. I actually can gun rather well and I always attempt to use the TV Guided missle when hunting armor. However my pilots never seem to give me the chance to line up a shot. They are always going in for a Hellfire strike themselves without even waiting. I guess either they don't care that I'm there or they are so used to gunners that don't have a clue as to how to be a good one that they simply go in for the kill themselves so they don't have to worry about it. *shrug*
Yup. I prefer gunning to piloting (i don't really get the chopper, only jets for me) and i cannot stand it when the pilot totally ignores my presence. I'm an average TV-missile gunner and a pretty good gatling gunner, but i never get a chance... I just hop off in crowded areas lol.
Bwspecial
+2|6792

gvp000 wrote:

Last night I jumped in the Cobra's gunner seat. and the pilot flew to the edge of the battlefield so that I was out of bounds but he wasn't.  A nice bit of flying which killed me whilst I was wondering what he was doing ( even if I had bailed I would have had a long swim back ).  He then flew back to base and I saw him picking someone else up as I respawned. ( Maybe a freind or maybe another victim I don't know ).

Annoying though - because I lost points for this and he got away un-punished.

I was wondering whether to post this or not, I don't want to start a new craze.

.....and for info pilots if I get in and you're waiting for a squad member to join up - a simple 'get out' is normally enough to get the message across to me - without resorting to elaborate TK schemes.
It is totally your fault. How dare you think you could ever replace Goose. He can't trust you  in the danger zone.
Buzerk1
+44|6806
And this is another reason why I hate choppers and planes... people act like kids around them... like if it should be a plane for eah player. Hey here's a good mod... make a map, 2 islands... only planes and choppers, enough for any players and blast yourself all over the place....The fnny thing is you won't see the same people hugging choppers and planes in this mod.

And this is what happen when EA makes planes and choppers so hard to bring down. You can take my word, make them more easy to bring down and you would see people stay away from them, and only skilled players will have the balls to use them. 

You don't see players fighting for jeeps....wonder why...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX

Buzerk1 wrote:

And this is what happen when EA makes planes and choppers so hard to bring down. You can take my word, make them more easy to bring down and you would see people stay away from them, and only skilled players will have the balls to use them. 

You don't see players fighting for jeeps....wonder why...
I don't know... put a TOW missle attachment onto the HUMVEE instead of the MG on top and I will gladly be driving that thing around and blowing up Armor and all kinds of things.

Of course I already drive the HUMVEE around and kill all kinds of things. I like the vehicle personally. I like to go chopper hunting with it.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-09-25 21:01:31)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807
anyone who thinks they own a vehicle is a loser
thinner44
+1|6779

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

I have a freind who loves to play and could care less about stats, ribbons, ect. and has gotten so tired of people hogging up plane and helo's, he has resorted to placing a stick or two of C4 on the chassis or just plain shooting the guys in the face.
Sounds like a damn good player to me, My stats reveal I'm pretty crappy at this game on foot and also I'm not not bothered about, rank, badges, medals and ribbons. They come with time and a little effort (or in my case 99% luck). If I see someone busting a gut to get a to a vehicle, then they can have it, when I see them 30 seconds later back in the same place, I tend to thank God there was only enough room for one
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6814|Waikato, Aotearoa
After reading the last 2 pages, fuck am i glad that I play on the xtra and iconz servers where that kind of shit is non-existant (yay for xtra and iconz). Us Kiwis and the Aussies are the most well behaved of the lot.......

Apparently (according to Mikeshw) Taiwanese servers are the worst for in-team-fighting and TK'ing

As for flying choppers around - i consider myself a pretty decent (and considerate) pilot - i face the BH side on so the gunners get a good side shot, and with the Apache i face straight on (and try and keep it steady) for the TV guided shots, I try not to waste rockets on other choppers - the nose gunner does that......

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2005-09-26 00:20:01)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
yea this is a problem cause somtimes people wont get out and they be an asshole about it, its like i want me and my friend(who is an UBER Gunner) to be in the chopper. but sometimes u get an ass who wont take turns
MCM13276
+1|6765
Can appreciate the idea of killing someone for annoying you, however a bit childish all the same.... Must take a good bit of skill though to gt that close....mmm..
Must rememer to jump if i am abducted in that manner...
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6777
How many potential teamkillers do we have here? Come on, with vehicles it's always first come, first served.
You should have realised that by now...
96D
+0|6745|Maryland, USA
A pilot sticking the nose of an attack chopper into the non-playable area while keeping himself in the safe zone? It sucks that it happened but damn, you gotta admit that's some precision flying there.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6808|A Small Isle in the Tropics

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Apparently (according to Mikeshw) Taiwanese servers are the worst for in-team-fighting and TK'ing
did i say that? I invoke the 1st Amendment! but wait..I am not an American citizen..

actually its not just taiwanese servers..a couple of other asian servers too.. and i have seen players on aussie servers who would boot out someone in a 3-full squad for no reason (sorry Invader, not all aussies behave sportingly like Kontrolcrimson and you).. but by and large, aussie and kiwi players are great to play with (i get invited to form up a squad in aussie servers than anywhere else)

some asian servers had rounds where they played without commander and refuse to let anyone else be the commander. as soon as someone signs up, and faster than you can say EA SUCKS, the mutiny votes starts.

my most enjoyable moments came from playing with fellow BF2S forum mates

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard