Not Entirely Sane
+6|6677|Just Outside Seattle
Korea would be great, like a better version of BF1942 secret weapons expansion. A while ago Shellshox (I think) mentioned having a map where you could go into all the buildings, that would be AWESOME!!!

Last edited by Not Entirely Sane (2006-02-01 17:47:06)

OpsChief
+101|6692|Southern California
The Korean War could be interesting if they used historical balance which will make it completely uninteresting to videogamers. Why?

The teams would be 40 NK/CHI v 20 ROK/UN. Only 20 of the 40 NK/CHI would have weapons, the second ranks would have to grab kits from the fallen to fight. UN M4/M24 tanks would get owned by the Russian built T34s for part of the game. Rifles would misfire tanks would break down. Airpower would be off balanced too. Artillery would be massed and devastating taking out the entire flag area for 3 blocks. Most UN infantrymen would have 1-2 rifle grenades so everyone would be a noobtoober. Massive minefields with mixed mines. Some defenses like WWI. Some of the UN kits would be cooks and clerks. The need to figure out how to have mud everywhere. Teamwork would be the only way to win for either side.

I like it.
shadowdark1974
+0|6680|San Diego
how about a BF MAX or somthing where you could pick maps from all three of the games. then Set the time for what kits and such would be in it. I.E. BF1942 Maps with BF2SF kits. Or even make it where the you pick the map and every other aspect is ramdom from all three games and the add ons.
Chillay-14
+21|6695
id love to see a new age lyk futuristic won lyk has anyone played command and conquer renegade coz thats a good style of gaming
Jock3h^
+0|6733|Greenock (SCO)
BC
caveman v Dinosaur
caveman can have Rock & an upcrade to a bolder
or a twig and upgrade to Club
Dinosaur can have the air with teradactil land with stegasaurus & sea with the loch ness monster
Freshmetal
+0|6677
How about like the year 3000 with space battles and stuff like that
Apoly
+2|6672|Grand Haven, Michigan
I can see it now...Battlefield 1342.  Medieval whoopass!!  Kits include: Knight, Swordsman, Archer, and the ever popular, lowly Peasant Who Throws Rocks and has Pointy Sticks.

My life would be complete!
stampthelamp
+0|6671

ruthless20 wrote:

How about insted of a new time period how about they make BF2 not suck first?
if it sucks so much why have you played 189 hours.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
50s and 60s Cold War Battles that never happend. you could make the USSR stuff work a lot better so NATO wouldn't walk all over them ever round like in reality.
OpsChief
@Horseman 77

Or give them more of the crap load to use like 2-3:1 WARSAW PACT v NATO. And add a prototype package for the weapons that never made it to production.

On the other hand this could be a mod from BF: Vietnam or Secret Weapons.

@apoly

People would just Horse whore or Siege whore or maybe use aimbots to make headshots at 1000 paces with a Trebuchet.  Lone wolf noobs would use pikes solo.  And the excessive TKs with pointy pitchforks would get your stats wiped by EA.

@Jock3h^

How about Neanderthal v homosapiens?

This is all sounding like a zoomed in version of Age of Empires.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
I am already a Horse whore.

When we get a good one I dont tell anyone. I stall camp him.
If he's a bad one I don't tell anyone. Its like a booby trap. lol
Zzoo(+)oomM
+1|6853
i think it should be the cowboy\indian war...ride soem friggin horses with bow and arrows baby!!!!!
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6723|Germany

Apoly wrote:

I can see it now...Battlefield 1342.  Medieval whoopass!!  Kits include: Knight, Swordsman, Archer, and the ever popular, lowly Peasant Who Throws Rocks and has Pointy Sticks.

My life would be complete!
Nice idea ... would be the fork and the flail the unlocks for the peasant?

I don't know, but this somewhat reminds me of Battlefield Highlander....
OpsChief
How about modern computer wars? they could make a bunch of people battling it out worldwide on the internet and you could get upgrades and patches and oh wtf.....nvm
Maverick_Fighter
+0|6668
Battlefield 3: THIRD GRADE            faculty against kids
kid Kits
Dork- like the engineer and can fix stuff, has a pencil he can stab people with.
Bully- Like assualt, has a straw with paper and some erasers for a dust cloud.
Retard-like the medic, has a helmet that he bashs critically wounded kids with to put them out of their misery:)
Cool kid- like spec ops, he throws food and has a rope to climb up on top of the school with.
Abused kid- like the sniper, he has a sniper rifle.
Some little girl- like the support kit, she throws boogers.

Faculty kits
janitor- like engineer, has a broom and a bucket of puke
science teacher- like assualt, throws acid and other chemicals
nurse- gives wounded people crackers regardless of how bad the injury.
history teacher- strangles kids with flags and has a grappling hook
guidance counciler who snapped- like the sniper, has an M95
reading teacher- gives ammo and yells at people

Vehicles
skateboard
teacher's car
School bus
hijackable police helicopters (dont ask why they are there... they just are)
Wheel chair with buzz saw blade launcher

Tell me that isnt the best one yet.

Last edited by Maverick_Fighter (2006-02-09 08:47:09)

pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6750|cairns australia

the_heart_attack wrote:

i think they should make bf war on terror!!!

none of the players no really why they are there and you say you know where the flags are but then as the round gets longer you get lucky and capture one but then realise you have no clue where the others are are.
plus the rounds go on long after it should have ended!
went straight through to the keeper lol you cynic
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6726|Sweden
You people really need to think seriously. Making a Korea war game would be exactly like BF1942.. Theres like no diffrence. And a civil war-indian war won't be seriously cause the big european market would find that uninteresting and start playing WOW instead
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6706|Tampa Bay Florida

Maverick_Fighter wrote:

Battlefield 3: THIRD GRADE            faculty against kids
kid Kits
Dork- like the engineer and can fix stuff, has a pencil he can stab people with.
Bully- Like assualt, has a straw with paper and some erasers for a dust cloud.
Retard-like the medic, has a helmet that he bashs critically wounded kids with to put them out of their misery:)
Cool kid- like spec ops, he throws food and has a rope to climb up on top of the school with.
Abused kid- like the sniper, he has a sniper rifle.
Some little girl- like the support kit, she throws boogers.

Faculty kits
janitor- like engineer, has a broom and a bucket of puke
science teacher- like assualt, throws acid and other chemicals
nurse- gives wounded people crackers regardless of how bad the injury.
history teacher- strangles kids with flags and has a grappling hook
guidance counciler who snapped- like the sniper, has an M95
reading teacher- gives ammo and yells at people

Vehicles
skateboard
teacher's car
School bus
hijackable police helicopters (dont ask why they are there... they just are)
Wheel chair with buzz saw blade launcher

Tell me that isnt the best one yet.
LMFAO!!!! great ... lol just great.

I know it would be morally sickening and cause a lot of controversy... but

Battlefield 3:2020

USA is in a state of civil war.  Republicans type soldiers against democratic type soldiers (or neo-conservatives vs. liberals)

I know it'd be bad but still, I would try it out if it was a real game
OpsChief

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

You people really need to think seriously. Making a Korea war game would be exactly like BF1942.. Theres like no diffrence. And a civil war-indian war won't be seriously cause the big european market would find that uninteresting and start playing WOW instead
Shifty you have a couple of points but if you change indians/american civil war to read 'colonial expansion period' then the whole world can play happily.

The "Forgotten War" had some similarities to WWII but it wasn't the same at all. Being one of the classic examples of the Cold War's limited military/police actions it is an exercise in limitations and frustrations. The Korean War was very unbalanced in almost every category and that makes for a very interesting wargame. If you could somehow capture the nature of that war into a game scenario it would make for a challenging game and alot of fun too.

But it might be beyond most peoples interest because who wants to fight against 3 to 1 odds even if you have better equipment? In fact maybe it would be better as a Team vs Environment type game so you could have a platoon of 32 soldiers fighting a company of enemy soldiers. Or a platoon of T34 tanks fighting a company of MK4 Shermans.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-09 15:38:39)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

OMG u guys didnt come up with this one, (i think, because i didnt read all 5 pages of useless crap) dino wars

kits
t- rex: kills everything in sight
everything else: dies to t-rex
meteor: jihad jeeper/ suicide bomber, kills everything at once
caveman: historically inaccurately evolves and nukes t-rex's and blows up meteors (takes 2 billion years to fully progress)

sounds fun!
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
GrammatonCleric
+0|6668|Houston, TX
I think the next BF should be in the future, with laser guns and stuff like that.  Give EA a chance to use their imaginations and do something other than WW1 and our little war on nothing.  I'm personally against Bush and our little joke of a war costing American soldiers their lives and people their families.  I am glad that people are starting to finally understand Bush is full of it and his WMD idea was bull.  To hide the main issue, he distracted the attention by making a big deal out of a little thing called gay marriage, nobody's business, and anybody who has problems with gays getting married should mind their own business and think a little less about gays, besides why shouldn't they have to suffer through marriages like the rest of us?  Anyway, little political lesson... believe what you want, but Bush and Hitler are different ***holes doing the same **** in my opinion.
Yeah, as i was saying, lasers are the way to go .
shadowdark1974
+0|6680|San Diego
You know what I think everone here is missing a few battles from the past that might be put together for a great battlefield game. Think cowboys and indians, think the civil war THE ALAMO! think you could have done better and held against the mexicans? When growing up were you the cowboy or the indians? Spears bows and arrows agains a lever action rifle and old powder and ball musket! Horses and wagons.......I think that i would be a challange to say the least! not to mention fun.        What do you all think?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
Urban Vs Suburbs

Assign attributes as you see fit.

Ball Caps..................................... Striaght or sideways

Pants ...................................fit or really droppy

Commands ......................... one side could just say " yo yo yo " no matter what F1 key you pressed.

Some Vehicles like in BFV .......could play Hard Core and Hair Band Stuff and

Other team vehicles .............. would just go  " thump thump thump " with Extra Bass

One team .............................wouldnt or couldnt  see Tags tags and would kill each other an awfull lot.

One Team ............................would hold pistols Sideways over their heads and fire it.

One team .............................could jump high and have a faster Sprint.

Add your own as you see fit.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6809|Jupiter

H0ly(rap wrote:

though not so much as crappy weapons , as just not as tech. advanced as some of these other guns and stuff, or you know maby an American Civil War based game that would also be pretty cool
Bing Bing Bing!!, awsome, North Vs. South, that would be a great way to start some more flames again, it would be segrigated once again, lmfao, i could see it... "YOU DIRTY SOUTHER MOTHER F**CKER!"... i can see it now.... "YOU NEW YORK WANKER, GET A NEW ACCENT FAGGOT!"
OpsChief

Horseman 77 wrote:

Urban Vs Suburbs

lmao!!!

tagging instead of flag capping

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard