TGMaverick
+16|6248
And don't forget that many IRL races are run on the same tracks that NASCAR uses.

* Indy
* Kansas Speedway
* Texas
* Michigan
* Homestead
* Richmond
* Watkins Glen
* Kentucky (NASCAR Busch Series)
* Chicagoland
* Infineon

In fact, looking at the 2007 IRL schedule, the majority of the races that IRL runs are at tracks that NASCAR also runs at.  Interesting...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6241|Escea

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

I think kyle's the only european who watches NASCAR.
well it shows theirs hope for the boys across the pond
I watch it on the odd occasion that its on our TV, usually a Friday.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6537|Πάϊ
@ OP: Nascar requires no skill compared to other kinds of racing. And of course that's why its boring. What ever happened to right turns?
ƒ³
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America
Alright, this topic has turned into a circuit course. We literally are going past the same points over and over. How in tarnation did a racing topic become like a course?

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Car does the work........in Nascar and F1.................. meh
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6690|Colorado
It takes endurance , skill & a love for driving, my hats off to all the drivers.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR
I race Go Karts and im absolutely sick of people saying it does not take skill. All forms of Motor racing take skill and endurance.

Last edited by pers0nah (2007-07-26 12:09:22)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

TrollmeaT wrote:

It takes endurance , skill & a love for driving, my hats off to all the drivers.
So does sex
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR

usmarine2005 wrote:

Car does the work........in Nascar and F1.................. meh
does it fuck, maybe more so in Nascar but in F1 absolutely not. With the driver being submitted to 3-4 G's on most tracks and still having to get the car round the corner is pretty much an impossible task for a normal person and to over take another car round the corners? The skill and physical endurance that requires is phenominal. The car is the racing drivers tool. not the other way around.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6680|USA
I wish I could get paid to drive. I do it everyday.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6586|Mountains of NC

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/Donkeyshawn1979/shawb011.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6680|USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210 … awb011.jpg
Who disagrees with this:

The man driving that UPS truck works 10 times harder than the asshole driving the Nascar racermobiles.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

I think kyle's the only european who watches NASCAR.
well it shows theirs hope for the boys across the pond
If anything, there'd be hope if we were fans of F1.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Who disagrees with this:

The man driving that UPS truck works 10 times harder than the asshole driving the Nascar racermobiles.
depends on your defention, our ups guy never leaves his truck - pulls up tosses your box and drives away ----- remember the ups driver don't load the truck
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Who disagrees with this:

The UPS guy doesnt live by a strict fitness regime and strict diet rules.
taxi2you
+22|6662|Missouri
NASCAR might not take "skill" but the drivers are very skilled.  Jeff Gorden jumped in Juan Montoyas F1 car from 2004 at Indy road coarse of was 1 second off the pole time within 30 min.  It wasn't luck and the car was tuned down a bit.

Last edited by taxi2you (2007-07-27 00:12:01)

Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6750|Cambridge, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Just a regular question, does NASCAR regulate the ammount of power one car can have, or is it like free for all (like F1.)?
its highly regulated
huh? F1 is very highly regulated. why do you think they recently all downsizes their engines, dont use turbos and arent allowed full slicks? :p
JG1567JG
+110|6606|United States of America

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Just a regular question, does NASCAR regulate the ammount of power one car can have, or is it like free for all (like F1.)?
its highly regulated
huh? F1 is very highly regulated. why do you think they recently all downsizes their engines, dont use turbos and arent allowed full slicks? :p
I think what Bernidictus was wondering is if all the cars have the same horsepower or have to be the same as far as tires, shocks, gas, restricter plates.  In Nascar the rules are there to keep the cars as close to each other as possible so it is up to the driver more than the car. In Nascar when one type of car ,weather it be Ford, Chevy, or whatever make, is clearly faster than the others then Nascar will make a rule change such as the allowable height of the rear spoiler might be reduced to even the cars up.

Somebody said ignorantly that Nascar drivers couldn't handle even racing in a Indy car and making right hand turns.  Well, Tony Stewart used to race Indy cars before Nascar and won a points championship I think in his last year of racing in Indy Cars.  Robbie Gorden used to race in the Indianapolis 500 along with Stewart and then jump on a helicopter and plane an fly out to race in the night race for Nascar all in the same day.  Since Indiana went to Daylight Saving Time and The Indy 500 changed the start time of the race this is no longer possible for the drivers to do.

I'm not putting down F1 in anyway but as far as F1 racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  F1 had a chance to get a foothold here in the states again and draw over 100,000 people to a race and F1 blew it.  There will not be a F1 race at IMS in 08 but there will be a MotoGp race that I am sure will be more exciting than the fiasco that F1 pulled off in 06 when only like 3-6 cars even competed after the first lap, the rest just pulled into the pits after one lap and quite. What a joke.  It was a problem with the tire composition not being able to handle the track but the few drivers that did race was using a different brand of tires that didn't have a problem.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-07-27 06:05:51)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6253|S.A. Australia
I'm an aussie, but I still enjoy watching the NASCAR racing, and i can appreciate the difficulty of the sport.  Driving a NASCAR takes a different kind of skill to an F1 car, but is still skill none the less.  F1's require pinpoint accuracy on a static circuit where all the cars are lined up unless overtaking, but in order to keep touch with the field, you have to be able to nail a damn near perfect lap time after time.  NASCAR requires pinpoint accuracy on a less difficult track, but where the environment the cars are creating is constantly changing, and a slight error will either end up with you at the back of the field or plowing into a wall at 300 kph.  If you want the best of both worlds, try the V8 Supercars here in Aus.  Similar to NASCAR but we go left and right
Serious Flex
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6680|USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Who disagrees with this:

depends on your defention, our ups guy never leaves his truck - pulls up tosses your box and drives away ----- remember the ups driver don't load the truck
Wrong. UPS drivers DO load thier own trucks. I've yet to see a UPS driver toss the package like he was a paper boy. Not sure how N.Carolina UPS operates.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Who disagrees with this:

Wrong. UPS drivers DO load thier own trucks. I've yet to see a UPS driver toss the package like he was a paper boy. Not sure how N.Carolina UPS operates.
I don't know how UPS operates around the world, but here I worked for UPS part time early mornings loading the trucks during the xmas season - drivers would come in later jump in there trucks and go (and its not just bc it was the holidays, this is how they are set up all year)

https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/SEREMAKER/ups.jpg

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2007-07-27 06:37:11)

jonsimon
+224|6513

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Who disagrees with this:

No, they don't. My dad did the job, my dad's friend is a current manager, and in august I'll be doing the job. But the drivers do not load their trucks. They drive, and walk to your door. That's it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6511|N. Ireland
derailed, sadly.
trippy982
+34|6416

leetkyle wrote:

derailed, sadly.
Derailed, but not sadly.  Talking about who loads the UPS trucks is more interesting than talking about NASCAR drivers are skillful.

UPS > NASCAr
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6680|USA

trippy982 wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

derailed, sadly.
Derailed, but not sadly.  Talking about who loads the UPS trucks is more interesting than talking about NASCAR drivers are skillful.

UPS > NASCAr
QFT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard