-=Blazexx=-
+0|6547
Hello,  have been playing bf2 for years now and i wanted to clean my comp so bf2 would run faster..

I recently uninstalled bf2 from my drive E, and i have formated all my drives C,D,E,F .. Now i have a clean PC and go to install Battlefield 2. I install it choose to install in E drive has 91 gb to my C drive that only has 10gb (windows processor), now its installing fine up untill it tells me to "Insert Disk 2" i do so now as soon as i hit "retry" it tells me "Failed to install battlefield 2, try again later".  well this happens and now i try to reboot, i even used a different Bf2 CD disk 2, i have 3 btw.  What i cant understand is why this will not install even tried every drive on a fresh computer.         All my drivers are up to date, dx10 installed,net framework 2.0 all installed.. i have no other programs.  i just want to play BF2

can anyone please help me ? i searched here and many other sites for answers but i have come up short.
-=Blazexx=-
+0|6547
any solutions ? please help.
lolcakes
Banned
+16|6159
it might be your cd drive, but my guess is that all 3 of ur disk two bf2 cds are scratched or something..
Also try to install in safe mode. Dont know if you can or cant, but try
-=Blazexx=-
+0|6547
well my cd's are almost perfect, i can even manually install the game but i still get  the "Failed to install message" when installing..  and i have tried using my CD drive and my DVD drive and which none seem to work.
Fateless
+36|6273|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Hi mate, a solution to this is to "image" the cd's, using alcohol120 etc and mount the image and install from that.

Fateless.
-=Blazexx=-
+0|6547
still didnt work even when i used alcohol 120 ,  got the same message "failed to instal, try again later" .. i think i may have small traces of bf2 on my system im not sure, and i just bought brand new bf2 CD's and it still don't work.
tupla_s
+455|6623|Finland
Try with another cd-drive if possible, some drives just are screwed and don't read some cd's. I had same problem with 2142 but it worked with another drive.

EDIT: updating your drives firmware may also help.

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-07-23 13:58:41)

-=Blazexx=-
+0|6547
CD drive or DVD drive  tried both , only have 2 and failed ... i even pulled out another CD drive from my other comp and tried that. didnt install on my computer.. i even sucessfully installed it on my other comp, i wonder why it wont install on this one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard