lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
Fine, nerf the term 'skill' and just make it 'better'.

Your mad that people BETTER than you say they are more skillful. maybe they have more skill, mebe they don't. But the fact remains, They are better at it than you so they can tell you you suck shit.

COMPETITIVE GAME PLAY AT ITS FINEST.
PEENkiller
+2|6164|Cleveland, Ohio

Afrika_18 wrote:

Its true, its just pressing buttons man.  All this talk about whose got more skill than who is a bunch of bologna.  THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED IN VIDEO GAMES!!  Now golf, tennis...that takes skill.  Hunting?  Stock-Car Racing?  That takes skill.  Pressing a bunch of buttons?  Don't make me laugh, video games are all about who sees who first.   So to all of those 1337 pwnz0rz who think they're hot shit because they can press a bunch of buttons can bite my arse.  Try to pull a salmon out of a live great white shark's gullet...then you can come and talk to me about skill.
So I guess the study that said surgeons who play videogames for a few hours a day are less likely to make errors is completely false.  Real-life application to your "unskilled" videogame world.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/200 … RSS_PUBLIC

http://www.health.am/ab/more/surgeons-w … e-skilled/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4685909/

Last edited by PEENkiller (2007-07-23 16:33:50)

Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6190|Canada

rofl
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6237|Uk

cowami wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Afrika_18 wrote:

Stock-Car Racing?  That takes skill.
give him a break, at least he isn't dissing nascar. i'm a uk'er and i like it!
NASCAR is stock car racing.

Good going, kyle.

EDIT: I just looked it up. It's in the name, fer cryin' out loud!
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)
hes saying it takes skill, hes not taking the piss out of it or 'dissing' it
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6260|B.C. Canada
Gaming is skill. It is a skill of how long you can sit on your fucking asses for so long and push buttons. HAHHAHAHAHHAHA. I fuckin agree that real skill is doing something like playing hockey or football or any other sport, not pushing fucking buttons.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6423|My room

Afrika_18 wrote:

Its true, its just pressing buttons man.  All this talk about whose got more skill than who is a bunch of bologna.  THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED IN VIDEO GAMES!!  Now golf, tennis...that takes skill.  Hunting?  Stock-Car Racing?  That takes skill.  Pressing a bunch of buttons?  Don't make me laugh, video games are all about who sees who first.   So to all of those 1337 pwnz0rz who think they're hot shit because they can press a bunch of buttons can bite my arse.  Try to pull a salmon out of a live great white shark's gullet...then you can come and talk to me about skill.
Just cuz you suck at them...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
ITT idiots.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

trex1210 wrote:

Gaming is skill. It is a skill of how long you can sit on your fucking asses for so long and push buttons. HAHHAHAHAHHAHA. I fuckin agree that real skill is doing something like playing hockey or football or any other sport, not pushing fucking buttons.
Look everyone, another cunt
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
weasel_thingo
+74|6327
his stats
http://bf2s.com/player/73780640/

oh im sorry but that is fail
now explain how others are better but there is no such thing as skill in the game?
Silentkillr69
+6|6179|Chicago

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Afrika_18 wrote:

Now golf, tennis...that takes skill.  Hunting?  Stock-Car Racing?  That takes skill.  Pressing a bunch of buttons?  Don't make me laugh, video games are all about who sees who first.   So to all of those 1337 pwnz0rz who think they're hot shit because they can press a bunch of buttons can bite my arse.
Golf takes no skill its just using you arms.. what now>
hmm so tiger wood has no skill at all......................why dont you try and drive a golf ball 250+ yards consistantly
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6420
I hope you are being sarcastic or something...  because wow, video games take a lot more skill than you'd think. mainly games like Counter Strike...  talk to CEVO players and you will know.
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6166

Afrika_18 wrote:

I guess people like jonathan "Fatal1ty" Wendell doesnt have skills. I mean the guy makes 250k a year on endorsements alone, plus all the competitions he has won. Kid, do you know that video game is the next big thing since baseball/basketball,football ? Do you know that every 1 out 5 americans play video games ? That makes it 15,000,000 americans play at a daily basis!!!

Just because you SUCK doesnt mean that video game doesnt take skills!!! Get a grip! Your probably bad at everything in life.
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada

Afrika_18 wrote:

YOUr wrong; to be crude, yes, there is skill in video games; despites that it just moving a mouse and pressing a few buttons. I have a friend who sucks at bf2 and i can even physically see why; he has probablay the most shittest motor skills ever heck he can't even type probably; he also SLAMS his mouse every times; he does not pay attention to his surrounding in RL and in video game land and gets claymored by me all the time. So yes "keyboard and mouse video games" do take "skills" same as typewriting.
EDIT: btw, calm down its just a video game.

weasel_thingo wrote:

his stats
http://bf2s.com/player/73780640/

oh im sorry but that is fail
now explain how others are better but there is no such thing as skill in the game?
i lol at this

Last edited by agent146 (2007-07-23 17:21:09)

trackstarr
+18|6702|Swing and a miss
HAHA then why post here

Its like going to the million man march and saying "i hate black people". Your just bound to get 3rd degree burns
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Ladies and Gentlemen....

We have a Winnar!!!!!

Worst BF2 player ever....

Afrika_18.

Owned.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
You're A Towel
simmy.uk
+117|6439
Change the title of this post to 'please flame me'.
Seriously though, why make a post like this.
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6180|Wisconsin

Afrika_18 wrote:

YOU can leave I bet ur only saying that cuz you got no skills...
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6230|NSW, Australia

stock car  racing... yawn? how gay
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
This is a good editorial...you should of signed it by Th33 Hax0r
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen....

We have a Winnar!!!!!

Worst BF2 player ever....

Afrika_18.

Owned.
well i don't think he got the feel for karkand yet Lol
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

You're A Towel
No...You're a towel.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6656|Brisbane, Australia

Hey, this is the guy that had the thread

Are you ready for the pump?

And then he was banned and we never found out what the pump was D:
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
....hunting is just hiding in a fucking bush until an animal is dumb enough to eat something in the middle of the god damned open field....blammers
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

PspRpg-7 wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

You're A Towel
No...You're a towel.
You're a beaner towel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard