Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6399|Somersetshire
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products … Xh0ZW5kZWQ

so what do you think of it?

e.g. what would need upgrading, whats crap, is it worth it?

what to upgrade it too, basically any info is welcome

thanks in advance
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6399|Somersetshire
bump???

someone's got to have opinions of it,

it must be so stunningly good that everyone is speachless  ~please note my sarcasm in this sentence
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6433|Stealth City, UK
If its for a family PC then its OK, if its for upcoming games (namely Crysis, CoD 4) then its pretty much shite.

Is that the best your budget can get?

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-24 06:58:19)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

It's cheap. Very cheap. But there's a reason for that. Don't expect to do any gaming on it. But if it's just for regular usage it's ok, should run fairly nicely.

Also, it's 939 based, making it almost impossible to upgrade.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-07-24 07:07:39)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6670|Broadlands, VA
The biggest problem I see is limited upgradeability due to form factor.  Also, I have yet to find an intergrated audio system that really floats my boat.  I recently upgraded to the Sound Blaster Fatal1ty XFi rig and it is SWEET!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

Kaosdad wrote:

The biggest problem I see is limited upgradeability due to form factor.  Also, I have yet to find an intergrated audio system that really floats my boat.  I recently upgraded to the Sound Blaster Fatal1ty XFi rig and it is SWEET!
There's really no point in the Fatal1ty version, unless you like paying loads of extra money for an extra 1-2 fps (if you're lucky).
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6426|UK
you can build a much better system for the same price, just buying the components

IMO its not worth it.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6587|Michigan, USA
Feel sorry for you Ukers, thats a sad rig for the price, could do alot better with a premade in the states, but as everyone else said, if its a family pc for websurfing,storing pictures, stuff like that its fine, but for gaming you dont have a chance.  Either shop around for a better pc or buy the components your self, you'll end up much happier.

Also, doesnt even look like you could add a graphics card if you wanted, which seriously limits it even more, dont expect to play any semi modern games on onboard graphics, trust me, ive tried

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-07-24 07:16:05)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

Zero!. wrote:

you can build a much better system for the same price, just buying the components

IMO its not worth it.
Go on then.

You build a system much better than that for that price, with a 19" monitor and Windows XP.
link52787
+29|6512
I recently built a computer for my dad.  An ECS microATX mobo w/ the same integrated graphics and a AM2 3000+.  1gb of DDR2 800 ram.

We had parts from his last computer to salvage and I had an extra XP Home laying around.  He already had a monitor.

total:  $270
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6587|Michigan, USA

link52787 wrote:

I recently built a computer for my dad.  An ECS microATX mobo w/ the same integrated graphics and a AM2 3000+.  1gb of DDR2 800 ram.

We had parts from his last computer to salvage and I had an extra XP Home laying around.  He already had a monitor.

$270 US?

That would even out to 540 Uk, not exactly a better rig, especially considering uk parts are more expensive.
link52787
+29|6512

r2zoo wrote:

link52787 wrote:

$270 US?

That would even out to 540 Uk, not exactly a better rig, especially considering uk parts are more expensive.
oh yeah, I forgot about that.

The parts here America are cheaper.  I got a really good deal with the parts here.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

r2zoo wrote:

link52787 wrote:

$270 US?

What?

Don't you mean £135?

Pounds are worth much more than dollars.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-07-24 07:55:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard