jetxburned
+8|6185
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2007 … as-doomed/

... This has got me so mad (as you can probably already deduce, I live in Texas, but this should be an outrage for anyone in the US).

I know, this is very much expected from one of a few states which requires its office holders to believe in a supreme being.

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi
http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqc … C_TEXT=YES

The fact still remains, THIS IS ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT. This is anti-science as much as it is anti-truth (please note I'm not saying science is complete or absolute truth, but it's mark is much closer to reality than the pixie dust intelligent design idea). First the ten commandments outside of the city's muninciple court and now this?

I think I'm starting to believe the States are deviating to far from the constitution. I'm shaking from anger right now.

Last edited by jetxburned (2007-07-26 02:55:37)

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK
sucks to be texan
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
fuck medical science to that also a bunch of bullshit , pfft who needs doctors when the dude at the gas station can patch you up?
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6385|Melbourne, Australia
Sucks to be in texas. I haaaaaaaate that shit. Its just logic, if it's made well, it will survive.....
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Are you fucking serious about that article of the Texan constitution?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

In Australia we just skip the whole evolution/creation thing .  You should follow suit.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house
Intelligent design fails. The separation of church and state in the south is fucking pathetic. I have lost all hope for Eastern Texas & and the south.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6248|Mo Val, Cali
Haha you have complete fucking idiots running your state. Join California.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

some_random_panda wrote:

In Australia we just skip the whole evolution/creation thing .  You should follow suit.
Or if we delve into the issue, we do science in science classes, and religion in religion class.

These texans are a fucking joke.
PureFodder
+225|6256
America believes strongly in the concept of seperaton of non-Judeo-christian religions and state.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6308|EsSeX

mcminty wrote:

Or if we delve into the issue, we do science in science classes, and religion in religion class.

religion in science classes = 3rd world school
jetxburned
+8|6185

CameronPoe wrote:

Are you fucking serious about that article of the Texan constitution?
Yes. I'll edit the post with a credible source.

S.J.N.P.0717 wrote:

Haha you have complete fucking idiots running your state. Join California.
If I had the ability, I probably would. I've been there once with my school's JROTC class. Much nicer than Texas. Don't know much about politics there though ... except for the Schwarzenegger thing.

I might actually just move out of the US ... maybe.

mcminty wrote:

ouch...

jk. Truly though, the south has always been somewhat of a problem child.
jetxburned
+8|6185

PureFodder wrote:

America believes strongly in the concept of seperaton of non-Judeo-christian religions and state.
LOL so true

Last edited by jetxburned (2007-07-26 02:53:14)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

some_random_panda wrote:

Ya, I've never learned shit about either in school, but I know enough about it from watching some Discovery Channel Programs...

I'd get a online Petition going.

We had a similar situation here in British Columbia where they tried to Introduce a new set of Graduation rules that was a complete waste of our time. I'm not just saying that because it meant extra work for us, it looked good on paper, but in reality it was impractical. If you want to know what I'm talking about just Google "Portfolio and British Columbia".

So someone made a Online Petition and it spread like wildfire throughout schools because everyone hated the new system, we got so many votes for it that the Education Department of BC decided to have a official online vote sponsored by the Government this time, needless to say, they scrapped the whole program, win for the students.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

LT.Victim wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Ya, I've never learned shit about either in school, but I know enough about it from watching some Discovery Channel Programs...

We had a similar situation here in British Columbia where they tried to Introduce a new set of Graduation rules that was a complete waste of our time. I'm not just saying that because it meant extra work for us, it looked good on paper, but in reality it was impractical. If you want to know what I'm talking about just Google "Portfolio and British Columbia".

So someone made a Online Petition and it spread like wildfire throughout schools because everyone hated the new system, we got so many votes for it that the Education Department of BC decided to have a official online vote sponsored by the Government this time, needless to say, they scrapped the whole program, win for the students.
/win
so they nerfed the new education patch?
jetxburned
+8|6185

LT.Victim wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

That's impractical for this location and situation

Secular beliefs are a slight minority here.

Last edited by jetxburned (2007-07-26 03:00:25)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

jetxburned wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

That's impractical for this location and situation

Secular beliefs are a slight minority here.
Ya well, if no one does anything, your gonna get fucked over.
Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida
I honestly dont see the big deal here. Instead of forcing evolution on everyone like its a fact this guy is just teaching creationism.
PureFodder
+225|6256

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

I honestly dont see the big deal here. Instead of forcing evolution on everyone like its a fact this guy is just teaching creationism.
The big deal is one of them is science and the other is idiotic. If some teacher wanted to teach all their pupils that 2+2=5 would you support them?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
...and people worry about the threat of Islamic extremism? I think there is a much more real and imminent threat upon the US.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

It's like banishing all medical science and just believe a miracle will happen.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

It's like banishing all medical science and just believe a miracle will happen.
liek thisses??

topal63
. . .
+533|6688

Evolution is a fact... it is both a theory and a fact. Evolution is science. Evolution has been documented to have happened for real - in this reality - within my lifetime on numerous occasions. Cretinism Creationism is mythology. It is in equality with various creation myths that have existed in many cultures. Judeo-Christian myth is actually a derivative of Sumerian; Egyptian; Canaanite; etc; myths - which predate it - in form and content. Cretinism Creationism is only valid in the classroom - if that class is: comparative mythology (of myth & religions around the world); it is not comparable to Evolution and it is not science in any way (and I.D. theory is even worse than Cretinism Creationism as it is a subversive tactic). Even the Catholic Church knows this (i.e. it's claim is more along the lines of God is the only thing - that can create matter & space) - but literalistic ignorant Protestant puritanical anti-intellectual evangelical Christian America doesn't know this is pure mythology.

(IMO) The worst thing about this type of subversion - is that it ignores known facts - & it ignores its own heritage. Religion itself (everyone in existence) finds its roots in something older, in another: tradition, oral tradition, myth, story, philosophy, etc. The value of the story is subverted and lost - when myth & the symbolism therein - is treated as a literal happenstance as opposed to a psychological truth relating the individual to the source of his being. Getting hung on a word; the valid word describing it; "myth" - is the biggest problem.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-07-27 07:01:27)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Are you from Texas?

Evolution is a fact. Creationism is nonsensical fantasy - that has no place in the classroom.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Please tell me you don't believe in Creationism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard