Poll

Knife/Pistol Just noobs way of looking good, or an actual viable rule?

Statpadders, just trying to look better than they are.20%20% - 34
People trying to have fun on a different option.28%28% - 46
People with bad connections getting the best out of bf20%0% - 0
A mix of people playing for fun and stats.29%29% - 48
People trying to get badges.12%12% - 21
Omgnoobswhocaresbanthem.4%4% - 7
They can't handle real weapons3%3% - 6
Total: 162
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL
Since 18 pistol kills in a regular round is nearly impossible, I think most of them are there for the Knife and pistol badges, and the rest are there for the medic whoring triple digit scores.

i remember once we had a knife fight in that little hole near the hotel on a regular server that was basically empty... That takes more skill, nowhere to run.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Mostly stats, but you can't deny that a knife fight is good fun.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Most of them, probably almost all of them are our for stats. The ones doing it because its fun are very rare, why aren't there any unranked K&P servers?
theres one unranked knive&pistol server.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6587|Las Vegas, NV USA
I would bet that most are on the servers to get their badges.

However, I'd also bet that there are those that do it for the fun.  Hell, I've long had my pistol/knife badges, and I still think it'd be a nice change of pace to use only alternative weapons too (even shock paddles).

However, the couple of times that I've been on a knife/pistol server, they've always been screwy.  One was a server that used the words "knives and pistols preferred"...  Which resulted in everyone gunning each other down with whatever anyways.  Another didn't even give a clue that it was a knife/pistol server until you fully loaded and read the scrolling rules.  Which resulted in many admin pauses to remind players to play by the rules, or be kicked.  The last was a normal server until 2AM (local time), where there were only 10 people playing, and the admin suddenly paused the server to change the rules suddenly to a knife/pistol server.  Needless to say, I tried it for a little while... Up until the point that I would have earned myself a new Enemy that I don't believe should have deserved his newly acquired Victim.  Besides, it was quite boring.

In the end, however, I find it funner to knife people in the middle of normal servers (especially easy on IO maps like Ghost Town).  After all, I haven't played sniper for 300+ hours not knowing how to knife fight on city maps. 
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6482|Kamloops, BC Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

Since 18 pistol kills in a regular round is nearly impossible, I think most of them are there for the Knife and pistol badges, and the rest are there for the medic whoring triple digit scores.

i remember once we had a knife fight in that little hole near the hotel on a regular server that was basically empty... That takes more skill, nowhere to run.
I got my expert pistol on a IO karkand server. Because the other team felt like going 95% snipers.

Dodge + Weave + Pistol = killing 18 snipers really quick
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6763|Canada, Ont
It all started with people trying to get badges.

Its no secret down here that over 50% of the people who play BF2 are obsessed with Statistics
KanBear
+0|6383

Spark wrote:

Only in real life...........
Zathras
+2|6145

Spark wrote:

I agree.  Its more fun than sneaking up behind a sniper and letting him know you were there.  Unfortunately, most people wont take out their knife if I am running around with a knife.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6229|Uk
1+5+6+7
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6516|Little blue planet, milky way
Well, I voted for the badges.... I know EXACTLY how hard it was for me to earn most of mine... And it's an easy way to get your x amount of kills with a kit, or knife, or pistol, or whatever.
That said... anyone who thinks that you get MORE points on K/P are NUTS.... Sure, you can get like what ? 2-300 points on a K/P server... But how long does a map last when noone dies ?!?!? Exactly.. so you end up scoring 2-300 points in an HOUR, meanwhile on the IO server next door. "Midas_ the_mighty_medic" (or whomever) just did 4 rounds of karkand/jalalabad/sharqi scoring 80-100 points in EACH round in the same amount of time.
Someone wrote that it's like watching the grass grow.. yeah.. it's fun for about 10 minutes, but 1-2 hours ?!?!? Shit.. no way. I've done it once, not doing it again. It's too boring, and for the big scores.... K/P isn't the way to go.  In fact.. I think the IO mode has pretty much eliminated most of the K/P servers... There's like what ? 3-4 unranked ones left, and about the same ranked... Most of these are badly admined, so they're just CALLED K/P servers.... In fact, since IO, I can't think of a single badge or award that I wouldn't be able to get FASTER on regular servers with regular kits, than by using K/P... So Padding.... Nah...
agent146
+127|6379|Jesus Land aka Canada
"They can't handle real weapons" ? when the hell did bf2 became "real?" i say most are in there for the fun, others for the triple digit medic score, some are using assault weapons and loling,

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard