A personal choice36%36% - 104
A mental disorder26%26% - 75
Other9%9% - 27
Total: 288
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

Bernadictus wrote:

I noticed that those 18 mental disorder votes, have not commented, thus being religious asses.
Not so.

rawls2 wrote:

It contradicts nature. At least nature the way it is suppossed to be. So I vote mental disorder.
In any case:

rawls2 wrote:

There is a lot of sarcasm and a lot of truth, but mostly sarcasm and mostly truth. I still think homosexuality is wrong. However, I would never discriminate against someone who was.
I can appreciate that. I am perfectly tolerant of gays and have friends who are gay (I spent 5 years living in Brighton, so I'm used to seeing lots of gays around). But I don't like it. Something about the thought of 2 guys together makes me cringe. That said, I don't believe it is "wrong" because it's not hurting anyone and everyone has a right to do what they want, that's what freedom is all about.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6135|North Tonawanda, NY

rawls2 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's supposed to be as God intended
Duh!! That's what it says in the bible.

Besides, imagine the world turned gay all of a sudden and there was no fertility clinics. What would happen?
I'll tell you what'll happen. So the world goes gay and little by little the poulation starts shrinking. So the smart bunch of the gays get together and decides, "We need to start procreating again. Let's all pair up opposite sexes and make babies." This seems like a good solution but then the gay men start thinking, "You know, pussy feels alot nicer then butthole." And the women start thinking, "Geez, cock feels much more satisfiying then a couple of fingers." And with those thoughts gays will be no more. Except for the ones that are really sick. But like I said nature is not perfect.
Mature.  Really.  "What if the world turned gay?"

The world isn't going to turn gay.  You have only revealed your homophobia here.

That is an unreasonable scenario to consider.  A 100% gay population would have trouble reproducing and would end after a single generation.  In reality, homosexuals are a minority.  I don't know how large of a minority it is. 

Consider:
How many people would have admitted to being gay before this generation?  Or even now? 
How many are attracted to the same sex, but it is ingrained in them to think that it is an evil desire? 

No one knows how many gay people there are, but I suspect there are a LOT more than those who will admit it.

I have a lot of respect for people with the courage to be openly gay.  They need to have courage because of assholes and bigots, who mock and ridicule instead of just getting on with their lives. 

If it were as simple as "pussy feels alot nicer then butthole" or "cock feels much more satisfiying then a couple of fingers", the answer to "What is Homosexuality?" would already be found.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565

SenorToenails wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Duh!! That's what it says in the bible.

Besides, imagine the world turned gay all of a sudden and there was no fertility clinics. What would happen?
I'll tell you what'll happen. So the world goes gay and little by little the poulation starts shrinking. So the smart bunch of the gays get together and decides, "We need to start procreating again. Let's all pair up opposite sexes and make babies." This seems like a good solution but then the gay men start thinking, "You know, pussy feels alot nicer then butthole." And the women start thinking, "Geez, cock feels much more satisfiying then a couple of fingers." And with those thoughts gays will be no more. Except for the ones that are really sick. But like I said nature is not perfect.
Mature.  Really.  "What if the world turned gay?"

The world isn't going to turn gay.  You have only revealed your homophobia here.

That is an unreasonable scenario to consider.  A 100% gay population would have trouble reproducing and would end after a single generation.  In reality, homosexuals are a minority.  I don't know how large of a minority it is. 

Consider:
How many people would have admitted to being gay before this generation?  Or even now? 
How many are attracted to the same sex, but it is ingrained in them to think that it is an evil desire? 

No one knows how many gay people there are, but I suspect there are a LOT more than those who will admit it.

I have a lot of respect for people with the courage to be openly gay.  They need to have courage because of assholes and bigots, who mock and ridicule instead of just getting on with their lives. 

If it were as simple as "pussy feels alot nicer then butthole" or "cock feels much more satisfiying then a couple of fingers", the answer to "What is Homosexuality?" would already be found.
Not really. My opinion is that it is a disorder. There are plenty of disorders that still exist even though the there are known cures or treatments. I am not a bigot because I feel homosexuality is wrong. If I went out and fired my gay employees then I would be a bigot and in violation of state and federal laws. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
topal63
. . .
+533|6724

rawls2 wrote:

Not really. My opinion is that it is a disorder. There are plenty of disorders that still exist even though the there are known cures or treatments. I am not a bigot because I feel homosexuality is wrong. If I went out and fired my gay employees then I would be a bigot and in violation of state and federal laws. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
Gee thanks for the bigot cliche... Mr. I'mNotaBigot.
Izgard
+0|6126
Thank you, Mr Toenails. That is, in my humble opinion, spot on. And Rawls2, how can homosexuality be a disorder? It is one human being loving another human being. Isn't a disorder something wrong? I'd say you are a bigot. I'd also say you are a small and scared person but I hope you will grow out of it.

Izzy
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6690|United States of America

topal63 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Come on, look at his member title! A better insult would've been Mr. Bigotsworth.
Ratzinger
+43|6397|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
If someone wants to shag chooks, why would that bother you?

All you little kiddies out there whose life experience hasn't fuckin' STARTED yet....Its a VERY strange world out there, and you're gonna come across more "difficult" ethical problems than homo lifestyle. Come back and tell me when you're 40.......
DooM
+28|6312
Dunno probly a mental/genetic issue.

It's pretty complicated but for example if I see a hot bird walking past yeh turn n look or what most would do. But never with any other sex. I am straight and have never had any sort of incline of attraction to any other sex than female.

Therefore I think it's to do with hormonal/genetic make up or even mentality. But I think your born with that really.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565

topal63 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Read a little higher up on this page. I woud never bring harm or ill will on a gay person. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the lifestyle.

@ Bertster7- Good respose, however, if you don't like it most likely it's because somewhere in your core you feel it's not right. Or I could be wrong. Anyways, @ Izgard I've lived long enough to see the progressions of gays in America from the early days of grade school where gays were the devil to my days in highschool where drugs, sex, and wierdness could be found almost everyday at raves, teaparties, etc. It's funny how it went from taboo to shiek. I have close friends that are gay. I don't see them that much anymore, you get older and the frequency of get-togethers drops dramaticaly. But when I do see them I greet them with a hearty hug. I tell them they are sick when they act queer and they just laugh. They know who I am, thats all that matters.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565

DesertFox- wrote:

topal63 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Come on, look at his member title! A better insult would've been Mr. Bigotsworth.
I used to play bf1942 as Mr.Bigglesworth. When I signed up for bf2 I tried to register that name but it was taken, not knowing it was reserved by me. I was quite sad when I found out names where permanent. Oh, well. topal you can call me Mr.Big. That's what the ladies call me.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6582|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Supose we are talking about real gay's not that metro shit...People that are gey did not choose to be this way...i think for myself that its just something your born with and have no control over it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Read a little higher up on this page. I woud never bring harm or ill will on a gay person. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the lifestyle.

@ Bertster7- Good respose, however, if you don't like it most likely it's because somewhere in your core you feel it's not right. Or I could be wrong.
I don't feel it's not right. At all. I just don't like the thought of two men together - that's because I'm straight and the whole notion is quite unpleasant to me. Two women together - now that's worth watching. It's nothing to do with homosexuality or my views on that, my views are purely a product of my own sexual preferences.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Supose we are talking about real gay's not that metro shit...People that are gey did not choose to be this way...i think for myself that its just something your born with and have no control over it.
What you could be describing ("born with it, can't control it") sounds like a genetic/mental disorder. If your a good person your a good person, period, even though you might be inflicted with a disorder.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565

Bertster7 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

@ Bertster7- Good respose, however, if you don't like it most likely it's because somewhere in your core you feel it's not right. Or I could be wrong.
I don't feel it's not right. At all. I just don't like the thought of two men together - that's because I'm straight and the whole notion is quite unpleasant to me. Two women together - now that's worth watching. It's nothing to do with homosexuality or my views on that, my views are purely a product of my own sexual preferences.
But analyze your feelings. Why would it make you feel unpleasent?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6706

rawls2 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

What you could be describing ("born with it, can't control it") sounds like a genetic/mental disorder. If your a good person your a good person, period, even though you might be inflicted with a disorder.

The APA (American Psychological Association) wrote:

Is Homosexuality a Mental Illness or Emotional Problem?

No. Psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is not an illness, a mental disorder, or an emotional problem. More than 35 years of objective, well-designed scientific research has shown that homosexuality, in and itself, is not associated with mental disorders or emotional or social problems. Homosexuality was once thought to be a mental illness because mental health professionals and society had biased information.
http://www.apahelpcenter.org/articles/article.php?id=31
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

But analyze your feelings. Why would it make you feel unpleasent?
Because I'm not attracted to men. If it were homosexuality I found distasteful it would apply equally to girl on girl action - which I am very much in favour of
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565
Psychology and/or psychiatry are not proven sciences. Go to a 10 mathematician with an equation and you'll get 10 identical results. Can you do that with either of the first two professions?
Sorry for the edit, your to fast.

Last edited by rawls2 (2007-07-25 16:12:30)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Psychology and/or psychiatry are not proven sciences. Go to a 10 mathematician with an equation and you'll get 10 identical results. Can you do that with either of the to aforementioned professions?
Careful, you sound almost like a scientologist there......

They are proven sciences, claiming otherwise is just silly.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-07-25 16:12:31)

topal63
. . .
+533|6724

rawls2 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

topal63 wrote:

I used to play bf1942 as Mr.Bigglesworth. When I signed up for bf2 I tried to register that name but it was taken, not knowing it was reserved by me. I was quite sad when I found out names where permanent. Oh, well. topal you can call me Mr.Big. That's what the ladies call me.
Eww, that's gay... I am not calling you Mr.Big.

P.S. The bigot thing is mostly one-sided (IMO), straight towards gay, but not always... Last time I went to SF - I experienced the assumption of being a bigot based solely upon appearances. I have two looks: uber-conservative businessman with short hair, or hippie-commie-pinko with long hair - at the time I was sporting short hair & a business suit. And one night (at a restaurant) I received (together with the rest of the trip) a disproportionate amount of innuendo inferring I was hostile to gays and or religious (and I am not either). One waiter was so fucking rude and condescending to me... my wife started to laugh. And then he would turn around and service a gay couple at another table in a completely polite manner.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6706

rawls2 wrote:

Psychology and/or psychiatry are not proven sciences. Go to a 10 mathematician with an equation and you'll get 10 identical results. Can you do that with either of the to aforementioned professions?
I see, so the people whose job it is to diagnose and treat mental disorders say that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. This is an almost universally arrived at conclusion in the scientific, medical, and psychiatric/psychological communities. Decades of research to back it up, etc. etc.

You say it is a mental disorder.

Which opinion do you really think is more informed?
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6565

Skruples wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

I see, so the people whose job it is to diagnose and treat mental disorders say that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. This is an almost universally arrived at conclusion in the scientific, medical, and psychiatric/psychological communities. Decades of research to back it up, etc. etc.

The one in my heart.
Anyways, good debate. Finally a fresh thread from serge. Good debating all, I need to play video games now.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

rawls2 wrote:

Anyways, good debate. Finally a fresh thread from serge. Good debating all, I need to play video games now.
I don't know how to take that, as a compliment or an insult.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6645|Your moms bedroom
my cousin is gay... he definetly liked chicks when we were younger, they just didnt like him back
Izgard
+0|6126

rawls2 wrote:

Skruples wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

The one in my heart.
That's one way to chicken out when you have no good arguments left. "The one in my heart...". Horseshit! You are a bigot, and what's worse, you are probably uneducated as well. Damn, I despise small minded persons.

Izzy
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6135|North Tonawanda, NY

rawls2 wrote:

I hadn't actually accused you of being a bigot.  I made a reference to bigots in my previous post, when I said that I respect gay people who have the courage to deal with that kind of treatment.  After the "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" bit, I am pretty damn convinced that you are not only a bigot, but also foolish. 

The term "bigot" refers to a prejudiced person who is intolerant of reasoning or opinions that aren't theirs.  Being anti-gay does not make you a bigot.  Throwing around logic like "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" does.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard