Poll

.40S&W vs .45ACP A personal choice?

.40 all the way. More bullets.43%43% - 52
.45 Why have more bullets? Only need to hit once.56%56% - 68
Total: 120
agent146
+127|6409|Jesus Land aka Canada
5.7mm FTW. so i have to say .40 lighter it is good enough as RedTwizzler said your average gangsta is not going to cover kevlar or TT plating.
but 9mm is cheaper :p
or you can try the uncommon 10mm....
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6482|UK
.40 I'm sure its got enough stopping power, the extra 5 rounds will make alot of difference.

Lol @ Parkers crazy post you need one of them red stripy jacket things. The thing that Homer Simpson would go hunting in.

Last edited by wah1188 (2007-07-06 07:54:04)

imortal
+240|6687|Austin, TX
Just a bit of resolution.

I decided to buy the .40 pistol.  Not because of the firepower argument, but because of how the pistol felt.  The .45 grip was just a hair longer than the .40's grip.  The grip of the .40 feels like it just melted in my hand, and it is a natural pointer for me.

Besides, if I buy the .45 M&P, my woman will have a fit when it is time for me to get my 1911!
The deal I have worked out with my fiance is that I can have 10 guns.  I just have to pick the right 10.  So I have sold off what is not on my list and started from scratch.  I am now 2 for 10.  Only 8 to go.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum

imortal wrote:

I decided to buy the .40 pistol.  Not because of the firepower argument, but because of how the pistol felt.  The .45 grip was just a hair longer than the .40's grip.  The grip of the .40 feels like it just melted in my hand, and it is a natural pointer for me.

Besides, if I buy the .45 M&P, my woman will have a fit when it is time for me to get my 1911!
The deal I have worked out with my fiance is that I can have 10 guns.  I just have to pick the right 10.  So I have sold off what is not on my list and started from scratch.  I am now 2 for 10.  Only 8 to go.
What made your list?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
imortal
+240|6687|Austin, TX

fatherted13 wrote:

imortal wrote:

What made your list?
Ah, my list. The 10 guns, eh?

01. Ruger 10-22 .22 rifle
02. Ruger 22-45 .22 pistol          HAVE
03. S&W M&P .40 pistol              HAVE
04. S&W 1911 PD .45 pistol
05. S&W 327 M&P R8 .357 revolver
06. S&W 340 M&P CT .357 revolver
07. S&W M&P15T .223 rifle
08. Kahr P40 .40 pistol
09. Remington 700 .308 rifle
10. Remington 11-87 12ga shotgun

And yes, I know there are going to be a lot of people who will want to argue and debate my choices.  That is fine.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6654|Germany
Curios what you guys in America have at home
In Germany only the police etc. have guns.... gay guns
But on the other side, there are more people dying of weapons in America because they are so easy accessible, in Germany we even have problems with toy guns and air-soft and stuff...
Politicans don't like them very much.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6312|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Cubefreak666 wrote:

But on the other side, there are more people dying of weapons in America because they are so easy accessible, in Germany we even have problems with toy guns and air-soft and stuff...
Yeah, but we have the Second Amendment.

Y'know, right to bear arms and such.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum

cowami wrote:

Cubefreak666 wrote:

Yeah, but we have the Second Amendment.

Y'know, right to bear arms and such.
Well we have... A lower drinking age! So STFU, and GTFO!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6540|USA

Cubefreak666 wrote:

this is not the thread for a gun control debate.  /over
SGT.Mays
+2|6765|Ohio
Personally, it all depends on your aim.

I choose 45s becuase i would rather put one into the shoulder (gun/hostage) or one into the hip (pussy with a knife) and have it effectivly cripple the son of a bitch. (Yes id love a 50 but it aint practical and its fucking blinding to shoot at night......)

But if you aint a great shot off the draw. I'd say the 40 because it is easier for most to put more into a smaller cone with those.

Plus women LOVE big guns... sorry its late.

and i was obviously to lazy to read the thread before i wrote this, i personally recommend adding an assult rifle to your collection, i have an old ass ak 74 su on a rack in my trunk perfect for urban combat and great for scaring annoying teens.

Last edited by SGT.Mays (2007-07-22 22:55:31)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6411
I didn't see this thread until now - catching up:

imortal wrote:

I want at LEAST a .40, since I do not trust a 9mm with a one-shot stop.
Don't trust a .40S&W with a "one-shot stop" either. As a matter of fact don't trust any firearm with a "one-shot stop".
Shot placement is the key. Carry what you are comfortable with and can shoot accurately.
Caliber and round quantity does NOT make up for poor marksmanship.
22's kill more people every year than any other cartridge in the US.

If you have to shoot in self-defense you shoot until the threat is stopped (on the ground not moving).

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I still don't get why you people feel the need to carry handguns around. I mean, it's an incredibly inneficient way of killing someone in a hurry, very easy to hurt yourself with, expensive, and liable to get you arrested in some states.
A nice 12-gauge is a far better option, with the ability to blow chunks out of people at short range, or out up to SMG ranges with slugs. And with something that size, you're sure to only haul it out when REALLY needed.
Handguns are one of the most efficient self-defense tools man has available.
Shotguns are great self-defense firearms for your property, but not out-and-about.
Difficult to carry and the chance of damage to property or hitting an innocent person is too high.

Parker wrote:

you cant conceal a shotgun, and i own the smallest legally allowed.....there is no way ill get that in my pants.
I could get this legal (class III) shotgun in my pants - drawing it may be a different story
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Guns/th_ser_shorty_big.jpg

Skorpy-chan wrote:

And if you're bashing someone with what sounds like a large dildo
Parker did you start making dildos out of stainless steel? https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/haha.gif

Parker wrote:

im sorry man, but it is completely impossible to conceal a shotgun to carry it. there is just no way. i have a shotgun that has a PISTOL grip.....no stock. NOT going to be able to conceal it. .
Don't forget about the judge, technically it shoots .410 shotgun shells.
http://www.taurususa.com/video/taurus-t … -video.cfm

ts-pulsar wrote:

Oh it's not impossible, it would just be highly illegal.  Just get a cheap break open single barrel or double barrel, shorten the stock up, or make a pistols style for it, and chop the barrel down to about 8 inches, bam easily concealable shotgun that would land you in jail for ten years if caught
Class III (S.B.S.) weapon, could conceal in some states if you possess a concealed carry permit.

cowami wrote:

Parker, you need a shave.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/iagree.gif Enjoyed the pics though https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/lol.gif

Parker wrote:

i want some birds to migrate there eventually
Watch out they will steal your food!

imortal wrote:

Sounds like you made the right decision.

imortal wrote:

And yes, I know there are going to be a lot of people who will want to argue and debate my choices.  That is fine.
You can never please everyone - list looks good to me.

fatherted13 wrote:

Well we have... A lower drinking age! So STFU, and GTFO!
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/blah.gif

SGT.Mays wrote:

i have an old ass ak 74 su on a rack in my trunk perfect for urban combat and great for scaring annoying teens.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/handface.gif You better hope you get internet access in jail https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/eek.gif

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2008-02-05 09:07:41)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard