FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp- … id=5739143

Does the declaration of him being "legally dead", put the attackers facing a murder charge, or just attempted murder?

And what do you think of this incident?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6617|Mhz

Probabaly manslaughter, doesnt sound pre-meditated, aiming for the head shows they wanted to kill him though.
Stizz
+8|6246|New Jersey
Well he isnt going to be alive any longer after friday, which is a direct result of him being shot in the head, therefore it really isnt "attempted" murder.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6388|fåking denmark
Shocking ..

It can be a charge of "violence, with death to follow" ?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire
Terrible, he was supposedly a bit of a 'gentle giant' too. Those little scumbags should be done for murder.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA
I fail to see the damn question here. This guy was shot in the head, and his life has ended because of it. It is murder and those thugs should be trid for murder and if found guilty, executed.

You are blowing me away with this, well lets only charge them with as little possible bullshit
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6386
Good thing you have the strict gun control laws that prevent this kind of act.

Here in the US it would probably be murder 2, but depending on the time between the confrontation and the shots being fired it could be murder 1.
Either way its not a case of manslaughter or attempted murder. This is a clear case of homicide, the damage inflicted by the suspect(s) directly resulted in the victims death.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

lowing wrote:

I fail to see the damn question here. This guy was shot in the head, and his life has ended because of it. It is murder and those thugs should be trid for murder and if found guilty, executed.

You are blowing me away with this, well lets only charge them with as little possible bullshit
They don't have the death penalty in Britain. They only have that kind of thing in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United States.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

They don't have the death penalty in Britain. They only have that kind of thing in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United States.
LMAO!!.........Yeah, cause England is chock fulla lenient history in its treatment of its criminals.

Gimme a fuckin' break
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

LMAO!!.........Yeah, cause England is chock fulla lenient history in its treatment of its criminals.

Gimme a fuckin' break
Ya...If only there were an island we could ship criminals off to that would be big enough.....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Gimme a fuckin' break
Ya...If only there were an island we could ship criminals off to that would be big enough.....
How about an island.............lets say.........the size of.....ohhhhhh I dunno.............ENGLAND???!!!

Sounds like a criminal could live a pretty easy life there, since apparently punishing them inhumane

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-26 18:45:45)

ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6194|Cali

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Probabaly manslaughter, doesnt sound pre-meditated, aiming for the head shows they wanted to kill him though.
you're kidding right?
Pre-meditated is something planned obvioulsy, but manslaughter? get the fuck out of here.
My best friend died of a gunshot wound to the head in an attempted car jacking.
The suspect, killed her, ran away carjacked another driver a day later under threat of killing him, broke into a house, got into a shoot-out with the home owner, and finally got into a shoot-out with the police in which he was shot in the leg and captured.
All he got 10 yrs for 2nd degree murder, cuz he couldn't remember pulling the trigger and that the gun just went off.
This drug abusing bitch ass cholo ruined the lives of so many by taking a beautiful girls life and he gets mercy.
When you pull a gun, you got something planned. When you aim it at someone's head, you MEAN TO KILL. When you fire 4 fucking shots, its not manslaughter.

edit: spelling

Last edited by ARCHANGEL1941 (2007-07-26 18:49:31)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Gimme a fuckin' break
Hey guys, I'm Irish ...I know full well how horrible the history of the British justice system is.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

you're kidding right?
Pre-meditated is something planned obvioulsy, but manslaughter? get the fuck out of here.
The suspect, killed her, ran away carjacked another driver a day later under threat of killing him, broke into a house, got into a shoot-out with the home owner, and finally got into a shoot-out with the police in which he was shot in the leg and captured.
All he got 10 yrs for 2nd degree murder, cuz he couldn't remember pulling the trigger and that the gun just went off.
This drug abusing bitch ass cholo ruined the lives of so many by taking a beautiful girls life and he gets mercy.
When you pull a gun, you got something planned. When you aim it at someone's head, you MEAN TO KILL. When you fire 4 fucking shots, its not manslaughter.

I agree with you, if you pull the trigger it's quite obvious you've made a very important decision and should face the consequences.
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6194|Cali
Not sure about any other countries justice system, but here in America, it fucking sucks.
Killers get leniency on technicallities.
And a true story happening now,
a 17yr old boy gets a mandatory 10yr prison sentance for having consenual oral sex with a 15yr old girl at a party.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Braddock wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

you're kidding right?

I agree with you, if you pull the trigger it's quite obvious you've made a very important decision and should face the consequences.
As long as those consequences isn't forfeiting your life for the one you took huh?

Better to have him in jail with 3 squares a day and a gym a library and cable TV at the taxpayers expense. We wouldn't want him to suffer now would we? That would be cruel and unusual.
TheLostOne
+11|6510

lowing wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Gimme a fuckin' break
How about an island.............lets say.........the size of.....ohhhhhh I dunno.............ENGLAND???!!!

Sounds like a criminal could live a pretty easy life there, since apparently punishing them inhumane
Was thinking Oz myself, but meh.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

you're kidding right?

As long as those consequences isn't forfeiting your life for the one you took huh?

Better to have him in jail with 3 squares a day and a gym a library and cable TV at the taxpayers expense. We wouldn't want him to suffer now would we? That would be cruel and unusual.
You see this is where your liberal label doesn't fit for me ...I'd rather have them on bread & water and cracking rocks open all day followed by ritual raping every night in the shower block ...but you can't have everything. I oppose the death penalty on three main grounds:

1. It's too easy for them, one moment of suffering and no more torment from the world and their own guilt.

2. Court cases have been found to have delivered incorrect verdicts in hindsight, can't overturn an execution, can you?

3. Society becomes as bad as the tyrant it's supposed to be punishing, watch the Kieslowski movie 'A Short Film About Killing', he captures this quite well http://imdb.com/title/tt0095468/

Last edited by Braddock (2007-07-26 18:59:26)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina

fatherted13 wrote:

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=5739143

Does the declaration of him being "legally dead", put the attackers facing a murder charge, or just attempted murder?

And what do you think of this incident?
Charge the fuckers for murder and then hang them.

Oh wait...  You guys don't have the death penalty...  *snaps fingers*
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

Here in England, virtually every court case that makes the news is because the family is outraged at the sentence given, one guy was drunk while driving and killed someone, he got two or three years, hell I'm sure our life sentences are only 14 years, that's not a life sentence tbh.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

You see this is where your liberal label doesn't fit for me ...I'd rather have them on bread & water and cracking rocks open all day followed by ritual raping every night in the shower block ...but you can't have everything. I oppose the death penalty on three main grounds:

1. It's too easy for them, one moment of suffering and no more torment from the world and their own guilt.

2. Court cases have been found to have delivered incorrect verdicts in hindsight, can't overturn an execution, can you?

3. Society becomes as bad as the tyrant it's supposed to be punishing, watch the Kieslowski movie 'A Short Film About Killing', he captures this quite well http://imdb.com/title/tt0095468/
1. no the suffering is the anticipation of death from the time he is sentenced to the second he dies. That is the punishment.

2. This is true, but I only condone the death sentence when it goes beyond a reasonable doubt and must carry a completely WITHOUT a doubt. DNA seems to be the key to accomplishing that.

3. We will have to disagree with this. I think it shows that society will not tolerate criminal behavior. I am not talking about public executions or some blood bath specticle like in the ME.( which you did try to compare the US to and I find way off base)
chittydog
less busy
+586|6832|Kubra, Damn it!

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Not sure about any other countries justice system, but here in America, it fucking sucks.
Killers get leniency on technicallities.
And a true story happening now,
a 17yr old boy gets a mandatory 10yr prison sentance for having consenual oral sex with a 15yr old girl at a party.
That was overturned a couple months ago and he's out.
Smitty5613
+46|6524|Middle of nowhere, California
wow, banning guns sure works well...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

1. no the suffering is the anticipation of death from the time he is sentenced to the second he dies. That is the punishment.

2. This is true, but I only condone the death sentence when it goes beyond a reasonable doubt and must carry a completely WITHOUT a doubt. DNA seems to be the key to accomplishing that.

3. We will have to disagree with this. I think it shows that society will not tolerate criminal behavior. I am not talking about public executions or some blood bath specticle like in the ME.( which you did try to compare the US to and I find way off base)
I am not vehemently opposed to the death penalty in certain scenarios. I'd be hypocritical to try and say I was, if someone raped my girlfriend or (hypothetical) daughter I myself would kill the person if I got a hold of them and so if you could put them in a dock in front of me and prove beyond doubt that he was the perpetrator, in my heart I would have no difficulty with him receiving the death penalty ...we're probably on (almost) common ground here.

I think you're splitting hairs by saying the Middle Eastern techniques are more brutal or bloodthirsty than the US. To me it's all the same, it's cold hearted execution. You can do it in the street with a few thousand watching or in a gallows with a hundred watching from the gallery, it's the same end result. It is this primitivism that makes me feel more inclined towards not having the death penalty.

But like I said, if I (heaven forbid) found myself in a scenario where I was the victim I might feel differently.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

3. We will have to disagree with this. I think it shows that society will not tolerate criminal behavior. I am not talking about public executions or some blood bath spectacle like in the ME.( which you did try to compare the US to and I find way off base)
I am not vehemently opposed to the death penalty in certain scenarios. I'd be hypocritical to try and say I was, if someone raped my girlfriend or (hypothetical) daughter I myself would kill the person if I got a hold of them and so if you could put them in a dock in front of me and prove beyond doubt that he was the perpetrator, in my heart I would have no difficulty with him receiving the death penalty ...we're probably on (almost) common ground here.

I think you're splitting hairs by saying the Middle Eastern techniques are more brutal or bloodthirsty than the US. To me it's all the same, it's cold hearted execution. You can do it in the street with a few thousand watching or in a gallows with a hundred watching from the gallery, it's the same end result. It is this primitivism that makes me feel more inclined towards not having the death penalty.

But like I said, if I (heaven forbid) found myself in a scenario where I was the victim I might feel differently.
You honestly can see the difference between being strapped to a gurney and having a doctor "put you to sleep" as opposed to lopping your head off in a public square in front of 1000 cheering spectators??

I admit the end result is the same but come on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard