TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6432|Brisbane, Australia

Funniest Post on BF2S:

Africa_18 in the other thread wrote:

I only play the demo so far, but I am the best. Most of the time, I just use a knife because I find that using gun is unfair to the other players.  If I use a knife at least they've got a chance.  I figure that when I get the full version, I'll likely be in the top 5 players within about a week.  I know that its different than the demo, but the dynamics are essentially the same, so I'll have it mastered too.  I wish I could post some stats to show everybody how good I am but the demo doesn't keep stats.  Suffice it to say that in the several months that I've been playing, I've been killed only twice. Most of the time, I play assault.  I never fly jets, heli's and only sometimes do I drive tanks.  When I first started, I got all my kills using the m16, but after I was getting over 100 kills per round, I switched to knife only....now I get about 70 (average) kills per round. Anyway, I can't wait to get the full version because I look forward to seeing my name in the top five.  Not to worry you or anything, but for the first couple of days after I get the full version, I will be using the m16, but I promise to switch back to knife after I get a feel for the game.
The thread
His Stats

lolpwnt.

edit: coloured for emphasis.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-07-24 00:38:26)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6571|Columbus, OH
I'd say let the guy be delusional. Heck EVERYONE wants to be like Tiger Woods, Ric Flair or Michael Vick (QB for the
Atlanta Falcons).  We got a good laugh...brighten your spirits.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6294

Afrika_18 wrote:

Its true, its just pressing buttons man.  All this talk about whose got more skill than who is a bunch of bologna.  THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED IN VIDEO GAMES!!  Now golf, tennis...that takes skill.  Hunting?  Stock-Car Racing?  That takes skill.  Pressing a bunch of buttons?  Don't make me laugh, video games are all about who sees who first.   So to all of those 1337 pwnz0rz who think they're hot shit because they can press a bunch of buttons can bite my arse.  Try to pull a salmon out of a live great white shark's gullet...then you can come and talk to me about skill.
Don't worry, I will get you some tampons.

Sometimes I start my period early to.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51
Retard.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6549|Kent, UK
people like Afrika should get reset in RL v1.0
or at least Guid banned...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Funniest Post on BF2S:

Africa_18 in the other thread wrote:

I only play the demo so far, but I am the best. Most of the time, I just use a knife because I find that using gun is unfair to the other players.  If I use a knife at least they've got a chance.  I figure that when I get the full version, I'll likely be in the top 5 players within about a week.  I know that its different than the demo, but the dynamics are essentially the same, so I'll have it mastered too.  I wish I could post some stats to show everybody how good I am but the demo doesn't keep stats.  Suffice it to say that in the several months that I've been playing, I've been killed only twice. Most of the time, I play assault.  I never fly jets, heli's and only sometimes do I drive tanks.  When I first started, I got all my kills using the m16, but after I was getting over 100 kills per round, I switched to knife only....now I get about 70 (average) kills per round. Anyway, I can't wait to get the full version because I look forward to seeing my name in the top five.  Not to worry you or anything, but for the first couple of days after I get the full version, I will be using the m16, but I promise to switch back to knife after I get a feel for the game.
The thread
His Stats

lolpwnt.

edit: coloured for emphasis.
That's going in the BF2s history thread!
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6408|Melbourne, Australia

Buckles wrote:

people like Afrika should get reset in RL v1.0
or at least Guid banned...
No wai! It's like cdogmn without having to wince at the excessive racial/homosexual discrimination and stream of obscenities all the time. Value for money.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6337|New York
Video games are certainly not as physically demanding as other sports but they require hand-eye coordination, concentration, good reflexes, and fast reaction time.  Saying they take no skill and comparing them to outdoor sports is idiotic.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6633|Your moms bedroom
Afrika_18 must still be dominating in the demo version

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-07-24 07:42:01)

Afrika_18
+26|6535
anyone can push a button...and that's all you have to do in video games: push buttons...its all the luck of who sees who first...and that's just how it is.  A lotta people here are postin stuff like "tennis don't take skill cause ya just gotta move ur arms" an shit like that to mock me.  Well...arms are a lot harder to move than pushing buttons man and you can take that to teh bank, muthafukkaz.  Moving arms and legs takes skill, pushing buttons doesn't.
Afrika_18
+26|6535

Villain{NY} wrote:

Video games are certainly not as physically demanding as other sports but they require hand-eye coordination, concentration, good reflexes, and fast reaction time.  Saying they take no skill and comparing them to outdoor sports is idiotic.
that what you think?

Ur a duffus, cause pushin buttons don't mean shit.  Wayne Gretzky?  He's got skill.  Some kid shootin' stuff in a video game?  Needs to take a pill.

yo' w'm sayn?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6382
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/waah.gif

Pretty much everything in this world takes skill. Some are natural some are learned.
If playing video games didn't take any skill everyone would be the same.

Is typing quickly a skill? Because some get paid pretty well to type all day long. All they are doing is "pressing buttons", yet they are considered skilled and paid for their skill - court reporter is one that comes to mind. I am a computer aided designer. I "push buttons" all day long, yet it is a skill that you could not do without the education and experience. Construction work is a skill also, but working on computers usually pays better - sitting behind a desk all day gets old though.

In video games like BF2 there is skill. The standard hand-eye coordination plus situation awareness, preparation and adaptivity. Players come across many scenarios in BF2 and how those situations are handled is part of the skill involved. It is NOT who sees who first. I kill a lot of people who see me first and get the first string of shots off first. There is obviously skill because you can tell the difference between new players and experienced players.

You are obviously frustrated with the game (or a game), which happens. Take a break and enjoy something else rather than trying to insult everyone else.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/alc.gif

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-07-25 10:13:20)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6589|Michigan, USA

west-phoenix-az wrote:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123 … s/waah.gif

Pretty much everything in this world takes skill. Some are natural some are learned.
If playing video games didn't take any skill everyone would be the same.

Is typing quickly a skill? Because some get paid pretty well to type all day long. All they are doing is "pressing buttons", yet they are considered skilled and paid for their skill - court reporter is one that comes to mind. I am a computer aided designer. I "push buttons" all day long, yet it is a skill that you could not do without the education and experience. Construction work is a skill also, but working on computers usually pays better - sitting behind a desk all day gets old though.

In video games like BF2 there is skill. The standard hand-eye coordination plus situation awareness, preparation and adaptivity. Players come across many scenarios in BF2 and how those situations are handled is part of the skill involved. It is NOT who sees who first. I kill a lot of people who see me first and get the first string of shots off first. There is obviously skill because you can tell the difference between new players and experienced players.

You are obviously frustrated with the game (or a game), which happens. Take a break and enjoy something else rather than trying to insult everyone else.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123 … ms/alc.gif
Nail+Head come to mind +1
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

Afrika_18 wrote:

Villain{NY} wrote:

that what you think?

Ur a duffus, cause pushin buttons don't mean shit.  Wayne Gretzky?  He's got skill.  Some kid shootin' stuff in a video game?  Needs to take a pill.

yo' w'm sayn?
YEAH. YOU'RE ALL DUFFUS'S. YOU...BIG...POOPIEHEADS.

So even though video games have been proven to help hand-eye coordination and your motor skills, they require no skill?

You're a dumbass.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6514

Afrika_18 wrote:

Try to pull a salmon out of a live great white shark's gullet...then you can come and talk to me about skill.
wtf?

What the hell kind of hobby is that?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

Sarrk wrote:

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THE PUMP IS!?

And now, I will propose that Afrika's new member title is Chicken and Watermelon. Thats right, I used a stereotype.
And kool-aid and drive-bys and a boombox.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6769|Kansas, USA

Afrika_18 wrote:

Its true, its just pressing buttons man.  All this talk about whose got more skill than who is a bunch of bologna.  THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED IN VIDEO GAMES!!  Now golf, tennis...that takes skill.  Hunting?  Stock-Car Racing?  That takes skill.  Pressing a bunch of buttons?  Don't make me laugh, video games are all about who sees who first.   So to all of those 1337 pwnz0rz who think they're hot shit because they can press a bunch of buttons can bite my arse.  Try to pull a salmon out of a live great white shark's gullet...then you can come and talk to me about skill.
I don't think video games take a "useful" skill, but it is a skill nonetheless. Knowing when to reload, use a grenade, and other factors do take skill. Just because you are good at one game has nothing to do with being good in another game.

You say that "Stock-Car racing" takes skill. Well, there's two problems with that. 1) Someone could state that stock car racing is just turning a wheel and pressing pedals and is not a skill at all. or 2) Someone could argue that there are Stock-car racing video games where they use a wheel and pedals - and they race against other humans, so it would be as much a skill as real stock-car racing.

Again, I'm not stating that being good at video games is a worthwhile skill, nor one that people should be boast about, but it is a skill. But, I agree 100% that these people that feel the need to put others down for being "noobs" or to express how "leet" they are are just pitiful. little people.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6337|New York

Afrika_18 wrote:

Villain{NY} wrote:

that what you think?

yo' w'm sayn?
What an interesting and well thought out response to my post, your argument is compelling, your grammar is top notch, and your point is valid and should truly result in the closing of this post because no one can top what you wrote above. <----------------[sarcasm]

If you read my post, which I doubt you even can, you'd notice that I said there really is no comparison between physical sports and video games, they're apples and oranges.  However, playing video games does require a certain level of skill hence the reason some players are better than others, and some people, such as yourself, flat out suck.  Have a nice day douche bag.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland

Locoloki wrote:

Afrika_18 wrote:

Stock-Car Racing.
ummm right, is that the one were you make left hand turns for 100 laps?
NASCAR takes skill. The drivers have to stay in line for a perfect draft, and under no circumstances spin. You try doing that - because I guarantee that you won't be able to. It takes a lot of practice.
Afrika_18
+26|6535
Ize lmao at all U morons respondin' t' dis post.  Now I KNOWZ y'all doan have any skill.  Y' know why?  Cuz any1 who responz t' a trollz post is jus' a fish, man!!  Y'all a bunch a muthafukkin fish!!  An I jus' reeled y'all in, an sucked ya' into my li'l world an' I"m heeya at my job, rofflmfao atcha'all!!  FISH DOAN HAVE ANY SKILL!!  BUT TROLLERS DO!  IN FACT, I GOT ABOUT 4 PAGES WORTH 'A SKILL OUT THE INITIAL POST!!  THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES FISHIES!!

Oh yea...almos' fo'got: y'all reddy 4 da pump?
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6549|Kent, UK
you mean Wiggas? he's blatantla a little fat 13 year old white kid listening to 50cent with his baggy clothes and crappy NYY baseball cap on sideways.
"Wiggah NOT!" (Spoonerism for those who don't get the reference)
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

Buckles wrote:

you mean Wiggas? he's blatantla a little fat 13 year old white kid listening to 50cent with his baggy clothes and crappy NYY baseball cap on sideways.
"Wiggah NOT!" (Spoonerism for those who don't get the reference)
Lol 50 cent supports Bush.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock

Afrika_18 wrote:

Ize lmao at all U morons respondin' t' dis post.  Now I KNOWZ y'all doan have any skill.  Y' know why?  Cuz any1 who responz t' a trollz post is jus' a fish, man!!  Y'all a bunch a muthafukkin fish!!  An I jus' reeled y'all in, an sucked ya' into my li'l world an' I"m heeya at my job, rofflmfao atcha'all!!  FISH DOAN HAVE ANY SKILL!!  BUT TROLLERS DO!  IN FACT, I GOT ABOUT 4 PAGES WORTH 'A SKILL OUT THE INITIAL POST!!  THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES FISHIES!!

Oh yea...almos' fo'got: y'all reddy 4 da pump?
What the FUCK!?!?!?
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6549|Kent, UK

Afrika_18 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THE PUMP IS!?

And now, I will propose that Afrika's new member title is Chicken and Watermelon. Thats right, I used a stereotype.
Da Pump, is wona doze words dat if y'all doan know wattit meanz, den y'all be bettah off NOT KNOWIN" wattit meanz.  See, I can tell dat U ain' reddy 4 da pump...so y'all betta jus' chill an fo'get 'bout da pump.
banstick, pls Mr Mod??

he is posting t3h craps and usings our bandwidths
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6834|Cologne, Germany

ah, I hate the junk drawer, especially for crap like that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard