HempNZ
+0|6137
i jst got me SF expansion pack for bf2 and installed it but it aint workin.
evertime i go in2 serber an error comes up saying, (please revert to unmodified bf2 version) and im not sure of wot to do...

help any1 please add me to hotmail. addy is [email protected] thanx.
kingofkolt
+17|6240|Boston, MA, USA
Go into the shaders_client.zip file in the mods/xpack folder, and copy all the files into the shaders folder in mods/xpack. Then run the 1.41 BF2 patch program (even if you already have), and you should be all set.

EDIT: Actually, it might be that all you need to do is run the BF2 patch, and not the copying of files. However, if running the patch causes an error that doesn't even let you get into SF anymore, then you need to do the copying I just described. Important question, though: Are you using Windows Vista? If so, you need to right-click the shortcut to Battlefield 2 on your computer, and check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator."

Last edited by kingofkolt (2007-07-25 17:05:55)

JaggedPanther
+61|6490
1.41 patch
HempNZ
+0|6137
cheers but now its doin sumfin completly dif, wen i run the game the exe runs in the background but the game aint goin.

(Meaning it dnt go on the load screen or anything). sorry for bein an ass but i have been trying to fix this myself.

oh and all the shaders files r where they belong

Edit: nope no vista, had it but then got rid of it lol.

Last edited by HempNZ (2007-07-25 21:07:01)

pj666
+16|6382|Sydney, Australia
There are other threads on this It is a common problem.  You need to install BF2, SF and the latest patch in the right order. i can never remember what it is. SF comes with whatever patch was the latest at the time but will not be well out of date.

Try to reinstall, BF2, then install SF, then install the latest patch and see how it goes.

But check those other threads out before you do, because I am going off my memory of when I did it about a year ago. But I worked it out without the thread help.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK
I just reinstalled them myself due to a reformat.

1. Install BF2.
2. Install SF
3. Patch to 1.41
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6191|Sydney | ♥

o.O
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
HempNZ
+0|6137
all is goin good now thanx for help every1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard