daltec
+0|6138|Springfield VA USA
One of my many problems is that I often just don't think about picking up the other guy's kit, and even when I do, I sometimes forget what I can do with it. Lately I have been better about picking up a medic kit to revive fallen teammates, but I probably would never  have thought about grabbing a sniper kit, using it to place clays, and then retrieving my old kit. Great idea!  I'll try it with engineer as well -- kill the engy in his tank, then grab his kit and drop all of his mines.

THis might seem like common sense to advanced players, but it is not so common to players like me, so thanks for the original post!
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
Good guide, cause that's what we need in bf2, more claymores on flags
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6623|pimelteror.de

keyoshi wrote:

Doesnt everyone do all that?
Ssandstorm
+73|6704|Perth, Western Australia

T.Pike wrote:

Claymore spamming at spwan points or flags is frowned upon on our servers.
Ssandstorm
+73|6704|Perth, Western Australia

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Good guide, cause that's what we need in bf2, more claymores on flags
More claymores, more often!
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

Samtheman53.000001 wrote:

Yes, but Id never pick up a dead guys medic kit to revive him cus when it happens to me it really pisses me off.
Why so ? I say thx for that ... never mind what kit I get , I can easily kill some dumb enemy and take his medic kit . So whats your problem ? Teamwork is pissing you off , right ?
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6361|fÄking denmark

innerchild wrote:

USMCkilla wrote:

This is the dumbest post I have ever read. Everyone who has a ounce of common sense knows this stuff already.
i can easly flame your ass off but i do not walk the road you are walking.
your reply is rude and is a perfect example of dumb behaviour...

ever thought that people might not fight and play the same way as you are for example ???
i just wanted to share my ideas and thoughts and i was wondering if more did it.

if you do not have anything usefull to comment then please don't...
Lol'd at you innerchild, srry ..

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Old tactic...most people use them...they are good tho!
But yes, I use those tactics ..
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6190|cs_connecticut‬‭
I do it!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Yup, I know and use all of those tactics.
l41e
+677|6618

Snake wrote:

Yup, I know and use all of those tactics.
TGMaverick
+16|6200

T.Pike wrote:

Claymore spamming at spwan points or flags is frowned upon on our servers.
What servers do you have?  I'd like to know so I can avoid them.  I try to avoid any server that has dumbass rules like that.
cosworth1983
+21|6455|Enschede / Netherlands

Stizz wrote:

heres a good tactic

i am usually the first or one of the first to spawn in on a new map (loads fast for me) so for example, I spawned in first on mass destruction as spetz, pressed insert to make a squad, then another teammate of mine got done loading , joined my squad and spawned on me in the heli.  We then proceded to flags where he hopped out fast and we only nuetralized the flags.  At the last rebel flag the first couple of rebels finally got in and spawned, unfortunatly for them we were right the in the heli.  We then made quick work of neutralizing that last flag and the round ended in record time.  The only problem with this tactic is that you and at least 1 friend need some really fast loading machines, you need to be on the same team, the map has to have an attack chopper that spawns right away at the start of a round, and it also depends on the map and size.
Alternatly, you could hold off on the last flag and just circle strafe the shit outa their team with the chopper.
I'm also usually the first to spawn in a server,   if i'm playing with a firend of mine,  i will take the chopper and wait on him,  but if i'm playing alone,  i always get a jet, and fly to the flag that is closest to their uncap,  and try to take it.
I sometimes cap the flag even before a single enemy has spawned 

Greetz
1s1k_hellspawn
+5|6170|in the woods of maine
do it all the time
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6108
Isnt there a negative karma for this one? ;< Where is the trick? i mean why do you think the G button is for :"|
ApolloRex69
+2|6105|Gardendale, Alabama
I agree with what daltec said. One man's common sense = A new strategy for rookie players. I've often used the "grab the medic kit" trick to revive my comrades, but I hadn't thought about grabbing someones kit just to lay mines or claymores and then picking my old kit up afterwards. Thanks for the tip!

It's amazing how immature (and downright hostile) some of the posters are on this forum. Particularly interesting is the fact that some people only seem to post here in order to shoot down other players questions/ tips/ etc...

To those players (and they know who they are) I waste this bit of worldly wisdom...GROW UP!!
agent146
+127|6356|Jesus Land aka Canada

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Old tactic...most people use them...they are good tho!
yes in a way its kinda obvious to do such a thing but a handful of people dont'; another way that i like to use in a thick fire fight is steal as much medic kits as possible and revive fallen team mates. instead of waiting for the charge on it; just grab another medic kit and use that one to revive.
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6222|Spacetime

Samtheman53.000001 wrote:

Yes, but Id never pick up a dead guys medic kit to revive him cus when it happens to me it really pisses me off.
Medics should revive medics in the heat of battle.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6617
thats like... normal?
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live

cospengle wrote:

it's a good idea to just neutralise the flag rather than cap it because as the OP said, they know you're there once it goes grey. If no one caps it you can go back later to finish the job.
Picking up someone else's kit isn't very unusual, but leaving flags neutral is the best point in the OP. When I play mobile AA on Daqing I usually hide under something when I turn a flag neutral because I know the F-15 is going to come by. After it misses me with its bombs I pop back out, shoot it down if I'm lucky, and finish capping the flag.
simmy.uk
+117|6408
I use that claymore thing sometimes. I don't do it too often because if I get killed with claymores alot then I get mad. But yeah good tips there.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6184
i always switch kits if i can benifit from the switch.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6112
I'm always amazed at the amount of people that don't revive me when I'm medic.  It's not hard to pick up a kit.  If people don't want to lose their original kit then it's easy to get it back, anyway. 

It goes like this:
1. I get killed
2. Teammate kills guy who killed me
3. Teammate takes my kit and revives me, I spawn with his kit
4. I pick up kit of dead enemy, dropping teammate's original kit
5. Teammate picks up his original kit, dropping my medic kit in the process
6. I pick up my original kit

Both alive, both with original kits.

Apparently this is lost on most people, though.
PE
+2|6127

keyoshi wrote:

Doesnt everyone do all that?
Wot he said
TheSkrapper
+7|6168

daltec wrote:

This might seem like common sense to advanced players, but it is not so common to players like me, so thanks for the original post!
I second that Daltec!!!

To all the flamers saying ..."Duh .. we all do this ..."  Please remember that people are still buying BF2 for the first time.  If things like this are not posted then the noobs may not learn good tactics.   

To those new players that are reading this ... picking up a med kit and reviving your teammates is a very good tactic.  Not only does it add to your score but it can turn the tide of a game especially if a claymore took out most of your squad and it's medics.  Learn the key combination of "G6".  This gets the kit and changes to your paddles. 

If someone gets mad because you took their med kit and revived them then they are a noob too.  If they have played for any amount of time then they would know they can pick up whatever kit they want within a minute or two.  You also have the option of picking up another stray kit after you revive them so the madic can get his kit back.  After a quick swap then everyone can have their own kits back.  Arnie details this above in his post.

I would shy away from the claymore and mine laying unless you are very familiar with the spawn points around the flag as well as the major traffic routes.  Otherwise the team kills will get you.  Like someone said earlier ... this is frowned upon on certain servers.

As far as neutralizing a flag and leaving, sometimes I use this tactic to avoid arty.  A lot of commanders automatically arty a flag that is getting capped.  So I will neutralize it then run away out of arty distance.  If I don't hear arty then I make my way back.  (A lot of the time you can hear the arty go off in the distance.)I only use this if I feel that the other commander is arty crazy.

Last edited by TheSkrapper (2007-07-24 09:24:07)

Grover
+1|6124
I would like to say that any novice should actually read this & FOLLOW THIS ADVICE
for starters.  However, I cannot imagine that somewhere in this forum this has all
been said & the SEARCH BUTTON may actually come into play...

If you want to know how to play this game join squads with people like myself & the
poster who is flaming the original post.  We know your tactics, we have adapted & I
for one would not tell you how to better yourself.  The badge system if properly obeyed
& attained will aide in teaching you skill.

It is Amazing to me how many people do not use 5 & 6 respectively on the keyboard
to switch quickly from MED PACK to PADDLES... Come play with me & see, that with the
exception of SUPPLY KIT, I will kill you consistently if you make it your aim to fight me.

I am trying to be honest & humble. Only with vehicles do you have a greater advantage.
I say advantage because if you have played against me - you know that I will C4 your tank
& the APC/LAV next to you and kill 3 guys at the flag for fun.  I want to WIN!  Look at how
many repairs/heals/revives I have.

BF2 is an amazing!!!
Stealth & Adaptability of kit/vehicle makes this game the GOLD STANDARD of FPS!

Last edited by Grover (2007-07-24 13:15:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard