No, I'm a Republican6%6% - 5
No, I'm a Democrat3%3% - 3
No, I'm independent7%7% - 6
No, I'm not American5%5% - 4
Who the hell is Ron Paul?17%17% - 14
Total: 80
GATOR591957
+84|6648
Here in Phoenix I see a lot of Ron Paul Revolution banners.  He is becoming more popular.  He's got my vote. I'm a Democrat.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6566|Sverige (SWE)
Don´t know and don´t wanna know
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6711|Tampa Bay Florida

znozer wrote:

Don´t know and don´t wanna know
Well, how constructive of you
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6301
Well, my problem with him is directly related the the racist screed in one of his past newsletters that he later blamed on a staffer whom he then fired, except the "it wasn't me, it was my ghostwriter" excuse doesn't explain how it ended up getting published. Either he couldn't be bothered to read what was being written in his name or he agreed with it and then used the staff firing to give himself plausible deniability when he realized it was generating negative publicity.
ts-pulsar
+54|6524

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Well, my problem with him is directly related the the racist screed in one of his past newsletters that he later blamed on a staffer whom he then fired, except the "it wasn't me, it was my ghostwriter" excuse doesn't explain how it ended up getting published. Either he couldn't be bothered to read what was being written in his name or he agreed with it and then used the staff firing to give himself plausible deniability when he realized it was generating negative publicity.
You have a link for this, first I've heard of it.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6301

ts-pulsar wrote:

No prob.

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/06/man-of-hour.html

Pretty comprehensive listing of things he said (or his ghostwriter said after tying Paul to a chair and refusing to let him read it until it'd been printed and distributed) as well as his connections to groups like the CCC (Council of Conservative Citizens, occasionally known as "the KKK in suits"). I fully expect to be torn apart on this one and I don't rightly care. Phony populist fuckers like Paul who try to maintain broad public appeal while engaging in dog-whistle politics intended to also court far-right extremists piss me right the fuck off.
ts-pulsar
+54|6524

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

No prob.

Pretty comprehensive listing of things he said (or his ghostwriter said after tying Paul to a chair and refusing to let him read it until it'd been printed and distributed) as well as his connections to groups like the CCC (Council of Conservative Citizens, occasionally known as "the KKK in suits"). I fully expect to be torn apart on this one and I don't rightly care. Phony populist fuckers like Paul who try to maintain broad public appeal while engaging in dog-whistle politics intended to also court far-right extremists piss me right the fuck off.
I don't think he's a phony, he has a serious voting record to back up that he believes what he says.

And thanks for the link, gotta spend some time reading it now.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6606|Seattle
im registering as a republican so i can help paul in the primaries, dont know what ill do from there.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6219

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

No prob.

Who do you support for president in 2008?
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6301

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Exactly none of the fuckers currently running for the office. All I see is Democrats trying to ape Republican positions or Republicans trying to out-Reagan each other (with Thompson currently in the lead there). Not really a whole lot on offer for a leftist-anarchist like myself, since none of the frontrunners are doing anything but offering lip service to progressive ideals and most of them will likely do everything they can to reinforce the hierarchical structure of our society.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6426|North Carolina
Well, Hunter, I think you've ensured that my vote will go to Nader.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6711|Tampa Bay Florida
Interesting numbers.  As of now, 5 Repubs voted no, and 9 voted yes.  Whereas the Dems voted 3 no and 9 yes.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6219

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Exactly none of the fuckers currently running for the office. All I see is Democrats trying to ape Republican positions or Republicans trying to out-Reagan each other (with Thompson currently in the lead there). Not really a whole lot on offer for a leftist-anarchist like myself, since none of the frontrunners are doing anything but offering lip service to progressive ideals and most of them will likely do everything they can to reinforce the hierarchical structure of our society.
You need to do more research on Dr. Paul.  The last thing he wants to do is reinforce the hierarchical structure of your society.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6301

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

You need to do more research on Dr. Paul.  The last thing he wants to do is reinforce the hierarchical structure of your society.
Oh gee thank you, since I'm incapable of reading or forming new opinions on my own, it's so good to have someone to point me in the right direction and assume that I haven't read a fucking thing about Ron Paul.

Look pal, I've read a lot about Ron Paul. Just because most of it isn't the whitewashed and fawning adoration about him that seems to be everywhere doesn't make it invalid. He has a history of racist statements that can't be erased simply by saying "Some other guy wrote it" when it's published in his newsletter, he's the darling of right-wing racist groups from the CCC to Stormfront and in short he's unfit to be a dogcatcher in Greenland let alone a US representative or for fuck's sake President of the United States. The man has tacitly endorsed the idea that certain people are genetically criminal and violent; someone like that sure as hell isn't interested in deconstructing State power for anyone except maybe his wealthy buddies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard