Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6484|UK
Just wondering if anyone else gets BAD slowdown in game when they use fraps?

I have a decent enough pc, plays bf2 maxed out and i get 100+ fps constantly, however when u turn fraps on this drops to 25-30fps and is unplayable!  i only have the demo version of fraps that lets u record for 30 seconds, and i have it set to record at 25fps

My specs are:

E6600 @ 2.4Ghz
BFG 7950 GT OC 256
2GB DDR2 800MHz
Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Turned off dynamic shadows and lighting or whatever it is but it has no effect

Any ideas on how i can stop fraps from laggin my gameplay? Want to avoid OC'ing

Cheers
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6573
Are you trying to record in full size or half size?
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6484|UK
full size
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6743

Fraps will drop your viewable fps to whatever you set it to record at. Its dropping to 25 because you set it to 25. If your system can handle more, set it to 50 or 60. The file sizes will be larger; however, it will be a lot more playable.

Also, recording to a second hard-drive can reduce lag if it is dropping BELOW what you set it to - your system however is more than sufficient to run it at 40,50,60 whatever...

I do suggest recording in half size though, you don't need full size fraps recordings as that makes your video files really really huge.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6484|UK
cheers for the advice guys

Zenmaster - i did mean the fps in BF2 not the fps that fraps is displaying in the corner

I have however just changed the settings to half size and 30 fps recording to my 2nd HD and it is working MUCH better
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6387
I tried to use Fraps (the free one) and when I played back the video it was all black, but the sound worked.
I ran it at default settings. Anyone know why this happens?

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-07-23 12:25:16)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6433|UK

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I tried to use Fraps (the free one) and when I played back the video it was all black, but the sound worked.
I ran it at default settings. Anyone know why this happens?
yes

you have version 2.9 of fraps

thats a fucked version it had a bug in it.

download the newest ( 2.9.1 )

btw you have to do all your filming again buddy.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6387
I DL'ed the free version and tried it for a few minutes. I found that the videos were black and at the time couldn't find anything about it. I uninstalled it and never looked back. So I really didn't loose anything. I am still interested in getting a couple matches recorded. Thanks - Ill try the newer version soon.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-07-23 12:53:06)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard