link52787
+29|6492

cospengle wrote:

link52787 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I volunteer every sunday for 4 hours at a local hospital
I did that when I was in highschool, not only did I get to help people.  The hospital gives me all the food and drinks I want. 
Yum. Hospital food. Do you work for an airline?
Not hospital food.  Cafeteria full of restaruants (well, franchises) 
mmmmmmm.....I was like a All You can Eat buffet!
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

all poor people are poor because of the choices they made, fuck them.

Praise Jesus.
What if they were born poor but couldn't get a decent job because of their educational level?
freakin' liberal excuses.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Reciprocity wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Praise Jesus.
What if they were born poor but couldn't get a decent job because of their educational level?
freakin' liberal excuses.
But weren't you talking about the CHOICES they made? I don't think it's anyones choice to be born into a poor family.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
golgoj4
+51|6745|North Hollywood

Reciprocity wrote:

Praise Jesus.
Funny how this guy can say fuck the poor and praise Jesus in the same post.

And people wonder why religious nuts are the most useless people on the planet, no matter what religion they supposedly follow

Jesus commanded, "Love your neighbor." When asked to define "neighbor," Jesus expanded the traditional meaning of the word--defining our neighbor as anyone who is in need, including social outcasts: "But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed." (Luke 14:13)
Whats it like to be such a hypocritical ass?
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
most of them like being wellfare queens.  If they actually cared about not being Unamerican, i.e. poor, they would have picked themselves up by the bootstraps, got an education at harvard, and made enough money to benefit from our glorious president's tax cuts,  it's really quite simple.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2007-07-25 22:37:43)

N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6411|A drop house
Ya i gave a dude a $1 today outside of a Circle K. Get a fucking job, is what I’m thinking. But when I have spare change il give them a quarter. Although a homeless women with a young baby once asked me if I had any spare change, it was sad. I gave her $10.00.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6101|North Tonawanda, NY
I pay taxes on every paycheck, so I guess you can say I help poor people.

I refuse to help the damn panhandlers though.  I don't care how awesome you say that radio is...I'm not buying it!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Reciprocity wrote:

most of them like being wellfare queens.  If they actually cared about not being Unamerican, i.e. poor, they would have picked themselves up by the bootstraps, got an education at harvard, and made enough money to benefit from our glorious president's tax cuts,  it's really quite simple.
How can one get into harvard without money? And not everyone is a fucking genius.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
After I bought my McDonald burger, the left over change went into their collection box for the Ronald McDonald kids and I bought some worhless magazine subscriptions from my son's school......no idea that is going into i think towards the school. That is how much i get charitable.
Ultimatrox
+38|6204|Netherlands
I gave 20 cents to a homeless women guess what i got in return..

jk
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6365|Evilsville
Yeah! My g/f, she's a student and broke.
Or doesn't that count?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6489|Montucky
I've taken a couple to jail so they didn't get hit on the side of the highway holding their "Gimme Money" signs.

..and they also had active warrants for their arrest.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6527|Kent, UK
i helped teh poor peoples. i dropped teh litter so council-worker-bob could comes and picks it up.
No dropped litterz = Bob's unemployments
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
Every month, without fail. My mum and dad both grew up in relatively poor areas, my mum in inner city Manchester, my dad on a farm in rural NI, and knowing how lucky i/we are to be in a good financial situation, i feel compelled to help charities. I give £5 a month to oxfam, £5 a month to Shelter (A UK based charity), and i'm just about to set off for some volunteer work in Lourdes, France, working in the hospitals.

If i can afford it, and the poor need help, why not help?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6120|Scotland
Never gave a homeless person anything. Most probably never will.
Nintendogamer
+72|6558|Chelmsford, UK
dont give homeless people anything in london, they spend it on drugs and booze, thats what the adverts say, its better to donate to homeless charity, cos if u give a homeless guy money it will more likely make 'em worse.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

I remember seeing a homeless dude sitting in the street once, noticed him a few times, one day I thought 'ah what the hell, I'll give him some money' But just as I walk toward him he friggin stands up, takes off his ragged jacket, opens his trash bag and pulls out a suit jacket, he then pulls off the front of a pair of fake tattered pants to reveal his suit trousers and then pulls out his briefcase and cell phone, I mean like WTF! I hardly ever see any homeless people, there is one guy who lives by the docks though, he's been there for years, he lives behind a wall, though I'm pretty sure he has a house somewhere .
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6669

No.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6315|New York
Yes, I actually give them big bags of bottles and cans each week.
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6120|Scotland
It was in the news some guy in scotland mainly survived off tips from people. He drove a BMW and owned his own house. made like 200 - 500 a day begging. was fucking pathetic tbh.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6297|England
If your referring to the homeless, then no. Every time i walk past a homeless person, they stare at me as if I'm the devil, and if I get too close they spit at me....
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6307
being a poor hobo is a sport where i live.

they are on every street corner at every stop light holding there signs running down the cars begging for money.

this one guy has been a pro for over 25 yrs

stupid idiot needs a job which arnt hard to find here considering everything is hiring.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
I am a poor person
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

Bruce-SuperNub wrote:

It was in the news some guy in scotland mainly survived off tips from people. He drove a BMW and owned his own house. made like 200 - 500 a day begging. was fucking pathetic tbh.
500 you say...hmmmm
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6595|Birmingham, UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bruce-SuperNub wrote:

500 you say...hmmmm
It's in GBP, too. So that's 400-1000 American$. About £100,000 ($200,000) a year, by all accounts. I always thought this was possible, but hadn't actually heard a story about an actual occurrence.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard