trackstarr
+18|6726|Swing and a miss
Why do you say that.

Maybe in California

If only we had political figures that weren't afraid to tell the truth.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6429|North Carolina
Denver effectively legalized pot, but the Colorado state government still prosecutes any trafficking of it.

If the people of Denver can persuade the rest of Colorado that it should be legalized, Colorado will become the first state to make it legal.

In addition to this, there is strong support for legalizing pot in Oregon and Vermont.

California once legalized medicinal marijuana, but the Supreme Court shot that down.  I'm not sure if California would be willing to fight that battle again.
trackstarr
Yeah that is true.

I just hate how any political figure that wants legalization is marked by other politicians that they are a druggie.
Even though most of them are funded by the alcohol  lobby's.

Last edited by trackstarr (2007-07-22 21:54:45)

Turquoise
O Canada

trackstarr wrote:

Yeah that is true.

I just hate how any political figure that wants legalization is marked by other politicians that they are a druggie.
Even though most of them are funded by the alcohol  lobby's.
No kidding...  It's hypocrisy to the core...
trackstarr
There is just so much failure in their logic.

They think if it were legal it would be a pain to handle because people can grow it anywhere
but if it were legal it would not be a problem.

If it were legal there would be a huge reduction in population in local jails.
Pot heads wouldn't be caught with possession.

If it were legalized
there would scarely be "laced" marijuana handled to unaware teenagers.

I could go on forever
Turquoise
O Canada
The problem is that corporations and government want control over all substances.  If it is a product that anyone can grow, they either ban it or put into place a permit system.  Thus, marijuana is banned, and tobacco requires a permit to be grown legally.
trackstarr
That is a good point.

Marijuana can be controlled
But it can be quite difficult to grow.
Thus experience needs to be there.

Like all plants,fruits and vegetables you won't really know how to grow any of it until you try it.
Plus if your stoned you can get very lazy
so if it were legalized all you got to do is walk to a local 7/11 and buy a pack of joints
or go to a local pharmacy and buy some bud
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6791|UK

citricacidx wrote:

Vilham wrote:

It triggers schizophrenia.

FACT
Fact: you have no source

Fact: People with PRE-existing mental conditions shouldn't smoke marijuana because there is a risk of their already existing symptoms worsening. This does not mean the everyone with mental conditions will become schizophrenic, depressed, etc, but it can possibly happen. Marijuana does not cause schizophrenia.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/41/3/23
Where did I say "cause" I DIDNT! Thanks for backing up my original point. As I said before. It triggers schizophrenia.

/fail
SGT.Mays
+2|6767|Ohio
Ok, the only reason its illegal still is becuase once you redraw the lines as to what is "bad" then your on a slippery slope as to what isnt "bad".

For example all drugs should be legalized because they affect no one but yourself. The problem is people only argue for weed.
You guys wouldnt be for legalizing say heroin because you call it a "evil" drug. So that is where your agruements fail. The fact that you just drew a moral line as to what is wrong. Two options in this debate, all drugs or none. Hell heroin is safer than some of the legal shit you can do. EVERCLEAR!!!!!!! (is an EVIL drug)

PS I am pro-legalizing all drugs.

Plus when drugs are illegal you can discriminate. Crack will get 2-5, Coke will get 1-2. Crack is poor peoples Coke. Same chemical make up..... fucking cops.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6854|Denver colorado
Let em.

I haven't done drugs once in my life. I don't plan to.

But doing drugs is a personal choice. I believe that corroding the senses in anyway is dumb to do. 

however. Pot is alright I guess. It makes some people feel better about everything, and it doesn't totally fuck up their lifes unless they let it.
trackstarr

Vilham wrote:

citricacidx wrote:

Vilham wrote:

FACT
Fact: you have no source

Fact: People with PRE-existing mental conditions shouldn't smoke marijuana because there is a risk of their already existing symptoms worsening. This does not mean the everyone with mental conditions will become schizophrenic, depressed, etc, but it can possibly happen. Marijuana does not cause schizophrenia.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/41/3/23
Where did I say "cause" I DIDNT! Thanks for backing up my original point. As I said before. It triggers schizophrenia.

/fail
You mean with heavy withdraws or what?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

Turquoise wrote:

Denver effectively legalized pot, but the Colorado state government still prosecutes any trafficking of it.

If the people of Denver can persuade the rest of Colorado that it should be legalized, Colorado will become the first state to make it legal.

In addition to this, there is strong support for legalizing pot in Oregon and Vermont.

California once legalized medicinal marijuana, but the Supreme Court shot that down.  I'm not sure if California would be willing to fight that battle again.
It is still legal here.  The DEA is the only one to be afraid about as far as raids on medical card holders.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6302|Mo Val, Cali
Yeah my Mom just started using it here in California haha. Like a month before she got it she stopped smoking cigarettes and she was like aren't you proud I haven't smoked cigarettes in a month. I was like yeah but now you're smoking weed.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6609|Seattle
mmmm, weeeeed
bargarse
+1|6173
yep....i got a gooden.....i smoked everyday for 5 years and just about drove my self insane......i reckon its a horrible drug.....if you could limit yourelf to a few small spliffs a week then it might be pretty harmless....but the problem with dope is that its highly addictive and when your addicted its easy as punch to get it......i have nothing against the occasional spliff but i really dont think there is such a thing as an occasional spliff....fuck pot
miley
Banned
+9|6148
Heres a better one,I smoked weed every day for 20 years,ran a successful construction company which i sold 2 years ago and im currently retired ( I,m 42 yrs old btw )

The point is ALL drugs are not good if you have an addictive personality as they will just reinforce the state of mind you are in.

And to the guy who said its hard to grow. Its very very easy to grow trust me i know............. why do you think they call it weed?

Last edited by miley (2007-07-23 02:49:21)

citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6529|Atlanta, GA
Yes, and politicians and others assume that if it were legal, people would just grow their own and not go to the stores. I have no idea where they think we live, but as Americans we don't have the patience for that.

How many people go out to the store to buy ground beef, hamburger buns, and cheese, go home fire up the grill and put in the small amount of effort it takes to grill burgers? Why would they do that when there is a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc just a few minutes away and much faster.

It's legal for people to grow up to 1/10th of an acre of tobacco, but you don't see people who smoke cigarettes growing their own.

Sure, some people are going to grow their own green because they want to do it or they want to grow a different strain that's not around their area. But the majority of Americans don't want to spend the time it would take when there's perfect;y good marijuana being sold in the stores.

Last edited by citricacidx (2007-07-23 05:32:01)

miley
Banned
+9|6148

citricacidx wrote:

Yes, and politicians and others assume that if it were legal, people would just grow their own and not go to the stores. I have no idea where they think we live, but as Americans we don't have the patience for that.

How many people go out to the store to buy ground beef, hamburger buns, and cheese, go home fire up the grill and put in the small amount of effort it takes to grill burgers? Why would they do that when there is a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc just a few minutes away and much faster.

It's legal for people to grow up to 1/10th of an acre of tobacco, but you don't see people who smoke cigarettes growing their own.

Sure, some people are going to grow their own green because they want to do it or they want to grow a different strain that's not around their area. But the majority of Americans don't want to spend the time it would take when there's perfect;y good marijuana being sold in the stores.
couldnt agree more and if you check you would see a similar situation in Holland, where its legal to grow your own but the vast majority of people will go to a cofee shop and buy it instead.
trackstarr

bargarse wrote:

yep....i got a gooden.....i smoked everyday for 5 years and just about drove my self insane......i reckon its a horrible drug.....if you could limit yourelf to a few small spliffs a week then it might be pretty harmless....but the problem with dope is that its highly addictive and when your addicted its easy as punch to get it......i have nothing against the occasional spliff but i really dont think there is such a thing as an occasional spliff....fuck pot
You have got to be kidding me
It is the person who gets mentally addicted to pot
Not the drug.
Pot is one of the lowest drugs to get addicted to physically

Heroin, cocaine, and other heavy drugs are both STRONGLY physically and mentally addictive
I have been smoking for about 3 years. And i don't have any heavy withdraws
Ive gone weeks and months smoking non stop and haven't felt the need for it
Hell I went on a tolerance break for 2 1/2 months.

Oh also the fact that you were smoking spliffs WHICH HAS TOBACCO IN IT
Tobacco is a highly addictive.
So don't blame it on Maryjane
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6529|Atlanta, GA

trackstarr wrote:

Oh also the fact that you were smoking spliffs WHICH HAS TOBACCO IN IT
Tobacco is a highly addictive.
So don't blame it on Maryjane
QFT. Sorry, but he's right, you can't go blaming one thing (marijuana) for the other thing (tobacco).
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6606|SE London

Vilham wrote:

FACT
Except it doesn't.

It diminishes the brains ability to cope with the onset of schizophrenia and other mental disorders, by clogging annanamide (I've probably spelt that sooooo wrong) receptors.

It doesn't trigger anything of the sort. It just means if you do have mental issues later on - you're fucked. Which isn't good, but it's not the same as triggering it.
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6276|Spacetime

Bertster7 wrote:

Drugs are bad.
trackstarr

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Drugs are bad.
Exactly
Just smoke weed
Silentkillr69
+6|6202|Chicago
what the hell has this country (USA) gone too.......people freely getting high, with little police interventoin already and now they might make it legal. wtf. hopefully this is hell and heaven is much better.
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6529|Atlanta, GA
yes, hopefully in heaven the largely uneducated massed will have complete control over the masses [/sarcasm]

I think it's very disturbing that your version of hell is people being able to do something they enjoy. I would think hell would be some place where murders, rapists, and serial killers roam freely without any means of stopping them... but what do I know?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard