Hesitate24%24% - 39
Engage without hesitation75%75% - 118
Total: 157
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA
Fuck that, I'd be in Canada.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6444|Queens, NYC
So I was reading all the responses above. I haven't been deployed, but holy shit, I'm pretty sure its less than nanoseconds to decide whether you die or she dies. You probably won't even know it's a woman until its over. The scenario was described as if you opened the door nicely and didn't break it down, then some 10 seconds pass by just admiring her feminine physique. I know some people on BF2 on my team that shoot me because I popped out of nowhere. Just imagine in real life when the threat and seriousness of losing your life is really there. I know I wouldn't hesitate. Just keep in mind, that even right now, you have the time to think about the situation. Over there, I doubt you have that time. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: And also, anyone holding a weapon is a combatant. That's pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by nonexistentusmc (2007-07-24 20:28:19)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

http://a924.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im … 9ae05b.gif

That image is just w, r, o, n, g, WRONG.
What is that from anyway?...  It looks familiar....
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Reminds me of that scene from Black Hawk Down where the black guy sees the woman picking up the gun and he's begging her not to pick it up because he knows he has to kill her. And he does.

I wouldn't hesitate.
David.P
Banned
+649|6272

Poseidon wrote:

Reminds me of that scene from Black Hawk Down where the black guy sees the woman picking up the gun and he's begging her not to pick it up because he knows he has to kill her. And he does.

I wouldn't hesitate.
Holy shit! Thats the same thing i thought about! Great Minds think alike dont they?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Some statistics about killing (pre modern warfare):
Only 20% of soldiers shoot at the enemy.
Only 2% of soldiers shoot to kill
1% are sociopaths so enjoy it.
The other 1% are the true hero's of the battle field.

Most if not all soldiers who join the army join with the right intentions and are not cowards but thousands of years of evolution has given humans an inbuilt reluctance to take another persons life.

In modern armies, soldier are trained into tricking their bodies to kill on instinct rather then having to think about it. And is one of the reasons many soldiers have problems with life in society after a tour of duty. As their minds can not deal with what they have done and the training its self.

To the OP, no I wouldn't shoot them, but then i wouldn't shoot anyone. And I'm not likely to join the army and train myself to kill.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6507|Bournemouth, South England
If she is bearing weapons, and uniformed, she is a legal combatant.  If she is armed without uniform, it is still legal to engage, wether as part of a coup d'etat (or whatever its called) or militia.

Besides, women don't run as fast as men, she'd be easier to hit.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
As a soldier, then no hesitation at all.

I'm not a soldier, but like Gunslinger said, usually any hesitation in a close quarters combat environment at all would mean a good chance of getting killed.  If I ever storm a building as a soldier, I'd be more worried about killing someone without a weapon. 

I dont think anyone here would hesitate, honestly (even if you say you would).  Again, I'm not a soldier, but adrenaline does stuff to you.  When in combat, 99.9 percent of people would shoot first and examine the situation later.  Also, by the time you ID the person holding a gun as a woman, it might be too late.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6518|Adelaide, South Australia

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Such an easy question to answer on paper.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
if she aims at you, maybe.

but what if she is just afraid to get raped and wants to defend her home from you asshole, kicking the door and threatening her?

she has the right to kill you, for coming in her house with a weapon.

btw i think 99% would hesitate first, if he isn´t a dumb brainwashed robot. humans don´t like to kill other humans.

Last edited by [pt] KEIOS (2007-07-25 00:41:04)

eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6842|Sacramento, Cal
Engage without hesitation
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

if she aims at you, maybe.

but what if she is just afraid to get raped and wants to defend her home from you asshole, kicking the door and threatening her?

she has the right to kill you, for coming in her house with a weapon.

btw i think 99% would hesitate first, if he isn´t a dumb brainwashed robot. humans don´t like to kill other humans.
I'm not brainwashed.  But I'm willing to bet my life that you've never seen combat.  You're analyzing the situation from the comfort of your chair, when in fact the question is being asked under the assumption that you're an armed soldier in urban combat raiding a house.

If 99 percent would hesitate first, then please explain to me why we have the term "friendly fire" and why there is such a high risk during a battle for causing civilian casualties. 

I think, to some extent, you're brainwashed.  You're brainwashed in the sense that you believe you wouldn't hesitate.  I'm not a killer, but I know enough about living things in general to know that when you're in a life threatening situation, every living being out there would, and does, act on instinct.  Its nothing to be ashamed of, but there is a reason violence exists, you know.  Self defense (unfortunately, not all the time).
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6393|Evilsville
If I see a gun pointed at my face I will shoot, no matter who is holding the gun. Even if it is a woman or even a child.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
i once saw a documentation about soldiers trainingmethods. after ww2 they realized, that most of the soldiers, who fired their weapon, didn´t really aim at their enemies, because even in combat situation, people don´t like killing each other. nowadays they try to disable this human instinct - that´s why i called it brainwashing.

most of us are civilians and talk about things, we will never have to face, so most of these comments are worth a handfull of shit, because most of us would rather pee in his pants or hesitate. a bunch of teenage computer nerds, talking about how they would act in combat....we are not trained to murder/slaughter/kill. those who are, already posted their brainwashed answers like "shoot first and ask later"... i don´t doubt they will - but they have been taught, to not use their brains and hearts.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

murdock22 wrote:

engage, I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die
Hahaha +1 for that

trippy982 wrote:

Tougher topic.  What if it was a child soldier?
Try to reason with it, trying to disarm it else, put a round in his leg or something.

Last edited by RDMC (2007-07-25 01:53:03)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de

DrunkFace wrote:

Some statistics about killing (pre modern warfare):
Only 20% of soldiers shoot at the enemy.
Only 2% of soldiers shoot to kill
1% are sociopaths so enjoy it.
The other 1% are the true hero's of the battle field.

Most if not all soldiers who join the army join with the right intentions and are not cowards but thousands of years of evolution has given humans an inbuilt reluctance to take another persons life.

In modern armies, soldier are trained into tricking their bodies to kill on instinct rather then having to think about it. And is one of the reasons many soldiers have problems with life in society after a tour of duty. As their minds can not deal with what they have done and the training its self.

To the OP, no I wouldn't shoot them, but then i wouldn't shoot anyone. And I'm not likely to join the army and train myself to kill.
didn´t read it before posting a similar comment. QFT
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

Imagine that you are a soldier fighting in an urban environment, you enter a room and are confronted with a clearly identifiable woman holding a weapon, we all know that sometimes we men take a different attitude toward women than we do men, so I ask would you hesitate to fire, or fire without hesitation? This was a conversation I had with some mates of mine and I said that I would probably hesitate, though I'm not a soldier so I don't know if your training would take over for this situation.
Several factors come to play in this M.O.A.B.:

1. Is she hot?

2. Does she have nice tits?

3. Does she have a nice ass?

4. Can she cook and clean?

5. Does she put out?

You know, ya just can't go out and shoot a woman without having all the facts.

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-25 02:07:01)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

To be honest I'd hesitate.
(My vote was the 100th, and it was a perfect 3:1 in favour of not hesitating - 25 to 75.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky

SEREMAKER wrote:

U never hesitate, hesitaition will get your ass killed ------------------ shoot first ask questions later
Not just your ass, but the members of your fireteam or squad.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
Wouldn't hesitate. Equal rights in action!
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6438|A drop house
You can’t hesitate, hesitation means death. Enemy = kill, man, woman, or child. If you are an enemy combatant, and you have a gun pointed at me, your gone. No hesitation.

Last edited by N.A.T.O (2007-07-25 02:42:22)

agent146
+127|6385|Jesus Land aka Canada
i admit- now that i think about it. i may hesitate because of my humane side.

but the hardcore side of me says "$#% that i am not a hero; she was a gun? she dies; better her then me"

the jerk in me says "LOL take her knees out!"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I would definitely hesitate, out of surprise that it's a woman pointing a gun at me and not a man. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't shoot her if I thought she was going to try and kill me.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6756|06-01

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Such an easy question to answer on paper.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6784|Perth, Western Australia
Hesitate, but not just because it's a woman. I'd hesitate before shooting anybody (yeah I know I'm soft). Not that I'd ever be in that situation, or want to put myself in that situation.

But KEIOS did make a good point that when you look at it from the woman's point of view, a bucnh of foreigners (presumably) with rather large guns making a shitload of noise just kicked in your front door. You can't really blame them for grabbing arms to defend their family with that the human rights violations that the sick few (small small small small minority) in the American Army perpetrate.

Last edited by SharkyMcshark (2007-07-30 00:55:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard