scoutmoy
+2|6184|Geneva, Switzerland
Hey!

Maybe someone will be able to help me with this:

I' m trying to learn to fly solo because sometimes it's nearly impossible to find a gunner that will stick with you for an entire round. Some will bail out when hearing the "lock tone" or when he just got in to quickly reach a flag area...  Damn I hate these ones. They steal a seat from some gunner and make nothing out of it !

Ok, then...  to my topic!  I fly with a joystick that has about 9 buttons and one of them is set to bring me from pilot seat to gunner seat. It's working just fine. But the button set to bring me back to pilot seat does not respond. I have to go back to my keyboard and press F1 to do so. This makes me lose time on manoeuvres ( and sometimes I'll even press ESC instead....) .

Can anyone tell me if they are using such settings on their joystick and are able to switch from pilot to gunner seat without the need to reach the keyboard to do so.  How did you configured the position 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 in the helicopter settings?

Thank you.

Last edited by scoutmoy (2007-07-23 22:55:41)

Steveo7800
I Pity The Foo
+7|6383|United States
Keyboard Flying FTW!
scoutmoy
No way man!  I'm used to sticks since the Amiga 500 and F18 Interceptor.  No chances I'll play with my keyboard.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6486|meh-land
the position one button from what i know is unbindable.  I've tried a lot, although its possible you could edit it in in one of the controls files.

a macro will work too, just set it to F1...
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6462|Brisbane, Australia

You could try setting the joystick button to F1, if that makes sense.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6212|Bay Area, CA
I have the same setup as you but I reach over to the keyboard to switch seats. It's worked pretty well for me and I can switch as fast as I need to.

I've flown with my joystick for so long that I'm pretty used to everything that I need to do even though I get crap from the other chopper guys I know for not using the keyboard to fly. I just started trying lately to fly with keyboard, but it's going to take some getting used to at this point.

Macros are for losers imo, but to each their own.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6579|Kent, UK
as far as i remember there is no "switch seats" button, you hit f2 for gunner seat and f1 for pilot seat, so the button on your joystick must be set as "second seat" and so won't switch you from gunner seat to pilot seat.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6164
If you want to solo effectively, there's no substitute for mouse & kb.
Computer_Guy
+54|6719

Steveo7800 wrote:

Keyboard Flying FTW!
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6675|pimelteror.de

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

If you want to solo effectively, there's no substitute for mouse & kb.
E7IXER
Banned
+20|6171|Chester, UK
Stick with the joystick for planes.

Nothing beats keyboard and mouse in the chopper though. Total control of everything.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6502|Trondheim, Norway
For solo-choppering M&K is teh win
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6685|under there hayousaidunderwear
for choppers, m+k is the only way to go
scoutmoy

DooDaH wrote:

Gunner position is land controls...
So switching back to pilot from gunner should be bound in land controls, not helicopter controls...
Ok Thanks. I'll try to do this... sounds good enough to be tried.
SyDuS
+10|6578|vancouver BC

Computer_Guy wrote:

Steveo7800 wrote:

Keyboard Flying FTW!
scoutmoy

scoutmoy wrote:

DooDaH wrote:

Gunner position is land controls...
So switching back to pilot from gunner should be bound in land controls, not helicopter controls...
Ok Thanks. I'll try to do this... sounds good enough to be tried.
Yes it is working! Thank you very much. I already improved my solo flying technic.  Great advice!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard