lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

The real reasaon the dems did not vote for this bill is, they want those illegal votes. You and I both know it
Conspiracy theory.
LOL yeah, it sure is, only this one actually makes sense, and didn't come from you tube.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6774

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

The real reasaon the dems did not vote for this bill is, they want those illegal votes. You and I both know it
Conspiracy theory.
LOL yeah, it sure is, only this one actually makes sense, and didn't come from you tube.
Anytime liberals come up with some sort of theory/reasoning behind a political manoeuvre its called a conspiracy theory and dismissed.

Same here. This just seems like some sort of trumped up right wing conspiracy nut job.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

Conspiracy theory.
Anytime liberals come up with some sort of theory/reasoning behind a political manoeuvre its called a conspiracy theory and dismissed.

Same here. This just seems like some sort of trumped up right wing conspiracy nut job.
Saying Bush planned 911 is a conspiracy theory no proof of this at all.

It is a fact that the democrats are catering to the illegal imegrants in the country, based on this OP and the fact they endorse handing out drivers licenses to illegals. There is absolutely no other reason for this that to sway the hispanic and illegal population to vote for them. Simple as that.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474

lowing wrote:

It is a fact that the democrats are catering to the illegal imegrants in the country,
So is Bush with the bill he tried to pass.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas
lowing is to Democrats as Sergeriver is to Israel.

Give it a rest already.  They really aren't that evil, especially compared to the dickheads we have in office now.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command

Cougar wrote:

Give it a rest already.  They really aren't that evil, especially compared to the dickheads we have in office now.
What, are you running for local office as a demoncrat?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

Cougar wrote:

Never called them evil. They simply want to control every aspect of our lives, from medical issues, education, retirement, social welfare etc......through govt. programs. They want every individual dependent on them for all our needs. Well, I simply can take care of myself thank you very much, and I can do a better job of it without burdoning me with everyone else that refuses to take care of themselves.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas

lowing wrote:

Never called them evil. They simply want to control every aspect of our lives,
Show me how.  Prove your point.  Show me some quotes, clips or something, anything that implies they want to control our everyday lives in every aspect.

lowing wrote:

from medical issues, education, retirement, social welfare etc......through govt. programs.
I would rather the Democrats control these things than have the Republicans do away with them or just flat out destroying them.

lowing wrote:

They want every individual dependent on them for all our needs. Well, I simply can take care of myself thank you very much, and I can do a better job of it without burdening me with everyone else that refuses to take care of themselves.
I'm sure the rest of the people in the U.S. are real sorry they aren't as good or better than lowing.  By your logic, you should be the poorest laziest person in the country in order for you not have to pay taxes to support welfare, Medicare, SS or any other programs that some people depend on to survive.

I hate to bust your bubble but someday you may find yourself in a position where you depend on one of the preceding government programs to get by everyday.  Then you wouldn't hate democrats so much, in fact you would be thanking your lucky stars that they kept them going.  I disagree with Democrats on a lot of things, and I have never voted Democrat before, but anything is better than what we have, or god forbid, Rudy Guiliani.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6555|San Diego, CA, USA
When I first moved to California it was weird that I could vote without a photo ID.  I mean all I needed to know was my name and my address and I got a ballot.

I heart Michelle Malkin:
https://stupidjuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/i_support_michelle_malkin.jpg
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6774

lowing wrote:

everyone else that refuses to take care of themselves.
You really are a cave man. You have cave man mentality.

Only the strongest survive, the rest wither.

I like to think humans have moved on since those days. Maybe only some have.
san4
The Mas
+311|6694|NYC, a place to live

lowing wrote:

san4 wrote:

lowing wrote:

oops you know what? Ya got me, birth certificates do not have photo ID's. So I do in fact revoke my congratulations.

So I need to try another angle. How about this.

Why??!!, how can someone be so poor in America that they are too poor to have a pocket to keep a positive ID in, not just for voting, but for any damn thing. You are actually taking an stance that basically says, the poor are soooooooooo poor they can not even be positively identified as US citizens? Are you really gunna stand by that?
Well, this is probably like the blind arguing with the blind, because I don't hang out with a lot of extremely poor people and I'm guessing from your question you don't either. But I'm good at discussing things I don't know anything about, so here goes. 

The most experience I've had with extremely poor people is indirectly through my brother. He is a lawyer who represents poor people. Many of his clients are too poor to afford telephone service. That's pretty damn poor. People in New Orleans were too poor to buy a bus ticket to save their lives from Katrina. If they need to buy a bus ticket to go get a photo ID, they're going to lose their right to vote.

My brother's clients are constantly getting evicted because they can't pay their rent and their asshole brother-in-law keeps selling drugs out of their apartment. Would you expect homeless people to have photo ID? They lose their job every time they get evicted because they miss work. Would they have to miss work to go get a photo ID? They get robbed all the time because their neighborhoods are filled with crack-addicted scumbags. Big mistake to keep that photo ID in your wallet.

Their lives are chaotic. It's like they live in a hurricane all the time. It's too much to ask to make a fundamental right of American citizens contingent on these people having to go get and hang on to a photo ID.

And +1 to you for conceding a point!
This OP has nothing to do with how poor someone is, it is simply to agree or disagree to keep illegal aliens from voting in our elections. The democrats are trying to block legislation that would prevent just that.

I also hope you are not looking for sympathy from me on the poor crackhead that can not afford a bus ticket. Ask of the high timers in here, ya won't get it from me
Well, it's your OP so you can interpret it however you want, but it clearly says the proposal is to require voters to show photo ID. Even if the purpose of the rule is to prevent illegal aliens from voting, requiring a photo ID will also prevent poor US citizens from voting. That is wrong.

I thought my post was quite clearly not looking for sympathy. The point was to explain how poverty can make it burdensome for people to obtain and hold on to a photo ID--even if they are not crackheads. No sympathy required to see that it's hard to hang on to a photo ID if crackheads keep stealing your wallet.
san4
The Mas

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

A more polite way of making that criticism is to ask lowing, do you think a 6-month-old child can take care of himself when both his parents are crackheads? I don't.
JG1567JG
+110|6594|United States of America
I know in some states that tried to require a photo I.D. for voting were going to provide one free of charge to any citizen that couldn't afford it.  To the people that claim that can't afford to keep a photo I.D. since it keeps getting stolen or the poor can't afford a bus ride to the BMV to get a photo I.D. then how in the hell are they going to afford a bus ride to where they are voting.  I will bet you 99% of the poor that people are talking about aren't even registered to vote but still have a photo I.D.  This is nothing more than the Democrats trying to allow illegals to vote.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6286
LOL Michelle Malkin

Good to see she has some other hobbies besides trying to prove Jamil Hussein doesn't exist, that destroyed mosques aren't destroyed at all because they're only partially destroyed and publishing the home addresses of people she doesn't like for the perusal of her slack-jawed, drooling, microcephalic meatslapper readers.

Cougar wrote:

I hate to bust your bubble but someday you may find yourself in a position where you depend on one of the preceding government programs to get by everyday.  Then you wouldn't hate democrats so much, in fact you would be thanking your lucky stars that they kept them going.
I can tell you right now that the only reason I was able to hang on long enough to get myself a decent job and even think about going it on my own with my own business venture was because of the social programs that (barely) provided my family and I with food and gave a little assistance with transportation so I could look for and actually go to my job. I guess some folks would rather there was nothing in place to try and help people back towards being productive members of society. They'd rather assume that everybody down there on the bottom is there because they're lazy parasites even though it means abandoning a majority of people who can and want to work because of a handful of cheats.

san4 wrote:

A more polite way of making that criticism is to ask lowing, do you think a 6-month-old child can take care of himself when both his parents are crackheads? I don't.
<sarcasm>Obviously that 6-month-old child should pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get to work or they should have had the foresight to choose better parents for themselves</sarcasm>

Last edited by HunterOfSkulls (2007-07-23 20:21:05)

JG1567JG
+110|6594|United States of America

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

I can tell you right now that the only reason I was able to hang on long enough to get myself a decent job and even think about going it on my own with my own business venture was because of the social programs that (barely) provided my family and I with food and gave a little assistance with transportation so I could look for and actually go to my job. I guess some folks would rather there was nothing in place to try and help people back towards being productive members of society. They'd rather assume that everybody down there on the bottom is there because they're lazy parasites even though it means abandoning a majority of people who can and want to work because of a handful of cheats.
I bet you still possessed a photo I.D. when you were down on your luck.  Glad you were able to get things back on track.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

Cougar wrote:

lowing wrote:

Never called them evil. They simply want to control every aspect of our lives,
Show me how.  Prove your point.  Show me some quotes, clips or something, anything that implies they want to control our everyday lives in every aspect.

lowing wrote:

from medical issues, education, retirement, social welfare etc......through govt. programs.
I would rather the Democrats control these things than have the Republicans do away with them or just flat out destroying them.

lowing wrote:

They want every individual dependent on them for all our needs. Well, I simply can take care of myself thank you very much, and I can do a better job of it without burdening me with everyone else that refuses to take care of themselves.
I'm sure the rest of the people in the U.S. are real sorry they aren't as good or better than lowing.  By your logic, you should be the poorest laziest person in the country in order for you not have to pay taxes to support welfare, Medicare, SS or any other programs that some people depend on to survive.

I hate to bust your bubble but someday you may find yourself in a position where you depend on one of the preceding government programs to get by everyday.  Then you wouldn't hate democrats so much, in fact you would be thanking your lucky stars that they kept them going.  I disagree with Democrats on a lot of things, and I have never voted Democrat before, but anything is better than what we have, or god forbid, Rudy Guiliani.
1. I already gave examples to this in this post

2. the examples I gave. I never said destroy these programs. I am saying get them under control and get the help to those that deserve it.

3.Yer right one day I might need these programs, but I have also always maintained ( and you have read me enough to know this) that I completely endorse taking care of ALL those who are not able to TRUELY take care of themselves. The disabled and children who are citizens of this country are in this group of people. No others need apply.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yeah, I know what ya mean. Personal responsibility can be a bitch sometimes.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

san4 wrote:

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

already answered, see 2 posts up

Or any other post I have made on this issue.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6286

JG1567JG wrote:

I bet you still possessed a photo I.D. when you were down on your luck.  Glad you were able to get things back on track.
Luckily it wasn't long enough that it was time for me to renew it. But hell, I still have my original social security card I got when I was in grade school, so I do tend to hang on to stuff like that. And thanks, long road ahead and all that shit, but I look forward to the day when I'm no longer beholden to someone who calls their employees "family" and yet hooks up surveillance cameras that only observe the employee areas of the business.
san4
The Mas

JG1567JG wrote:

To the people that claim that can't afford to keep a photo I.D. since it keeps getting stolen or the poor can't afford a bus ride to the BMV to get a photo I.D. then how in the hell are they going to afford a bus ride to where they are voting.
Both political parties provide free bus rides to the polls on voting day.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
that's the Dem's only hope is the illegals voting... and i don't think the illegals give a crap about voting...  They are probably to afraid to try and vote and get caught for being here illegally... The tide is turning.... Prince William county in Va has stopped giving services to illegals... Now Loudoun county (adjoining county) is doing the same thing... not long before all the counties follow suit... Its hitting taxpayers in their pockets now... If your here legally great.... If not... no more free health care,schooling or other type of taxpayer aid...  The Democrats better think of something else... people are tired of lack of decisions and solutions from the govt...    sorry for slight derail... lol
Love is the answer
san4
The Mas

lowing wrote:

2. the examples I gave. I never said destroy these programs. I am saying get them under control and get the help to those that deserve it.

3.Yer right one day I might need these programs, but I have also always maintained ( and you have read me enough to know this) that I completely endorse taking care of ALL those who are not able to TRUELY take care of themselves. The disabled and children who are citizens of this country are in this group of people. No others need apply.
Only the disabled and children? What happens after that 6-month-old has spent 18 years being beaten by mom when she's high, running from crackheads and drug dealers, getting sick with no health insurance, and attending an incredibly bad school where it's practically impossible to learn anything?

If you want to fix all those things, great. But whatever we do, those problems are not going to be fixed for a long time. There are going to be several more generations of kids who grow up in hellholes, and the vast majority of them are going to be screwed up kids. It's hard to be a productive member of society when you were terrorized by scumbags from birth and no one ever taught you to read. But as far as you're concerned, if they're physically able and not mentally ill, they're on their own? That doesn't seem fair or economically efficient.

I think we've been through this before (and it's also off topic here), but I can't resist responding anyway.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

san4 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Only the disabled and children? What happens after that 6-month-old has spent 18 years being beaten by mom when she's high, running from crackheads and drug dealers, getting sick with no health insurance, and attending an incredibly bad school where it's practically impossible to learn anything?

If you want to fix all those things, great. But whatever we do, those problems are not going to be fixed for a long time. There are going to be several more generations of kids who grow up in hellholes, and the vast majority of them are going to be screwed up kids. It's hard to be a productive member of society when you were terrorized by scumbags from birth and no one ever taught you to read. But as far as you're concerned, if they're physically able and not mentally ill, they're on their own? That doesn't seem fair or economically efficient.

I think we've been through this before (and it's also off topic here), but I can't resist responding anyway.
No sweat guilty myself:

Anyway, that 6 month old baby will be taken out of that shitty home in my world and placed in a loving home with people that want to foster such children up to and including even adopting them. If it happened to work out. Also in my world adoption of children to loving homes would be a govt sponsered and financed program. Never should it cost a family 50,000 dollars to join a child that needs a loving home with a family that has love to give a child. 50, 000 bucks can go along way into enriching a childs life and give him/her a life they deserve. Adoption should not be for profit by any organization.

I would hope even my staunchest enemy on here could agree to this

Ut-ohhhh now ya done it, you have exposed the soft underbelly of ole' lowing

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-23 21:38:21)

GorillaTicTacs
+231|6380|Kyiv, Ukraine
Methinks Lowing hasn't voted in the US before, and that article certainly doesn't cover everything. 

First off, you need to register to vote well in advance of going to your selected polling station.  This registration is not automatic, though it is often as easy as filling in a card mailed to you and dropping it back in the mailbox.  Some cities even put a registration card in your face when you're getting your vehicle tags.  This system is already in place.  Republicans in the last two elections have had real problems in allowing registrations to go through the system, and like to drop registered voters from the list...ie the Ohio 2004 and Florida 2000 elections.

Next step is that you still need to prove who you are when you actually get to the polling station.  In some places it is enough to just show the other part of the stub you ripped from your voter registration application, in others they require some form of ID.  This system is purposely loose in regards to requirements, so people that can legally vote should theoretically have no hindrance.

I won't even get into the Diebold flaws, that's another thread topic entirely.

I will share this story though.  In 2002 I was dating a German girl and we happened to be away for a weekend to another part of Germany.  It was Sunday, voting day, and she suddenly remembered she needed to vote.  I thought "Crap, we gotta cut our 3-day weekend short and drive all the way back".  Nope.

She walks to the nearest voting station near our FKK resort, flashes her student ID, they check it on the computer, and she walks right in and votes...gets a receipt, walks back out and showed me she voted Green up and down the ticket, including local seats (wierd girl, but damn fine...) and we walk off.   WTF?  Germany is a lot of people and they can have such a painless sytem like that, what is wrong with us?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Methinks Lowing hasn't voted in the US before, and that article certainly doesn't cover everything. 

First off, you need to register to vote well in advance of going to your selected polling station.  This registration is not automatic, though it is often as easy as filling in a card mailed to you and dropping it back in the mailbox.  Some cities even put a registration card in your face when you're getting your vehicle tags.  This system is already in place.  Republicans in the last two elections have had real problems in allowing registrations to go through the system, and like to drop registered voters from the list...ie the Ohio 2004 and Florida 2000 elections.

Next step is that you still need to prove who you are when you actually get to the polling station.  In some places it is enough to just show the other part of the stub you ripped from your voter registration application, in others they require some form of ID.  This system is purposely loose in regards to requirements, so people that can legally vote should theoretically have no hindrance.

I won't even get into the Diebold flaws, that's another thread topic entirely.

I will share this story though.  In 2002 I was dating a German girl and we happened to be away for a weekend to another part of Germany.  It was Sunday, voting day, and she suddenly remembered she needed to vote.  I thought "Crap, we gotta cut our 3-day weekend short and drive all the way back".  Nope.

She walks to the nearest voting station near our FKK resort, flashes her student ID, they check it on the computer, and she walks right in and votes...gets a receipt, walks back out and showed me she voted Green up and down the ticket, including local seats (wierd girl, but damn fine...) and we walk off.   WTF?  Germany is a lot of people and they can have such a painless sytem like that, what is wrong with us?
Wow, so think I don't vote? Well, ok..........

The problem here is at by not providing a photo ID at the polls the potential for voter fraud goes up. Now, I will admit that if the dems get their way, and we allow illegals to have drivers liecenses, then that also will aid in voter fraud.

Here in GA, no photo ID is required, hell you can produce anything with your name on it and it will be accepted practically. So lie on your voter registration and show no ID practically at the polls, sure why not? How much checking they really do before issuing a voter registration card I really have no idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard