Beatdown Patrol
+1|6763

Horseman 77 wrote:

WHY? NO ONE HELPED ME.
I don't know your ethic background, but if you are white...then you couldn't be further from the truth.  You have been "helped" with prosperity (both social, economic, and political) caused by CENTURIES of exploitation of Blacks, Chinese, Indians, and Latinos.   This was done through the payment of lower wages, less opportunity and yes....slavery.  It is estimated by leading economists that African Americans are owed almost $10 TRILLION dollars (adjusted for inflations) in lost wages for the centuries of slavery that they endured.  $10 TRILLION dollars.  That is just in lost wages, not in reparations for slavery.  The amount of free money that whites made from the sale of cotton to Europe is simply staggering.  That money was used in the "white" economy for generations.   If you are a white American, you are reaping all the benefits of this even today.

...so yes...somebody DID help you.  While I am not bitter or harboring ill feelings towards whites in any way for this situation, I do recognize history for what it is. 

Horseman 77 wrote:

THIS IS JUST YOUR OPINION, I WORKED IN A FOUTUNE 500 COMPANY AND NO BLACK MAN OR WOMAN WORKED 3 X AS HARD JUST TO STAY AT MY LEVEL. THIS " unspoken stigma " JUST DOESNT EXSIT, SORRY.
Er....How would YOU be able to know this when you have never walked in a Black person's shoes or watched it take place before your very eyes.  Nobody is saying that this is compared against you SPECIFICALLY, but when you look at the evidence over generations of hard working Blacks never being able to forge ahead in the white collar workplace, you can NOT honestly sit here and say that there is equality.  This is done through methods like failing to promote those who do well, refusing to allow blacks in leadership positions, and not paying fair wages in comparison with their white counterparts.  Historically, the salaries of college educated blacks has trailed behind whites.  Not even 15 years ago, a black could expect a salary that was at or below the level of a non-college educated white. 

Horseman 77 wrote:

FORCED ? YOU CANT FORCE ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY.
Y...you are kidding right?   You do this by putting them into situations where they feel they have no choice BUT to do an action.  If white America won't give a person any type of job but a blue collar one, eventually the person is going to take the blue collar job.  They gotta eat, ya know.  You have not detected a pattern over the past 100 decades of blacks getting jobs like bell hops, trash removal, waiters, maids, etc.  Are you so conceited to believe that we love and WANT jobs like this? 

Horseman 77 wrote:

THE BOTTOM LINE IS MONEY. IF YOU CAN PRUDUCE FOR THEM YOU WILL HAVE THE JOB. TOTAL BS
oh I get it.  If you can produce, you can get the job...but then...nobody would give the black coach an opportunity to produce anything because nobody would let them coach.  Kind of a Catch-22.

Horseman 77 wrote:

THIS IS PRETTY FUNNY. WHERE DO I GO OR SIGN UP TO BECOME A TEAM OWNER. YOU BUY A TEAM LAST I HEARD.
I have no clue.  I suggest you make offers of hundreds of millions of dollars like other former black players have done and see if anybody will sell to you.  You buy a team from a current owner.  That current owner opens up bidding and then decides if he wants to sell you the team.  He doesn't have to accept a larger offer of money, either. 

Horseman 77 wrote:

"Those with money"  THERE, YOU SAID IT YOURSELF ITS NOT ABOUT COLOR ITS ABOUT MONEY $$$$ O.J. HAD MONEY YOU GET IT NOW?

" favors the affluent and powerful " THERE ,YOU SAID IT YOURSELF ITS NOT ABOUT COLOR ITS ABOUT MONEY $$$$
...and how do you obtain money?  You work for it.  oh but wait....blacks have historically worked crap jobs for crap wages or in the case of slavery...for FREE.  So they don't HAVE any money to pay for legal representation.  One begats the other.  This is irregardless that the black person probably shouldn't be in court in the first place.

Horseman 77 wrote:

Its time to move on. If it was just some base that had to be touched or a special button that needed to be pushed it would have happened by now, even if by accident. All this drama. Move on. Its America anyone can make good here if they want to. No excuses allowed.
aaaahhh yes.  Spoken like the true majority whose concept of racism is that it is a figment of black's imaginations.  This is what we call the "new racism" because it is based on denying or refusing to recognize the issue.  It is as if you want to ignore it and it will just go away. 

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2006-02-02 16:23:03)

2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6707|Stillwater, Ok
To the guy above me......I'm disappointed in the way a majority of the African Americans act.  I'm not racist by any means but there is a difference between a black person and a well N****R.  Why people get all thugged out and start acting tough is beyond me.  I have seen alot of black people become large succeses, image has alot to do with this.  Who would you rather have work for you, a well dressed black guy or someone who comes in wearing Fubu.  Education is a large factor as well in society but the problem with alot of Black youth today is even finishing high school.  Yeah school sucks but it is worth enduring some crap conditions for education.  One of my old next door neighbors is the Vice President of Pepsi in Texas.  The youth is so bent on being wronged and that we should shovel them money to support them.  And by the way my family were all immigrants from germany for the most part.  A MAJORITY of the US are immigrants who did not own slaves.  You say that you can't afford college but even that is bullshit.  There are ways to pay for college other than student loans.  LOOK for them.

Yes you were wronged, yes we did hold you back.  But this was also the case with even European immigrants, but they did fight to persevere.  The Irish were absolutely hated and taken advantage of through most of the 1800's and into the early 1900's. I do feel sorry for those who actually try to get somewhere and are brought down.  But it is very much possible to change your life and status in this country.  Your enthicity has earned a bad rap for alot of problems but we never see your community trying to fix them.  Hell you guys got pissed at Bill Cosby for telling you guys to straighten up.   Even Chris Rock is disgusted at his own race.  So i don't feel sorry for those who give up on life and say screw it everyone is against me and accept what they have.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6763

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

To the guy above me......I'm disappointed in the way a majority of the African Americans act.  I'm not racist by any means but there is a difference between a black person and a well N****R.  Why people get all thugged out and start acting tough is beyond me.  I have seen a lot of black people become large succeses, image has alot to do with this.  Who would you rather have work for you, a well dressed black guy or someone who comes in wearing Fubu.  Education is a large factor as well in society but the problem with alot of Black youth today is even finishing high school.  Yeah school sucks but it is worth enduring some crap conditions for education.  One of my old next door neighbors is the Vice President of Pepsi in Texas.  The youth is so bent on being wronged and that we should shovel them money to support them.  And by the way my family were all immigrants from germany for the most part.  A MAJORITY of the US are immigrants who did not own slaves.  You say that you can't afford college but even that is bullshit.  There are ways to pay for college other than student loans.  LOOK for them.
Whoa...hold up.  To state that you are disappointed in the way that SOME African Americans act is one thing.  To lump us all into the same pool by saying MAJORITY is not really right and a large part of the problem of how the average white American perceives us.  Maybe the African Americans you see in your region act in a particular way, but that doesn't mean that the majority of our race acts in a n*****ish manner.  I would also submit that while some blacks like to get "thugged out", it is exactly as you say...an "image".  As a fashion statement, I see that being no more negative an image than being a rocker, raver, Goth, or grunge.  The entertainment industry sees this as a great thing because while white suburbia doesn't want to admit it...hip-hop culture is popular and here to stay.  I see statistically more whites big-ballin' in their high dollar, riced-out imports, bassing to hip-hop and rap than I do blacks.  Of course, this is could be due to my region being more demographically diverse or something, but then that kinda goes back to my point about regional differences.

On education, please do not forget that at one time in America is was AGAINST THE LAW in slavery states to teach blacks how to read.  It was only 35 to 40 years ago where we were encouraged not to learn how to read because it was thought that it would inhibit our ability to get a labor based job.  I know this sounds crazy, but I really am not making this stuff up.  So of course education is a factor, but this is a generational shortcoming that will take generations of EQUAL education to fix.  To counter the point that blacks today are facing a problem in education, we are far more educated and are graduating in far greater numbers than 10, 15, and 20 years ago.  The trend has continued to improve each subsequent generation.  Right now, the greater problem is the quality and level of education that these students are getting from the states.  Unfortunately, the Latino population which is beginning to suffer from the same educational issues that blacks had years ago.  The difference is that Latinos are culturally coming from a skilled labor backgrounds like construction whereas African Americans are coming from farming and digging ditches.  The current housing boom has been very good to Latino American communities giving many of their youth a false sense of security when it comes to education. 

In regard to colleges, it is no secret that urban schools are not making the grade in providing African American students the tools they need to succeed.  If you don't provide the base or the foundation, you are only delaying the inevitable and are setting up the student for failure.  This issue usually comes to pass when that student has to take the SAT or some other entrance exam for college.  I also directly equate having the knowledge of grants and scholarships to the ability to take advantage of grant and scholarship programs.  You have to know about them, how to find them, and how to research them.  That takes skills that were simply not taught...so in essence, it is ignorance that is the greater enemy, not stupidity or laziness...or even racism.

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Yes you were wronged, yes we did hold you back.  But this was also the case with even European immigrants, but they did fight to persevere.  The Irish were absolutely hated and taken advantage of through most of the 1800's and into the early 1900's. I do feel sorry for those who actually try to get somewhere and are brought down.  But it is very much possible to change your life and status in this country.  Your enthicity has earned a bad rap for alot of problems but we never see your community trying to fix them.  Hell you guys got pissed at Bill Cosby for telling you guys to straighten up.   Even Chris Rock is disgusted at his own race.  So i don't feel sorry for those who give up on life and say screw it everyone is against me and accept what they have.
Interesting that you bring up the Irish.  Ironically...if you look at the Irish American immigrants of the 1800 and early 1900s, you will find that they suffered from the same...exact...issues that African Americans have suffered.  They had rampant poverty, crime, and yes...gangs wearing colors to signify their loyalty.  It just so happens they have a 10 or so generation head start on blacks.  As the Irish began to gain more opportunities, they were able to uplift themselves out of the situation they were in.  This was also the result of being able to blend in because even though they were Irish, they held a major advantage that they are still white.  Subsequent generations of Irish began to lose their accents and they blended into society as being white American.  Once that happened, they pretty much considered themselves white Americans too...which was painfully apparent during the Boston bussing protests of the 60s and 70s as the decendants of those same Irish immigrants tried to keep black youths from attending their schools.  Unfortunately, we don't blend in and we simply cannot hide the color of our skin.  Even Michael Jackson has to admit that. 

While you never see our communities trying to fix these issues, I have to ask...just what do you know of our communities?  I mean...really, are you honestly aware of the gains that blacks have made over the past 10 and 15 years?  I would figure that the record numbers of blacks in the middle and upper middle class would be an indication that we are doing things to better ourselves.  I think that white America has to understand the challenges that we do face rather than brushing off the situation.

What Bill Cosby said was right on the money and believe it or not, the majority of educated blacks agree with him.  The uneducated blacks got pissed, but honestly...what do you expect?  They are ignorant that their priorities are mixed up.  However, I also understand their perspective as well because when you grew up without a pot to piss in and no knowledge or remote CONCEPT of money management, you tend to burn your cash as soon as you get it.

Also, thanks for the respectable, well written comments!  I am skeptical that this thread will survive not getting shut down because of fools not being able to express themselves.  It is encouraging that many are making great efforts to keep things civil and intelligent.

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2006-02-02 18:19:32)

Not Entirely Sane
+6|6685|Just Outside Seattle
I took a Criminology class last year and my professor said that one reason that there are more Black and Latino people in jail is because they are who society expects to commit crime, and they are more likely to get caught, the white guy out in suburbia may be committing just as many crimes as the black guy in the inner city but A. There aren’t that many cops in the Suburbs and B. the white guy in suburbia is more likely (than a black criminal) to be committing white-collar crime (like those people at Enron) where the chances of being caught are slim and the punishments smaller.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6862

Not Entirely Sane wrote:

I took a Criminology class last year and my professor said that one reason that there are more Black and Latino people in jail is because they are who society expects to commit crime, and they are more likely to get caught, the white guy out in suburbia may be committing just as many crimes as the black guy in the inner city but A. There aren’t that many cops in the Suburbs and B. the white guy in suburbia is more likely (than a black criminal) to be committing white-collar crime (like those people at Enron) where the chances of being caught are slim and the punishments smaller.
so if I expect some chick to take her shirt off she will ? defys logic
Zapata1982
+4|6697|Los Angeles, KALIFoooNIaaa
well here are my 2 cents in this argument, "lack of god" has nothing to do with crime, i dont believe in any god, thats my opinion. and if you do, hey no problem. its all based on what morals you have as a person. the morals that are instilled by your parents, yea having children out of wedlock can be a problem, specially for a single mother having to work 2 minimum wage jobs just to support themselves can breed desperation, its not just a black problem its a US problem were half of marriges end in divorce, and so manykids without a stable family. yes a single parent can bring up a moral child but its hard.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6718|San Francisco
Nice discussion BeatDown and Lt.Tucker, I'm glad to see a revival of intelligent discussion...a pity that it only took 24 minutes for Horseman to come in and completely foul it up.
Zapata1982
+4|6697|Los Angeles, KALIFoooNIaaa
one thing i have a beef about is this, three "minorities" that are coming up in this society are asian, mexican and blacks. they all have different values and beliefs. asians for there part are up and comming, they are very well educated and work hard in there own right. they study hard and are dedicated workes they are a great asset to the US. Mexicans, yea they come illigaly to the US but they come here to work (taking jobs from americans yea its another topic), they arent as educated, these immigrants come to the US for a righter future than what they had in their own "third world contries". black well, granted its only been 40 years or so that they got any actual rights as a human in this country, have not really move or changed economically in this country, i find that they make excuses for themselves , not enough jobs, your oppressing our people, there racism excuses excuses, yea slavery occured, sorry move on, get an education get your self out of the slums and be something, i myself an mexican immigrant, arrived in this country  in 1986 with nothing but a few dollars, my parents worked their asses of to get us out of the ghetto, worked hard to provide there children with an education, they saw an opportunity and grabbed it. their sweat and hard work provided me with the opportunity to can an education, go to community college, then go to a university, i worked my ass of too, from a dishwasher to a cook becoming a paramedic (yea what  leap) then now im in med school,  this country is the land of opportunities, ssee it and grab it, capitalism got to love it, now in the case of black there is no motivation to move out of the ghetto, (as i see it my opinion my thinking)they seem to blame everyone esle but themselves for their plight, get ur ass and education work hard and be something,
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6862

Marconius wrote:

Nice discussion BeatDown and Lt.Tucker, I'm glad to see a revival of intelligent discussion...a pity that it only took 24 minutes for Horseman to come in and completely foul it up.
Hark..The Voice of Geometric Logic, All opinion is hearby declared fact...snicker
yea, you don't want to be direct or clear cut, Why tell the truth, some one might sniffle a bit. Why use one sentence if you can spew blather for nine paragraphs. My ancestors had no slaves and Some were Federal Cavalry. I still have two Sabers behind me as I type so how much of that
1 trillion will I get for services rendered ? The topic is so spent its incredible. It's just really sad.

PS What's your name refer to I know I came across it recently some where else.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6696

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

LMFAO, anyone who even thinks of engaging this moron in a debat[sic] is the bigger moron.  Let the thread die,[sic] and hopefully natural selection will takes it's[sic] corse[sic] and kill this idiot too[sic].
I see you failed English.
Touch a nerve?  Why don't you just give us your addy and we can all get together and work it out.  I promise you I will show up.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6862

Stealth42o wrote:

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

LMFAO, anyone who even thinks of engaging this moron in a debat[sic] is the bigger moron.  Let the thread die,[sic] and hopefully natural selection will takes it's[sic] corse[sic] and kill this idiot too[sic].
I see you failed English.
Touch a nerve?  Why don't you just give us your addy and we can all get together and work it out.  I promise you I will show up.
let is slide...

Cool looking woman, ... looks a bit like Jennifer Aniston SP,  who is it ?
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6707|Stillwater, Ok
I still fail to see how some people make so many excuses.  Granted it has only been about 40 years since Blacks could really make any movement they have helped themselves alot.  I just don't see how someone who has the oppurtunities now say that they don't.  My dad works with an engineer who is from Nigeria. Born and raised there yet he came over here, schooled himself and is now making over 100 grand a year.  He had alot more going against him than most Blacks do.  He came from a very poor country with little money himself.  Took out scholarships as well as learned english while being in college.  And like the other guy above who is Mexican/ Latino his parents worked hard for him to get where he is and he also did his part.  Thats why i can't stand to keep hearing this, we don't have a choice of this lifestyle.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6763

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

I still fail to see how some people make so many excuses.  Granted it has only been about 40 years since Blacks could really make any movement they have helped themselves alot.  I just don't see how someone who has the oppurtunities now say that they don't.  My dad works with an engineer who is from Nigeria. Born and raised there yet he came over here, schooled himself and is now making over 100 grand a year.  He had alot more going against him than most Blacks do.  He came from a very poor country with little money himself.  Took out scholarships as well as learned english while being in college.  And like the other guy above who is Mexican/ Latino his parents worked hard for him to get where he is and he also did his part.  Thats why i can't stand to keep hearing this, we don't have a choice of this lifestyle.
This is a response to both 2ndLt.Tucker and Zapata1982 comments.  I hope that you are not thinking that I am trying to make "excuses" because that is not my intent.  It is only to provide a little insight into the situation and perhaps even give you a little more perspective.  People are always going to make excuses, African Americans are no different.  At the same time, I think we can all come up with excellent examples of people that we know that have pulled themselves up from their boot straps and make something of their lives.

What you are looking at is an issue of culture.  Asians have a solid culture that stretches for centuries.  They have very strong family structures and traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation to generation.  They know how to pool their money together to start business and are educated in money management.    African Americans have stuggled to find that strong family structure because for around 200 years our family units were split up.  If you want to know why African Americans have problems with single parent homes, this is a great place to start looking.  As a race, mentality after slavery was abolished was one where fractured families were...well...normal.  It is the only life they had ever known, so how to you really reverse that trend?  The only thing that will really reverse it is time.  We do not have a lot of experience with money management or starting/managing businesses, however that is rapidly changing.  Blacks from other countries admittidly do better because they grew up in societies that have a solid and stable culture.  While their cultures have not moved as fast as others, they are savvy about business and money management because it was not interupted for a few hundred years.

To be fair, you must also look at Hispanics and Native Americans who are suffering from the same high poverty rates as African Americans.  All three are within less than a percentage point of each other, however, both Hispanics and Native Americans make a little more salary per capita than African Americans.  Hmmm...how strange.  Itis somewhat frustrating how whites have such a different perception of African Americans when Native Americans and Hispanics have the exact same issues.  Even more so, Hispanics are now the largest minority, so the physical number of poverty stricken Hispanics is greater as well.

Again...I am absolutely not making any excuses for any particular race, but rather pointing out a number of misconceptions by white America.  It is extremely frustrating when you hear from whites who are not poor, have never been poor, and have never lived in a ghetto or slum talk about how these people need to get off their asses, get an education, and contribute to society as if it is as easy as snapping ones fingers.  I think you will also be surprised to know that well over half of the people on welfare are white....not black. We only about for around 30%.

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2006-02-02 22:41:47)

2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6707|Stillwater, Ok
I have to admit i never really took into account the families being split up. You made a good point with that one which i overlooked.  I guess your also right one money management and strong family ties with the asians.  They also have a very strong code for working which is what makes them very succesful.  However i did at one point live in a poverty stricken town where most people did not have much money. The education was poor in those schools as well.  It was also a place in which i would hear about drive by shooting once a week.  Try being a little kid growing up in a town like that. Alot of people do, my parents just finally got enough money to get the hell out of there after 5 yrs of being there.  I know there are a bunch of lazy as white people as well every ethnicity does have its cruch unfort.  But a large majority of welfare users just take advantage of it and look at it as easy money.  It is those people i have a problem with.
Minnesoter
+2|6784

mycatsdied wrote:

The more important question is not the amount of people that are killed by african americans compared to the rest of the population but what is the Kill to death ratio of blacks compared to the rest of the population.
Best quote in this thread!
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6862
Well i will give it some thought and see if any of my friends really feel like beatdown does, maybe they just didnt't tell me cuase I am white? hey that'd be racism too rite lol. I will get back to you on wendsday after i ask them They names are

Goldie, G Money, Spanky, lil Spank, Dakota, To name a Few I swear to god.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6862
" If you want to know why African Americans have problems with single parent homes, this is a great place to start looking.  As a race, mentality after slavery was abolished was one where fractured families were...well...normal. "

Just a percentage of blacks descended from slavery about 23 % and that was a figure from 1973 more immigration has taken place,  if the figure rose or fell I can not find out. I myself am from a "Fractured Family" as is my girlfriend. Still I offer no excuse for any wrongs I have done. All is in order here. Somehow I figured it out.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6697|Colorado
Too answer the original question, we can rebuild our society into one that really gives everyone an equal chance to excel & to become the best they can be. You put anyone regardless of race or creed into a win situation like that & atleast come out with a decent human being.

Poverty is a contributing factor but yet again race is not the factor, Ignorance is another factor that can affect anyone that is not willing or not excited to learn.
If I had been born in the projects, then the clear & easiest way out would be to prey on others, its simple math & the lack of remorse about it is directly related to their current situation.

When people realize that we need to start with the government {a complete overhaul} & not with race which really doesnt exist as we are all biologicaly human, we might make some headway in not keeping statistics like this anymore.
ilyandor
+31|6713|Phoenix, AZ
whites are full of shit and are liars, morons, thiefs, rapists, killers, cheaters and dickheads.
you like that, asshole?

thats statistics for you you ignorant racist prick
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6713
Its probably because most of them grow up in bad areas and all the kids they hang around with are bad influence so they end up doing bad shit.

Another reason probably is there appearence if you see some black guy most people think "oh no hes gonna kill me and rape me" Most people arent comfortable around them and look scared and  this can upset them i can understand this if you're in a bad area and they look scary but you just gotta treat them like every one else.

I've never had any problems with them i'm not afraid of any one if some scary black guy looks at me i look at him back then he turns away.

Theres also ALOT of nice black people and from what you americans did to them back then "Slavery" I cant belive they are still nice to white people (There are some racist towards white) But thats normal were all racist lol.

Yeah so i dont have a problem with them my best friend was half white and half black in highschool no longer talk to him though must be a black thing

Last edited by Berserk_Vampire (2006-02-03 04:46:00)

psychotoxic187
+11|6734

ilyandor wrote:

whites are full of shit and are liars, morons, thiefs, rapists, killers, cheaters and dickheads.
you like that, asshole?

Now you are just sinking to his level, which is no better. Not that he his wrong. I live in Milwaukee, WI, and the reason their neighborhoods are so run down, is not societies fault, it's their own. In the past 10 years i have seen 2 major malls, and about 3 theatres closed down, because of their communties actions. They steal, and rob from their own community. Not all blacks in the community are doing it, but they are not trying to stop it either. I watch the news, and see they found a body that had been sitting there for months, and the responce from the community was, "it happens all the time." It's their own fault their communities are poor, and school systems are poor. If they showed some respect towards people, and not expect to be "owed" everything.

It's aslo funny how people say they have nothing and it's socities fault. I think they choose to live like this, they get free money from the government. I am a union carpenter, and I bust my ass at work. I have a nice house, and descent car, but when I see some thug in the ghetto driving an escalade, that my tax dollars payed for it pisses me off to no extent. Anyone can make it in this great country of ours, you just have to work for it, there are no excuses anymore. Hell, I could say it's racist against white people now, because if a black guy, and I go for a job interview, and I have better qualifications, but they have to meet their quota, they will hire him because he is black, that is racism.

As a country we need to stop being so touchy feely, and conforming to everyones needs. You cannot please everyone all of the time.
psychotoxic187
+11|6734

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Its probably because most of them grow up in bad areas and all the kids they hang around with are bad influence so they end up doing bad shit.

Another reason probably is there appearence if you see some black guy most people think "oh no hes gonna kill me and rape me" Most people arent comfortable around them and look scared and  this can upset them i can understand this if you're in a bad area and they look scary but you just gotta treat them like every one else.

I've never had any problems with them i'm not afraid of any one if some scary black guy looks at me i look at him back then he turns away.

Theres also ALOT of nice black people and from what you americans did to them back then "Slavery" I cant belive they are still nice to white people (There are some racist towards white) But thats normal were all racist lol.

Yeah so i dont have a problem with them my best friend was half white and half black in highschool no longer talk to him though must be a black thing
I am sorry, but what WE did to them? It was their own race, and country who had them enslaved. They traded them to us for supplies. Did we do wrong? Yes, but they are just as guilty. You also cannot lump us together, my family did not own slaves, my grandpa came from germany, and my grandma came from Norway. Europeans were enslaved at one point in history, does that mean we deserve something for it? No, this is now, that was then, times are different.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6713
It wasnt just about slavery back then almost every white person in the states/around the world treated them like shit and wouldnt even let them ride on the bus eat with other people and beat them etc so it must have been pretty horrible for them.

If i was me back then and they said you cant ride the bus i would have threw a rock threw the bus window picked up a glass shard and slit his throat.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6763

ilyandor wrote:

you like that, asshole?

I fail to see how the originator of this thread qualifies as being racist just for bringing up statistics indicating the criminal activities of blacks in America.

I also find your statements about whites to be completely unfounded especially since it is nothing but reverse racism.  I completely loathe the fact that blacks can talk about whites all day long, but if a white person said the same thing about a blacks, everybody starts foaming at the mouth and Jessie Jackson is calling for a boycott.

I think you owe somebody an apology, ilyandor.

- Beatdown
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6763

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

I have to admit i never really took into account the families being split up. You made a good point with that one which i overlooked.  I guess your also right one money management and strong family ties with the asians.  They also have a very strong code for working which is what makes them very succesful.  However i did at one point live in a poverty stricken town where most people did not have much money. The education was poor in those schools as well.  It was also a place in which i would hear about drive by shooting once a week.  Try being a little kid growing up in a town like that. Alot of people do, my parents just finally got enough money to get the hell out of there after 5 yrs of being there.  I know there are a bunch of lazy as white people as well every ethnicity does have its cruch unfort.  But a large majority of welfare users just take advantage of it and look at it as easy money.  It is those people i have a problem with.
You would be amazed at how much the previous generations affect the future generations.  If you look at some of the bad things that go on in society, you will see a pattern.  For example, if a male child grows up in a household where the father is a wife-beater, he grows up thinking that it is fine and dandy to kick his wife's ass every so often to keep her in line.  Back when such things were not discussed in public, this was commonplace and unfortunately didn't start changing until public awareness and unacceptance became the norm.  Girls who grow up in households where the mother was promiscuous or had children out of wedlock are more likely to follow the same exact path.  It is the "norm" for them so how would they know of a life any different?  Children mimic the adults of the generation before them.

The problem compounded during the 80s during the crack cocaine epidemic.  That REALLY hurt us bad because an entire generation of blacks males were either killed from drug related violence or locked up in prison.  If there was any post-slavery setback that devastated us...it was this.  It got so bad, that at one time the 80s, the average lifespan of a black male was 36 years of age.  Scary.  Not only did it hurt us from a social and family perspective, but a wealth of knowledge learned from the previous generations was lost on the urban youth that were either in prison, dead, strung out, or supporting several kids.  It pretty much reset the clock for us in many areas and at our lowest point, I would say that as far as accomplishments it probably pushed us somewhere back into the 1930s.  I have lived in Northern Virginia for the past 22 years about 15 miles from Washington DC.  DC was the murder capital of the world at the time and averaged over 1 homicide a day while Mayor Marion Barry kicking back and smoking a crack pipe with high society hookers.  It was a very dark time. 

On welfare, the system has been significantly reformed to the point where it is far more difficult to take advantage of the system.  I would not go as far as to say that MOST people on welfare take advantage of the system or even a large majority of the welfare recipients take advantage of the system.  There is a country saying that if you mix raisins and turds, you now have turds...a more crass way of saying it only take one bad apple to spoil the bunch.  Once the media got ahold of the story that the welfare system was being taken advantage of, the totally blew the situation out of proportion in regard to the severity of the situation.  Even still, the reforms were needed especially to keep welfare from being the taxpayer sinkhole that it had become.  The current system works very similar to unemployment benefits, which I agree with.  Even still...there are always going to be people who are going to take advantage of the system.

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2006-02-03 06:29:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard