Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the jews

jokes
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6135

Rebelfighter45 wrote:

So, what could be a solution for this problem??
there is no solution, peace will never be achieved, People want this, people want that.
trippy982
+34|6368
Well how I see it, causes of wars will always be:  religion, expansion of territories, rights / freedom, resources (oil, gold, diamond), and politics.

All of which ties down to basic human greed, pride, inability to be content.
Smitty5613
+46|6497|Middle of nowhere, California
u shoulda had another choice..."All of the above."
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
All the people who put down religion are fools.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

not at all. but religion is just one of the differences that helps pit us against each other.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Human nature, chimps war with each other, and we're just above them, we're also the only living thing that doesn't just take what we need from the enviorment to survive like animals do.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA
Human nature. The other factors are just accelerants.

Just look at children to see our most basic instincs at work - they have not been fully socialized. There are fights every day among kids that are the same religion, come from the same culture, come from the same economic braket, etc, etc. People will always find differenecs to fight over the other party trying to replicate them!
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification
Peace is an illusion as long as money rules the world.  Money creates divides within any culture, the haves, the have more, and the have nots.  As long as there is that level of social and economic discrimination conflict will arise even within reasonable people.  Just look at all the unions that strike to get more dough and how that has even been violent.

Now image it's for life itself and ask how hard you would fight for it?

I'm a pacifist by nature and I abhor the use of violence for violence sakes but I still need to be realistic when asking "is peace possible?" and I have to answer no.  We, as a race, are just too young, dumb, and full of ..... for our own good.  Maybe one day we will be able to look at Ghandi's example and solve all the world's problems.
jonsimon
+224|6465
Economics. The current system of incentives promotes corruption and war. With the proper system of economic incentives peace could be a reality. However, there is no incentive for the decision makers to learn any economics or to change anything.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

CommieChipmunk wrote:

not at all. but religion is just one of the differences that helps pit us against each other.
But this is asking for the main cause which is either economic or political reasons. Religion does create differences but it has not been one of the most important causes for war in hundreds of years. As of right now religion is preconceived by the mis-informed as a cause for war because the greedy person in charge will try to recruit followers by any means necessary. He is the cause of the war and he is causing the war out of greed and not religion.
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6135|California

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Thats true, but back in the day, when Christianity first came about, they were persecuted for their beliefs.
So, I ask this, who's fault was it for the violence...
Christbane
+51|6205
Imagine if war had not killed so many people.  if the people killed in WW2 alone had been able to live and prosper can you imagine what the world would be like now?  I have no data to back this thought up, but I would imagine if war had not killed those people. disease famine etc etc would in the long run because of severe over population. can one of you math wizards figure out what our populations might be had none of those people died?  sad as it is, earth needs population control. and war seems to be the most efficient way of doing so.   so would no war,  peace and unity equal over population, disease and famine?  or i suppose one of those people living could be the one who finds the miracle cure for disease. or the technology to get us to another planet to destroy >)

some figures from wiki about ww2 deaths 

The total estimated human loss of life caused by World War II, irrespective of political alignment, was roughly 72 million people. The civilian toll was around 47 million, including about 20 million due to war related famine and disease. The military toll was about 25 million, including about 5 million prisoners of war. The Allies lost around 61 million people, and the Axis lost 11 million
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

weerdfoo1 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Thats true, but back in the day, when Christianity first came about, they were persecuted for their beliefs.
So, I ask this, who's fault was it for the violence...
Actually the early Christians were persecuted because they worshiped their god as higher than the Emperor and would refer to him with regal words (lord). The Roman aristocracy (who where mostly atheist believe it or not) felt threated my this and thus tried to remove the Christians.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ

lowing wrote:

Why can human kind not achieve peace and unity ?
1. greed
2. religion
3. lust

in that order

just greed for me thank you 
ƒ³
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Mankind itself
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6343|Kyiv, Ukraine
"It's the economy stupid"

"War is a racket"

Take the fact that war is profitable on one side.

Take the fact that some resource valuable to someone will always be in short supply somewhere on the other side.

Everything else is just cassus belli.

If you have a realistic answer in how to remove profits from weapons industries or duplicate resources so the greedy always have enough, then you're a better man than, well, everyone.
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
Religion and the ingrained fear of some bogus after-life of torture are the only things keeping us from a constant state of anarchy.

We will always have war and conflict as long as some people are motivated to create more and have more, and others are either unwilling or unable to create more. Those who can't excel, for whatever reason, and get big screen TVs and cars and fast food and baseball stadiums and Ralph lauren clothes will ALWAYS want what the "haves" have, and will do what they can to get it. War.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Dersmikner wrote:

Religion and the ingrained fear of some bogus after-life of torture are the only things keeping us from a constant state of anarchy.

We will always have war and conflict as long as some people are motivated to create more and have more, and others are either unwilling or unable to create more. Those who can't excel, for whatever reason, and get big screen TVs and cars and fast food and baseball stadiums and Ralph lauren clothes will ALWAYS want what the "haves" have, and will do what they can to get it. War.
lol. That is such a stereotypically American viewpoint. You think that it is possible to create and get ahead without stepping on others, something that for the most part is untrue. I'm sorry but I don't live with my head in the sand. We can't all be winners - drive and ambition has nothing to do with it. If we were all created equal and able to achieve the same as each other we would be living in what would appear to be the utopia envisaged by idealistic communits. Unfrotunately reality dictates that lazy good-for-nothing crepulent sacks of shit get born into wealth they never earned.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A NEED FOR TOILET CLEANERS EARNING JACKSHIT.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-24 06:35:05)

BVC
+325|6665
Human nature, though we are not completely at it's mercy.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272
Everything.
Wreckognize
+294|6455
Human nature.  Everything else is derived from it.  Tendency to gravitate towards a suitable religion, tendency to form different cultures, etc.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Pussy

Not being funny, I am being serious.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-07-24 18:41:31)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

thread wrote:

What is the primary factor preventing man kind from achieving peace
man kind
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Pork chops and applesauce.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard